Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm on your side. I love them and I certainly think my husband looks hottest in nicer sweat pants or PJs and a hoodie. I love that look way more than a suit and tie. Maybe a suit and tie just looks stuffy to me and therefore I think the person will be stuffy?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
I love sweatpants; as long as they are clean, don't have holes in them and don't have stains/bleach burns in them.

They are soft, cozy and comfy. I like them, and I like seeing other people wear them. My husband looks great in them, he has some nice open-leg sweats that look so good.

I know sweatpants aren't for work [usually]; or any formal occasions. I understand that.

But I hear over and over again----especially on this site---- about how people kill romance by wearing sweatpants all the time.

If wearing sweatpants around the house and to run errands kills romance; then I don't think there was ever much attraction to begin with.

I like being soft and comfy. And I like looking at other people who seem like they are comfortable in their skin and clothes too. Dressing up is only for special occasions.

I don't see sweatpants as being an impediment to romance. They seem very easy to pull down - whether they be yours or your partner's... :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
I love sweatpants; as long as they are clean, don't have holes in them and don't have stains/bleach burns in them.

They are soft, cozy and comfy. I like them, and I like seeing other people wear them. My husband looks great in them, he has some nice open-leg sweats that look so good.

I know sweatpants aren't for work [usually]; or any formal occasions. I understand that.

But I hear over and over again----especially on this site---- about how people kill romance by wearing sweatpants all the time.

If wearing sweatpants around the house and to run errands kills romance; then I don't think there was ever much attraction to begin with.

I like being soft and comfy. And I like looking at other people who seem like they are comfortable in their skin and clothes too. Dressing up is only for special occasions.
I enjoy wearing comfortable clothes as well around the house and on weekends too.

It comes to wanting you see your partner in something that flatters their figure and makes them look sexy. Sweatpants are baggie and tend to hide the figure. For the most part, sweats are in no way enticing to me as a man. They scream, "I don't feel sexy nor am I in the mood." That is a romance killer.

That's where I like yoga pants or running tights, way more visually appealing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I know huh?

I also love what I call "pluffy" clothes; mostly shirts that are lined with sherpa. Or any kind of shirt/jacket that is made out of plush material.

Suits and ties are necessary for some types of work and special occasions. But guys never look comfortable in them, to me. It's not a sexy look---that's for sure.
Totally agree!

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
944 Posts
there's always someone that finds whatever anyone is wearing as sexy.

It could be some dude in a trucker hat, plaid shirt a la Larry the Cable Guy.
It could be the hipster going to a MLS game wearing cargo shorts, big bushy beard with a long sleeve button down shirt and sandals
It could be the guy wearing a suit and tie.
Could be the woman in the mini & high heels, or yoga pants, or a hippie/gipsie sundress, goth girl, whatever...

Generally speaking, it'll be whatever you grew up around. Of course that's not always the case, but generally speaking...

That said. I don't like sweatpants. That's not to say I dislike casual clothes, far from it. I just think sweatpants look stupid, but I grew up playing a lot of soccer and if it's cold/wet, sweatpants hold water and block no wind, so when they would be part of team gear, I really grew to hate them.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts

Well some people might get so "comfortable" in sweatpants that perhaps they might wear the same pair nonstop for a week. While the sweatpants may not be directly what is killing the romance, you could see how it might become the scapegoat if one partner can not be brave enough to just call the other person lazy.

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
I've told my wife that the sexiest thing she can wear is a smile.

If comfy clothes make you happier, then wear them. If anything that makes occasionally showing up in sexy lingerie even more effective because of the change / surprise.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
I don't understand this at all. Just pull the sweatpants off and have sex.:scratchhead:
The point of the scene (hilarious movie, btw) is that the sweatpants are her 'signal' that she's closed for business.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Well I actually own some sweatpants. I wear them to sleep in when I'm camping in the spring and fall, when temperatures might dip below freezing. I wear them over my (tight Lycra like) swimsuit, while traveling to the pool. In my defense I own more suits than sweatpants, and I work in construction. I am comfortable in my suits because they are good suits that fit properly. Most men who are uncomfortable in suits are wearing a shirt that is too small in the collar.

In general Sweats are like flip flop shoes "they have no place in polite society". Yoga pants are in the same category. Mrs nail has been known to wear then when shopping and I'll say this much, I watch her more than if she was wearing sweats. As for the sex proof outfit, sweat pants have nothing on the plaid flannel long nightgown.

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
Oh, that's weird. "Closed for business" to me, would mean she is on her period, or has stomach flu.
Of, if it were only so that sickness or a monthly visit were the only reasons a woman was "closed for business." Business hours for many are far more limited!

Again, to me, wearing sweatpants has nothing to do with amount of sexual desire. Very weird concept to me.
Weird as it may be to you, for many women, manner of dress is linked to openness to sex. For the many who equate sweatpants with not being up for it, well, lets just say that for their husbands seeing sweatpants day in and day out gets tough after a while. :banghead:

If intentional ease of extraction was a driving factor in selecting sweatpants, those husbands would have a very different reaction to seeing them:grin2:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.