Talk About Marriage banner

41 - 60 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
No, I don't have too many hobbies. I would be definitely interested in hiking for example. I also like reading books when I am home.
So -- have you tried meetup.com? It's NOT a dating site. Just a place where various groups post meets -- find something you are interested in, and GO. This way you can expand your circle of friends (which I know is VERY hard to do...)

·
Premium Member
7,478 Posts
I am trying to have compassionate thoughts of my Army dentists from 35 years ago but am struggling a little to find it through the current dental woes of teeth that had been excavated with a steam shovel when filled and current stress fractures galore.

Am receiving root canals and more crowns than three generations of royal family.

I actually had a bruise on my chest from a dentist's elbow when they took a single wisdom tooth back in 1983... we feared the dentists more than the Russians.

Hoping this Wednesday will end 2 1/2 weeks of discomfort... impermanence reinforced.
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope this is resolved quickly for you. I'm also glad that you now have a loving, supportive wife with you through this. That has got to be a lot better than doing this previously.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow. Monday's woes are always worsened when rain is in the forecast, and here lately, it's almost been non-stop. A few days of sunshine here and there, but that's it.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Hi! New digs, exciting, I know.

Home is where your furniture is. Glad to be back with our furniture after a week in our new forever home (exciting) with just a mattress on the floor (getting too old for **** like that) and a dining set (there’s a story too, not now). Bonus points, it was apparently the coldest week in years.

Got a good nibble on the condo and a second down payment for the commercial property is due at the end of the week. We may finally be moving on.
Congrats on the move!

What’s the dining set story?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm feeling sleepier than normal because of the constant rainy weather as the few days of sunshine that I mentioned we were getting just aren't enough. Today wasn't too bad, but it's still forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday before it clears out starting Thursday with clear skies and sun for V-Day. I don't celebrate it, but I think I'll just grab a good meal and kick back, relax and watch a horror flick.

·
Premium Member
3,830 Posts
@tropicalbeachiwish your user name has me wishing. What with the -25 below in the forecast tonight. Now it's a balmy -10 below. I'm forcing myself to get up from under my warm cocoon of covers to go work out. Then I'll be too hot. Ha!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
@tropicalbeachiwish your user name has me wishing. What with the -25 below in the forecast tonight. Now it's a balmy -10 below. I'm forcing myself to get up from under my warm cocoon of covers to go work out. Then I'll be too hot. Ha!

-25???? :surprise:

This winter has been mild so far. We did get some snow yesterday and it was freezing rain/sleet this morning. We only have just about 4-5 more weeks before the weather starts to turn towards spring. Spring & fall are my favorite seasons. I don't mind winter, but I don't like how the trees & grass all turn gray and naked. :smile2:

But yes, a nice beach with mesmerizing blue waters sounds awesome right about now. I love to walk along the waters and hunt for shells. I could do that for hours.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I've never traveled on my own, but I'd very much like to.
Any places in particular you want to see? I've driven coast-to-coast alone (with two cats riding shotgun) twice. LOVED it!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Any places in particular you want to see? I've driven coast-to-coast alone (with two cats riding shotgun) twice. LOVED it!
I just want to get on a plane to a beach, check-in, lay around and not do a damn thing for 1 straight week but listen to the ocean and feel some sun.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I just want to get on a plane to a beach, check-in, lay around and not do a damn thing for 1 straight week but listen to the ocean and feel some sun.
Sounds like a Caribbean vacation may be just the thing you need!

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
You are a brave soul!
Actually, I don't think I was particularly brave. But I had everything very organized before I hit the road. La Quinta Inns are THE BOMB because pets are welcome. I generally stopped to get gas around 3 p.m., and would contact a La Quinta to book a room. Arrival no later than 6 p.m. If I went out after dark, I was within very close walking distance of a restaurant. I always scoped out the area and only went to well lighted places.

Denny's or Waffle Shop often abutted the hotel parking lot. Decent food at an affordable price.

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
Actually, I don't think I was particularly brave. But I had everything very organized before I hit the road. La Quinta Inns are THE BOMB because pets are welcome. I generally stopped to get gas around 3 p.m., and would contact a La Quinta to book a room. Arrival no later than 6 p.m. If I went out after dark, I was within very close walking distance of a restaurant. I always scoped out the area and only went to well lighted places.

Denny's or Waffle Shop often abutted the hotel parking lot. Decent food at an affordable price.
I was actually referring to driving long distances with the cats. My Siamese cats would go absolutely bonkers when riding in a car (crated, of course). And, it wasn't just my driving.:grin2:

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
I’m in Ireland right now, I was at a wedding yesterday. The Grooms father put on a free bar all day. 🍺🥃
The after wedding party is starting shortly and it coincides with the Ireland/England rugby match.
The brides father is putting on a free bar today. 😋🥳
I love Ireland 🇨🇮.

41 - 60 of 401 Posts