·
Administrator
43,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Administrator
43,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I randomly found this site about estrangment, and I really liked the psychotherapist's podcasts, so I thought it might help someone else:

The Reconnection Club
That does look like a good resource. It's something that a lot of people would probably benefit from.

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
What on my mind?

Reading the Hopes, Dreams and Goals thread.

I am 56 years old. I feel like I have met my hopes, dreams and goals.

I am wondering what to do for the next 30 years or so that I hope to be alive.

·
Premium Member
5,545 Posts
Her podcasts are only 8 to 10 minutes long, so I listened to most of them this afternoon, and I really appreciated what she had to say.

They helped me to see my relationships with my children in a different, better way.

That does look like a good resource. It's something that a lot of people would probably benefit from.

·
Administrator
43,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What on my mind?

Reading the Hopes, Dreams and Goals thread.

I am 56 years old. I feel like I have met my hopes, dreams and goals.

I am wondering what to do for the next 30 years or so that I hope to be alive.
Well, clearly you need new hopes, dreams and goals. Maybe look outside of your own needs to those who need help. What skills/talents do you have that could help others?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I'm hearing the new Picard series is good. I'm waiting for the whole season to be out so we can binge it. I'm a Trekkie pretty much since birth, but I hated Discovery, so I'm cautiously optimistic about Picard.
Discovery sucked butt. Picard is really good. So nice to see some of the old gang again.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm going to have to have a talking to with a friend. She turned me on to Little Debbie Nutty Buddy bars and the darn things are addictive. She should have warned me, darn her!
I have a Little Debbie distributorship and there are FAR more addictive things than Nutty Bars.

·
Registered
615 Posts
My grandfather was obsessed with Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies. He called them zoo-zoos. I never found out why.
Oatmeal pies have been around since 1934 and started off as two hard cookies with the crème before they were reformulated in 1960 when the company was actually founded. The founder named them after his then 6 year old granddaughter and it's stuck ever since. They were five cents back then for a dozen.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Oh man, "Lil Deb's" are THE BOMB. In my mid-20's days, I lived in a coed house - men upstairs, women downstairs. We smoked a lot of pot. And Deb's were always around to satisfy a munchies attack. We'd sit around staring at the TV (pre-cable) and watch whatever we tuned into, while munching down on our favorite snacks. Along with copious amounts of pre-sweetened, lemon flavored ice tea. Or as one of my roommates called it, "mean ice tea."

My cousin told me he once went to a party where the host laid out a Little Debbie buffet!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm not at all trying to hijack Ele's thread, but even though it's what I do for a living, I don't eat all that much of it. The most I'll eat is a Peanut Butter Crème or Chocolate Chip Crème Pie every now and then, but that's it. I do, however after having a route with them for gosh, 15 years now think that they're missing the boat on a lot of things. There's more room for expansion for other sweets, and I've got a number of ideas.

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
I'm not at all trying to hijack Ele's thread, but even though it's what I do for a living, I don't eat all that much of it. The most I'll eat is a Peanut Butter Crème or Chocolate Chip Crème Pie every now and then, but that's it. I do, however after having a route with them for gosh, 15 years now think that they're missing the boat on a lot of things. There's more room for expansion for other sweets, and I've got a number of ideas.
FTR, it isn't possible to hijack this thread.:smile2:

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I have a Little Debbie distributorship and there are FAR more addictive things than Nutty Bars.
I think it the ability to take apart each wafers getting to the peanut butter but without braking the wafer.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
But of course they have to be fresh

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
My grandfather was obsessed with Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies. He called them zoo-zoos. I never found out why.
Uh-Oh:surprise:! It's not looking good for grandpa - zoo zoos are prison slang for snack cakes and such. Did he ever mention 'the big house'?>:)

j/k Lucy:x

eta: It should read 'is prison slang'.

1 - 20 of 422 Posts