Talk About Marriage banner

981 - 1000 of 1005 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #981
Ack. We had a fuzzy's Taco open up on my way home from work here a few years ago, but I could never go there again because my first experience was so bad. It was Grand opening so the whole place was filthy to begin with. And then a poor baby was choking and I had to watch its mother dig the food out of its throat which almost made me throw up. So I could never go in there again without feeling like throwing up.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
That is really funny, because as we agree on about 0% of things in life. I had fuzzy's cater my vow renewal ceremony!

It is so good, brisket tacos, with some nachos, man, I love me some fuzzys!

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
... she requested Chipotle. The one and only other time I ate there I got food poisoning...really bad food poisoning.
In the past year, I've had two people tell me that they got a nasty case of food poisoning from Chipotle. I've never eaten there. Considering what I've heard, I'll pass.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Tonight's fare will feature fresh salmon cakes, accompanied by sautéed spinach and oven roasted sweet potatoes. I'm adding a pinch of Old Bay to the cakes. Every single time I smell that seasoning, I immediately think of picking fresh steamed crabs. The one thing I truly miss about Maryland is the fantastic fresh seafood ... sigh.

Reactions: DownByTheRiver

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Salmon cakes sound delicious! I have a 1lb container of Old Bay that sits on the counter next to my stove for easy use.

Sending these to you virtually!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Remember when no one wanted to eat Brussels sprouts and now everyone is eating them roasted and they are everywhere?
I don't know if you saw my rants about how SPROUTS RULE!!! on here several years ago. A roasted sprout paired with a roasted sweet potato is sublime.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #989
I generally like cabbage okay, but I just can't stand the smell of brussel sprouts enough to get one near my mouth. To me nothing smells as bad as rotten cabbage like in the garbage and to me brussel sprouts smells just like that after it's cooked.

I wasn't on the last vegetable kale trend either. I tried but it's still just tastes like tough nothing to me.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #991
I'm still eating odds and ends and mostly sandwiches. Had a caramel apple muffin for breakfast and tuna fish sandwich for lunch and a TV dinner for dinner. I would cook but I don't know what I want so I think I'm going to do some more Italian takeout soon.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #994
Sounds good!

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
To me nothing smells as bad as rotten cabbage like in the garbage and to me brussel sprouts smells just like that after it's cooked.
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Just spitballin' here, but maybe an aversion to the cabbage family is similar to the aversion to cilantro. Apparently some people think cilantro smells and tastes like soap and can't tolerate it. Glad I don't have that issue since I enjoy cilantro in salsa and other Mexican dishes. Yeah, sprouts can be powerful little stink bombs, but I'll defend them to the death!😜

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I generally like cabbage okay, but I just can't stand the smell of brussel sprouts enough to get one near my mouth. To me nothing smells as bad as rotten cabbage like in the garbage and to me brussel sprouts smells just like that after it's cooked.

I wasn't on the last vegetable kale trend either. I tried but it's still just tastes like tough nothing to me.
I hated brussel sprouts for a long time until I started to cook them myself. When I was a kid the only way I knew them was boiled to death. They would come out of the freezer in a big frozen block, dropped in a pan and boiled on the stove until mushy. Tasted like rotten trash.

If you buy them fresh, cut them in half, toss in some olive oil, salt and pepper and roast them in the oven on 350 for 30 mins or so. They taste more like broccoli than the brussel sprouts from when I was a kid.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

981 - 1000 of 1005 Posts