Talk About Marriage banner

1961 - 1980 of 1981 Posts

·
Registered
14,300 Posts
On lighter note, I think california is possibly the origin for stupid gym videos.😁

I'm apparently stupid too for not being able to load the video I took today!😳

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I am getting my first covid vaccine today! I sure hope there start to be reports of how people are doing on it soon. I guess the earliest that could happen is still 2-3 weeks from now because you have to get a second one.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I am getting my first covid vaccine today! I sure hope there start to be reports of how people are doing on it soon. I guess the earliest that could happen is still 2-3 weeks from now because you have to get a second one.
356FCF50-D657-4815-9D84-4FF0F328CC15.jpeg
356FCF50-D657-4815-9D84-4FF0F328CC15.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
So when you get the vaccine, they give you a piece of paper and you can download an app to report any side effects on and see what others are saying

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
If feasible, could you provide feedback on any side effects/issues?

In the next 2 weeks I have to take the vaccine (mandatory because I contracted it before). Not to happy about this. I would like some empirical data, but very little is available.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I will let you know. They say that you can have flu-like symptoms and that they should only last a few days. Of course they say you can have pain at the injection site. The injection stung a little but I haven't had pain there since then and hope I don't. Once I dig that paperwork out they gave me if you want me to I'll post the app that is for reporting side effects. now I got the moderna vaccine so I imagine there's separate setup for the two different vaccines. I thought if you already contracted the virus that your body would already have the antibodies made for it, so I'm curious about that. Have you taken the antibody test to see if you already have antibodies for it?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I will let you know. They say that you can have flu-like symptoms and that they should only last a few days. Of course they say you can have pain at the injection site. The injection stung a little but I haven't had pain there since then and hope I don't. Once I dig that paperwork out they gave me if you want me to I'll post the app that is for reporting side effects. now I got the moderna vaccine so I imagine there's separate setup for the two different vaccines. I thought if you already contracted the virus that your body would already have the antibodies made for it, so I'm curious about that. Have you taken the antibody test to see if you already have antibodies for it?
I have not taken an antibody test yet. My work has said a (mandatory) injection is required. I had covid once, but negative now. They (my work) is taking no chances.

Still weary about the side effects.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I have not taken an antibody test yet. My work has said a (mandatory) injection is required. I had covid once, but negative now. They (my work) is taking no chances.

Still weary about the side effects.
Well, you just have to realize that only a limited amount of people get side effects on any given drug. I am one of those people who rarely ever gets side effects. If I do, it's usually diarrhea! And I get that from just breathing, apparently.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I'm glad you were able to get your vaccine! It's funny to me how every state seems to be distributing slightly differently. We are still only on healthcare workers, military and first responders here but in a week or two they are going to open it to more populations. I think it was other essential workers? I'm not sure. All I know is that I am in the very last category and not projected to get mine until late spring I believe.

They have primarily using the Pfizer vaccine here it seems and I have quite a few friends who have already gotten theirs (including second dose). Only side effects I've seen from that group are mild flu-like symptoms for a day or so. But I think that's common with a lot of vaccines right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I'm glad you were able to get your vaccine! It's funny to me how every state seems to be distributing slightly differently. We are still only on healthcare workers, military and first responders here but in a week or two they are going to open it to more populations. I think it was other essential workers? I'm not sure. All I know is that I am in the very last category and not projected to get mine until late spring I believe.

They have primarily using the Pfizer vaccine here it seems and I have quite a few friends who have already gotten theirs (including second dose). Only side effects I've seen from that group are mild flu-like symptoms for a day or so. But I think that's common with a lot of vaccines right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I'd rather have had the Pfizer, just a more well known name, but I took whatever I could get first.

·
Premium Member
27,811 Posts
I'm impressed. Our Governor has been a real disappointment. Out of the 2.4 million doses delivered to CA, only 33% have been administered to healthcare workers. He's had months to get plans in order and he failed. He blames computer glitches, shortage of personnel and didn't know how long it would take to administer a dose (?). All predictable.

It will be months before my age group will be able to be vaccinated with the way it is going. Meanwhile my county's mortuaries are filling up. In fact, mortuaries throughout Southern California are scrambling to keep up with demand. Where a mortuary might pick up 6 bodies in a day, they are now picking up 30. Refrigerated trucks are in demand.
My work place is a closed POD (point of distribution) for the vaccine. The HDOH (Hawai’i Department of Health) has already set up public PODs and are currently working through high risk groups and kupuna (older residents). Front line worker and first responders have already received at least their first vaccine and some their second dose.

So, the next shipment (late January) or the shipment after that (Mid-February), the state will be distributing out to closed PODs.

Side note (general public information not necessary to @Blondilocks ), your immunity is not dependent upon the levels of present IgGs, rather it is dependent upon the stability of T and B memory cells. Traditionally most run of the mill coronaviruses (of the types of viruses that leads to the common cold), once infected will provide at least seasonal immunity (longer than three months). We won’t know how long immunity for this vaccination last until the October data comes in for those enrolled in the phase three trials.

And, yes you will need to continue all the CDC protocols after you are vaccinated since we don’t know if the vaccine means you are not a carrier. Again, that data will come more into focus with time from those enrolled in the phase three trials.

·
Premium Member
27,811 Posts
Pfizer and Moderna vaccines use near identical technology. It was developed from some of the newer cancer drugs on the market. AstraZeneca uses the more traditional technology, attenuated virus

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
What about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine? Is it likely to produce the same kind of allergic reactions/anaphylaxis?

·
Premium Member
27,811 Posts
What about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine? Is it likely to produce the same kind of allergic reactions/anaphylaxis?
I don’t know anything about Johnson & Johnson. If I were to guess, it is probably the classic form or the attenuated virus. Any vaccine that does not contain PEG, is not likely to cause an allergic reaction. My hope is that folks are given the option and informed of the various vaccines.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I don’t know anything about Johnson & Johnson. If I were to guess, it is probably the classic form or the attenuated virus. Any vaccine that does not contain PEG, is not likely to cause an allergic reaction. My hope is that folks are given the option and informed of the various vaccines.
Given the type of is, do you think it will have PEG in it?

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
If feasible, could you provide feedback on any side effects/issues?

In the next 2 weeks I have to take the vaccine (mandatory because I contracted it before). Not to happy about this. I would like some empirical data, but very little is available.
I was just unblinded today and I'm in/was in the placebo group.

For being part of the Pfizer Phase III study I get the real stuff on Monday.

1961 - 1980 of 1981 Posts