Talk About Marriage banner

861 - 880 of 898 Posts

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
We’ve been here 2.5 months and just got our first pizza delivered. The indignity, it was Chicago style, even worse the thin crust, whilst being cut funny, was more than acceptable.(The “test” personal deep dish was meh at best.)
So does that equate to a thumbs-down and a potential move on the horizon?

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Homemade cream of chicken soup. That disgusting stuff that plops out of can is nothing more than a sodium bomb. And for me, the secret to a great cream-of-anything soup is adding 1/2 cup of heavy cream.

Reactions: DownByTheRiver

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #866
Oh, God, I just made guacamole and it was too hot! It was just a small serrano pepper, but I noticed it made me cough as soon as I cut into it, so next time I'll know better. Plus added some salsa and it was okay but it was hotter than I ordered too. It was okay on the breakfast burrito and the leftover burrito I made from the sirloin and mushrooms, but this has too much heat already. Yikes.

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
Made grilled salmon with a drizzle of teriyaki sauce and steamed broccoli for a co-worker and me for lunch.
Looks delicious... and how nice to make and share lunch with your colleague!
Do you take it in turns? Is it a random 'just because'? Or how did this come about?

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #872
I sauteed some bok choy with lemon olive oil and garlic, but I had a hard time eating it because it just seemed stringy or something.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Chicken and dumplings. Fried cabbage, pickled whole baby beets, watermelon salad.
My 3 year old grandson loves pickled beets. He thinks they are candy. :) I love them too! My favorite way to eat beets is roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper. It's amazing how sweet they get when roasted.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #876
That sounds good. I'm making beef stew tomorrow, the kind that uses a huge can of tomato juice. I'm going to add a little red wine and shallots on top of all the usual vegetable beef stew suspects.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #878
You get lots of nutrients that way. I'm using 64 Oz can of tomato juice and some is better than others and I don't expect this one to be the best one but it's all I could get from this store. I don't like to use the campbells for that but the old-fashioned large cans that are becoming harder to find. this is the stew my mom used to make growing up so you know how that goes. Sometimes you just get hungry for it. She never put wine or shallots in it because you just couldn't get that where we lived. Sometimes she would add cabbage to the normal potatoes and carrots and green beans and corn. I like lima beans in mine. Lots of celery. I didn't get very much beef but it should be okay.

Reactions: sunsetmist

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Looks delicious... and how nice to make and share lunch with your colleague!
Do you take it in turns? Is it a random 'just because'? Or how did this come about?
Hi @heartsbeating! I make random lunches to share "just because", I just text the night before so they don't bring lunch the next day. I made Mexican for our entire office last month, that was challenging! But well appreciated :)

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
Hi @heartsbeating! I make random lunches to share "just because", I just text the night before so they don't bring lunch the next day. I made Mexican for our entire office last month, that was challenging! But well appreciated :)
I bet that was appreciated. What a lovely thing to do!

Reactions: BrokenVows
861 - 880 of 898 Posts