Talk About Marriage banner

561 - 580 of 662 Posts

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Such sweet noises. 🤗
"Sweet noises"

First time I heard this noise, I was alone hiking in BFE Arkansas. Middle of the night, in a 3 walled shelter on the Ouachita Trail. First I heard all the footsteps outside the shelter. They circled behind it, and around the front based on what I was hearing. Then I heard this sound like a damn banshee piercing the silent night.

Scared the 💩 out of me. No idea what I was hearing other than lots of rustling through the leaves and then what sounded like thr cries of some demonic woman screaming in agony. All alone in the middle of nowhere. I grabbed my little 4" fixed blade and laid there in absolute terror for several hours. Sweet noises indeed. 😄

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I had a family of raccoons that lived within close proximity of my home once that I didn't notice until it was too late. I stepped outside to head to work one morning until I felt this sudden, sharp sting on the back of my head. And another. Then another. As soon as I turned to see what was going on, I saw about half a dozen of them sitting on the fence line looking at me menacingly.

They were armed with pinecones. And rocks. Sunshades. And lil' face masks. One signaled the other and then the attack began! I was getting hit absolutely everywhere until one scored a direct hit to the forehead and I blacked out. I woke up in a hospital bed a few hours later. Ah, I used to think they were cute too :) and don't take some of the things I may say here seriously. I've got to entertain what's left of my mind. :p

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Is this true? 😐

They were armed with pinecones. And rocks. Sunshades. And lil' face masks. One signaled the other and then the attack began! I was getting hit absolutely everywhere until one scored a direct hit to the forehead and I blacked out. I woke up in a hospital bed a few hours later. Ah, I used to think they were cute too :) and don't take some of the things I may say here seriously. I've got to entertain what's left of my mind. :p

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Was hopeful my STBXW wouldn't use the kids as ammunition. Was hopeful she was a better person than that. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

*****es be crazy

·
Premium Member
13,187 Posts
"Sweet noises"

First time I heard this noise, I was alone hiking in BFE Arkansas. Middle of the night, in a 3 walled shelter on the Ouachita Trail. First I heard all the footsteps outside the shelter. They circled behind it, and around the front based on what I was hearing. Then I heard this sound like a damn banshee piercing the silent night.

Scared the 💩 out of me. No idea what I was hearing other than lots of rustling through the leaves and then what sounded like thr cries of some demonic woman screaming in agony. All alone in the middle of nowhere. I grabbed my little 4" fixed blade and laid there in absolute terror for several hours. Sweet noises indeed. 😄
Lol WTF whao

You aren't kidding about demonic woman screaming in agony!

When did you find out it was just a cute fox?

·
Premium Member
848 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,456 Posts
RE: Foxes

When I was living in Rocky Mountain Foothills, after my divorce, we had a church across the street from us with a HUGE parking lot. Next to it was an undeveloped field, and behind it (and the parking lot) was a small forest. So one night the kids and I are all dead asleep and we hear this SCREAMING. Both kids ran to my room, jumped in my bed and were like "Mom, WHAT is going on out there?"... scared to death. Well, what's a single mom to do. I looked out the window, and there, under the light of the church's front door, was a little baby kit screaming it's brains out. I told the kids it was a baby fox, they peeked out from under the blankies to see for themselves, and sure enough...within not-too-long-a-time along came mama fox. The was long and lean and much biggie than the cute "baby". My guess is that baby got separated, got scared, and sat down to cry.

RE: Racoons

Same place--Rocky Mountain Foothills, and we had nice trees around our property. I always liked our place, it was kind of near the city but still felt like country...and in the country there were kritters. Now we knew we had racoons cuz they would tip over the garbage, and we had to put weights on the lids, and just you see them now and then, etc. Anyway, one day our male orange tabby cat (his name was Mick and he seriously thought he was a tiger), was sleeping on the back of the couch like cats do, and he glances out the window and just FLIPS out! He starts yowling and growling and hissing and puffing...and we were wondering what in the world was his problem? Naturally the kids opened the door to see what Mick was hissing at, and he bolted out of there like a bat outta hell. THEN came the war! There were noises like I had NEVER heard before with yowling and howling and screaming. It was a mama racoon and her babies were all lined up in the tree!! She was as big as any dog I'd ever seen, and the babies were like all in row with their little masks on but since it was dark out, all you'd see is a bit of their face and then their eyes would glow...so like 6 little pair of glowing eyes and the sounds of WW3 screaming banshees. In the end, Mick drove her off and she got a piece of his ear... a badge of courage that he wore proudly all of his days.

561 - 580 of 662 Posts