Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
5701 - 5720 of 7799 Posts

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
We went to a place in Penn Station (hence the plate and 7 train place mat), I forgot to take pics of the Blue Points and fried oysters, but they were really good. The place bills it’s self as “The Oyster Bar of Penn Station”, that’s a stretch, it more like an ordinary bar that has a raw bar. None the less it was enjoyable.

I went with fish and chips, OK.

Mrs P had the monk fish special and like it.

OG, these plates would be perfect for you and OG

I love those plates! We went to the Railroad museum in Old Sacramento and my favorite display was all the old railroad china. I even bought the book.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I used the search feature of this site and 'ding dongs' didn't show up. 'sup with that' ?

I was going to make some home made ding dongs for your visit out here, but I ran out of time. I was reading this recipe, and said to my husband, "I want to make these ding dongs, but I'm not sure what size cookie cutter to use. What's the dimension of a ding dong?"

He googled it before I could stop him :D

Homemade Ding Dongs

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Sloppy Joes. At least it was on whole wheat buns with unsweetened applesauce! :p Kiddo has friend over - I figured it was easy 'kid' food. Carry on with your adult, gourmet offerings.

·
Registered
617 Posts
This is not a repost, it's a fav.
I can see why...yum!

Made pork tenderloin tonight, left it to rest on the counter and when I came back...........it was gone......the whole thing was gone!

Suspect # 1 is in the top half of the photo and suspect # 2 is in the bottom half of the photo :(

Which one looks guilty?! FYI Marshall, (the brown fluffy one) still has a bowl full of kibble, that would normally be gone by now hmmmm:rolleyes:

·
Banned
7,548 Posts
Looks good but could you please explain the lips and big teeth at the bottom center of the photo?
They are paper place mats. Stimorol gum, one has a woman with a blue mouth the other a guy with a blue mouth.

·
Banned
7,548 Posts
Really, can't we call it tripe?
Well you can call it tripe.

But that was what it was called. Beef Stomach with Black Beans.

I almost had the Jelly Fish starter.

It was at a place called Beijingya reviewed very well on Trip advisor. And recommended as 'real' Chinese/Asian food.

When I ordered the food the waitress was horrified, "That's not for people like you!"

Made me all the more determined to eat it!

Reactions: CharlieParker

·
Registered
13,979 Posts
Well you can call it tripe.

But that was what it was called. Beef Stomach with Black Beans.

I almost had the Jelly Fish starter.

It was at a place called Beijingya reviewed very well on Trip advisor. And recommended as 'real' Chinese/Asian food.

When I ordered the food the waitress was horrified, "That's not for people like you!"

Made me all the more determined to eat it!
Are you home or taking an extra day?

I once went to an authentic (they toured and did 10 nights in the States) Royal Chinese dinner, I do not like live sea cucumber.

·
Banned
7,548 Posts
Are you home or taking an extra day?

I once went to an authentic (they toured and did 10 nights in the States) Royal Chinese dinner, I do not like live sea cucumber.
No, stuck in an hotel near Gatwick. Couldn't get back to the Island cause of the storm.

·
Registered
562 Posts
So they closed my beloved Empress Pavilion. I learned if the women did not push the cart near you, do not be offended or consider it racist, consider it them doing you a favor.

Once I ordered something in New China Town, the waiter did a cartoonish double take. Several minutes later I was served something that ten bites into I decided it was, yep, pig intestines.

I do not recommend them.

If the waiter (and yes this really happened) says "No white person ever order that before" and leaves, call him back and cancel your order unless you enjoy sucking the toes of a chicken and the gelatinous fat that it entails.

5701 - 5720 of 7799 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.