Talk About Marriage banner

381 - 400 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Well, I've been unwell... we both got tested. The other night I awoke with more coughing and started thinking to the coffee scenario, the couple of times I've been to the store etc. Then got the negative result (we both did). So it's some other bug I'm trying to shake. So, good news in that sense..! And Batman has secured some work. Feeling thankful.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Looks like I managed to annoy somebody job wise that called in on me because I told her exactly how it was and lo and behold she didn't like it. Not only did she say that I was rude but she also had the audacity to tell them that I had gotten into it with her husband? Really? I've only dealt with her about half a dozen times over the course of a year (if that) and I've been in and out and just made small talk with her when possible. And I've been nice. But blowing something out of context is one thing but to lie about it? Sheesh.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
It seems there is just one asshole after another lately.
I don't want to make assumptions ... Are you referring to TAM specifically or the world in general. (I happen to view TAM as a microcosm of our world in general. JMO.)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lately, I am so down. I don't even go out anymore. My friends have been calling me, and I just ignore the phone. Tomorrow is such a busy day. I am meant to have two meetings and then meet up with my mates to go camping. I didn't sleep at all last night so how am I supposed to function? I feel like there's a cancer in my heart as there is a constant pressure here. I think this is depression. Maybe it's severe boredom.

I've tried to have some hobbies. I am making a phone app, studying new languages, fermented some wine, did some wood carving, watched countless movies, and tried other things. But my heart is just not in it; I am doing everything poorly. Really, I feel like I'm somehow dying. My lips are cold lately.

Maybe camping will lift my spirits. I have no idea.

·
Premium Member
24,164 Posts
The official start of Hurricane season is eight days from today. It is expected to be an average or Below-average season, due in part to the effects of La Nina.

·
Registered
13,586 Posts
It sold? What about the city condo?
It’s not sold. We do have an offer, it’s with the lawyers. Regardless of selling this place we are moving to AZ in a couple of weeks.

The condo is also not sold. People aren’t viewing occupied places. Empty places are selling. We may be a bit late on that trend, but if we have to have empty why not be the one we want to get away from.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
My grandfather just went Silent Key about an hour ago.

He was probably the most knowledgeable person I have ever met when it comes to radios. His father, my great grandfather, grew up with a man named Arthur Collins in a town called ceder rapids, Iowa.

My grandfather was a guru in all things radio. Some of the things he innovated are still used in wireless communications to this day.

He is the biggest reason I ended up getting a ham radio license(extra) and ended up working in signals intelligence.

Now it's time to figure things out, and get my house set up so that my grandmother can live here. And figure out how to get her enrolled in DEERS as a dependent.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
My grandfather just went Silent Key about an hour ago.

He was probably the most knowledgeable person I have ever met when it comes to radios. His father, my great grandfather, grew up with a man named Arthur Collins in a town called ceder rapids, Iowa.

My grandfather was a guru in all things radio. Some of the things he innovated are still used in wireless communications to this day.

He is the biggest reason I ended up getting a ham radio license(extra) and ended up working in signals intelligence.

Now it's time to figure things out, and get my house set up so that my grandmother can live here. And figure out how to get her enrolled in DEERS as a dependent.
You have my condolences.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
@As'laDain Wow. What a wonderful legacy! You are very fortunate to have had him, but know this will be a deep loss. Sounds like your grandmother is blessed. Sorry for your pain.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've been feeling much more reflective as of late with everything but that's to be expected given what's currently going on. I just have too many questions and no answers at this point. And it's tiresome.

381 - 400 of 412 Posts