Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are having a little disagreement about the purpose of lingerie in a relationship. She thinks it should be worn around the house before bed (which we can't do because we have kids) or on special evenings out or date nights (which we almost never have because we have kids). On the other hand, I believe that as as long as it's not uncomfortable or especially noticeable, lingerie can be worn all day--even to work perhaps--to make the woman feel sexy all day and build anticipation in both partners until their rendezvous later that night.

What do you ladies say?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
i'm a simple woman.I like my cotton thongs and cotton bras.I flat out refuse to believe the hype surrounding lingerie and 'feeling sexy underneath'. I don't have to use lingerie under my clothes to feel sexy.

Naked is sexy.

I own lingerie pieces,some men like that and some like it all natural.
But I don't concern myself with what Vicky's secret says I should do to look/feel sexy.

Sexy is a state of mind,not a $90 piece of lace draped over your body.

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
I agree that sexy is a state of mind.

I also like wearing pretty/elegant/rock chick garments beneath my clothes that aren't the everyday cotton style - somedays I wear those too though. I like the variety of materials and styles and colors. To me there's "at home" lingerie that's impractical to wear out, and then there's nice sets that can still be worn all day too and still comfortable. I see it as part of my outfit, for myself, and yes, for my husband too. I like when he sees a hint of what I'm wearing in the morning before the suit goes on. I'm not sure it necessarily makes me feel sexier...but I've seen women mention here how they feel when they get their eyebrows waxed lol, or when they wear a cute pair of shoes. It's that type of effect for me.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Lingerie is fricken uncomfortable! I like smooth lines and fabrics, I don't like seams and I don't want lace showing through my t-shirts. Lace is itchy! No thanks!

Luckily, H doesn't care about lingerie at all. I no longer own any.
The really lacy stuff can be uncomfortable but I have to say I will wear it when I dress up. Just makes me feel sexy.

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Lingerie is fricken uncomfortable! I like smooth lines and fabrics, I don't like seams and I don't want lace showing through my t-shirts. Lace is itchy! No thanks!
seamless.

Seamless Underwear & No Lines Panties: Sexy No Show Panties at Victoria's Secret

The wife like smooth too. Lingerie does NOT have to be itchy and uncomfortable - we are not talking 1970's doilies and scratchy old style polyester maid outfits Even the newer lace fabrics can be smooth and silky and jaw droppingly cozy.

Whatever makes her feel sexy and comfortable works best though. Can be undies, can be old jeans and flannel shirts.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I love surprising my husband with lingerie. He loves it too! It works for the both of us and it adds variety. I even bought stilettos and it took me over a week to learn how to walk in them without killing myself.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like to wear it for my husband because I know it really turns him on, but with 3 young kids, I don't get to do it very often...so I did a self photo shoot for him and printed and laminated them for him, boy was he surprised and excited!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just another guy's perspective, but its designed for the show not for comfort. It doesn't matter if its uncomfortable, cause it ain't staying on for long.

·
Registered
663 Posts
My wife can't stand some of the lingerie she has and especially the feeling from wearing a g-string. But she knows that it drives me insane (and I'm sure she feels sexy in it because she looks damn hot), so she'll wear it for special occasions, such as a trip away for just the two of us.

I also like when she leaves it on during sex. No sense in waiting so long to see it and then just discard the lovely lace to the bedroom floor.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Sometimes when we go on cruises (which we do a lot) my wife drives me crazy by wearing dresses and old school garter belts with high dollar hose like they have at Stockings by Secrets in Lace - Lingerie, Nylon Stockings, Bras, Girdles, Garter Belts, Seamed Stockings, Retro Lingerie, Vintage Lingerie just because she knows I know its there. It builds the most wicked anticipation in me all evening at dinner and the clubs on the boat.

I do a lot of karaoke and she sits with her legs crossed while I'm on stage and occasionally does the whole basic instint move and switches from one side to the other so I catch a short glimpse.........Oh my God it drives me up the wall and she knows it............(You dirty little girl).

She knows I love lingere and knows how to work me even after all these years!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, so we've established that lingerie can be uncomfortable at times. So what do you think the perfect balance is between comfortable and sexy? I'd like to buy my wife something that she can wear under her clothes at work. Any suggestions? (I know that I have to take my wife's takes and boundaries; I'm just looking for a general idea.)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts

Luckily, H doesn't care about lingerie at all. I no longer own any.
I'm not a big fan of lingerie. I will wear it on special occasions, date nights, and in the bedroom, but I don't wear it every day. Luckily my husband is understanding about my feelings on it and won't push me to do something I don't want to. He always says I look gorgeous and sexy no matter what I wear.

seamless.

Seamless Underwear*& No Lines Panties: Sexy No Show Panties at Victoria's Secret

The wife like smooth too. Lingerie does NOT have to be itchy and uncomfortable - we are not talking 1970's doilies and scratchy old style polyester maid outfits Even the newer lace fabrics can be smooth and silky and jaw droppingly cozy.

Whatever makes her feel sexy and comfortable works best though. Can be undies, can be old jeans and flannel shirts.
I don't think you can really say that lingerie is "comfortable" when you have never worn it...

I say that whoever has to wear the lingerie should decide when she feels most comfortable wearing it.

:p
:iagree:

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
Okay, so we've established that lingerie can be uncomfortable at times. So what do you think the perfect balance is between comfortable and sexy? I'd like to buy my wife something that she can wear under her clothes at work. Any suggestions? (I know that I have to take my wife's takes and boundaries; I'm just looking for a general idea.)
What's comfortable to me - the next woman might shake her head at.

I remember your thread about how traumatic it was for your wife to go into the lingerie store. I like Jellybeans' post about deciding when she feels comfortable wearing it. Has your wife (or you) been dealing with her past to get near a place that this could be well received? Otherwise, I'd suggest not pushing it. Could you start with something small? If you wanted to have a flirtation between you during the day, any chance you could come up with something that doesn't involve lingerie, unless she's on the same page and expressed she wants to wear it - but it doesn't sound that way.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have a lingerie obsession I think ... I only wear sets and I only wear pretty/sexy. Everyone knows they can buy me a voucher for new lingerie as a present anytime and i'll be thrilled to bits.

I have no 'sensible' undies...although i do go for comfort. I find I can get both sexy and comfortable.

Nightwear is the same...no flannel nighties with kittens and puppies for me!! I only wear things that make me feel sexy/cute.. and shaggable! Is that a word?

And I do all of the above for MEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.