Talk About Marriage banner

201 - 220 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
16,584 Posts
I remember when visiting Toronto that they issued heat warnings under similar conditions. My wife and I laughed derisively. We won't see 15C until MAYBE mid-to-late October.

It's no so much that it hits 35C around here, but that it will do so every day for about 3 months. The older I get the less I like it. Temps like that just beat the hell out of you after a while, unless you stay in the AC nearly all the time.
Took my puppy, Mathias, to the vet in Brenham yesterday, and the car temp said 106F when we left the office. It leveled off to 104F and stayed that way until we made the thirty minute drive back out to the ranch!

Drove out to Millican at 6PM to load hay bales out of the field and it was 101F when we started. When we left @ 9PM, well after sunset, it had only fallen to a meager 97F!

The Texas Brazos Valley is definitely not for the faint of heart or the short-winded in the summertime!

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
It's 69.9 F in the den on the lower level and 71 F in the living room upstairs.

According to tomorrow's forecast they will be 70 and 71 respectively. Sunday's forecast is more of the same.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
This morning is cool and rainy - 14C (57F) and there are thunderstorms in the forecast possible for game time tonight. We are taking our 2 1/2 year old grandson - thankfully it isn't supposed to be too cold. 20C at start of the game, 16C or so by the end they're saying. Definitely doable in the rain :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Eastern Washington here: 102 high today!

It's been it the high 90's up to 107 for the last few days.

Following will be just as bad. Ugh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
It's been super humid here for the past few days and really warm at night. It's 81 right now, with a high of 97 today and hopefully not as humid.

·
Premium Member
23,512 Posts
Mostly sunny with a low of 27C and a high of 31C. Because of a low pressure system to the north of the islands, there are minimal trade winds (our natural AC). The humidity is the usual 80%. It is shorts and no-shirt weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Banned
3,432 Posts
This weekend was the coolest weekend for August that I can remember in my life. Highs were 75F Friday, 72F Saturday, 76F yesterday. Lows in the mid 60's. Unbelievably comfortable even though the humidity stayed at 80%+ all weekend.

It's been a wet summer. Normally all the grass is scorched this time of year, but my grass is as green as it was in April, and I don't water / fertilize it.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I understand I'm resurrecting an old thread, didn't want to start a new one about the same subject.

N.E. Florida has had some damn cold weather recently (by Florida standards).

The temp has been in the low/mid 80's for 12 days now. Usual is mid 90's this time of year. Two nights ago had a low of 68!! The record was 66 set in the 1920's. When it's cloudy and maybe a little rain it dips into the 70's. WTH!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm on the AZ border right now....ie. the 7th. ring of hell. Just north of us in Phoenix, it's the 9th. ring of Dante's Inferno. lol

Seriously, Upper 90s-102 for today. Our monsoon season was a fail...Hugely.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
It was 112 F yesterday. Today, we're cooling down to a balmy 109 F.

This heat can be brutal, but I'll take it any day over the torrential rain back east!

201 - 220 of 243 Posts