Talk About Marriage banner

841 - 860 of 898 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #842
I've been too hurty to want to cook much. So I went to my favorite Italian place across town and brought home eggplant parm and Rigatoni with minced beef bolognese, soup and salad and garlic bread. So still eating on that, though first night I ate it, I got really upset stomach, but yesterday I didn't. Maybe it was the salad dressing. Hope it isn't the eggplant parm, my favorite, but I am driving clear across town to pick it up.

I don't know why I ordered a bunch of groceries for delivery because I really may not be able to cook them, but I was wanting lighter stuff, fruit salad and guacamole (not exactly light). Now if they don't have any soft bleu cheese, I'll have a bunch of vegs and no bleu cheese to make the salad with and then where will I be?

Reactions: minimalME

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #844
I have 2 pretty good Italian places nearby, but I will drive across town for their good eggplant parm and good garlic toast. But I do have a place real cheap and nearby for good lasagne and another for pizza and spaghetti and meat sauce.

Reactions: minimalME

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
When my husband was alive, it was chicken (almost!) every Sunday. He was the Weber-master. A whole bird cooked indirectly on the grill is a wonderful thing. I can't use a grill on my porch, so I'll be putting the bird in the oven to roast. I've got a bunch of small brussels sprouts, so I'll roast those as a side.

·
Registered
13,979 Posts
We’ve been here 2.5 months and just got our first pizza delivered. The indignity, it was Chicago style, even worse the thin crust, whilst being cut funny, was more than acceptable.(The “test” personal deep dish was meh at best.)

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Mexican hash

1 package chorizo (I like Johnsonville)
3-4 medium potatoes--chopped small
1 small onion--diced
1 can diced green chiles

Cook the chorizo, set aside and reserve the drippings. Saute the onions then add the potatoes and chiles. Season with coarse salt, garlic powder, paprika and cumin to taste. Cover and cook until potatoes are soft (check from time to time and add a little olive oil if necessary). Mix the chorizo back in and heat through.

I like mine with a little Pace and a sprinkle of cheddar.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Last night I made a pork tenderloin with garlic and herbs, with roasted carrots, and an apple, bacon & cornbread dressing. SO good!!!

I'm going camping in a couple weeks. That combined with some cooler temps here in the Northeast and cooking is on my mind. I've got to plan 2 of each meal for this trip and I think I have added about 27 meals to my list!! LOL

I've never been one to cook a whole lot from scratch at the campsite. I usually make up a batch of beef stew and chili, breastfast burritos, and get deli meats for sandwiches. My kids have always loved it and having a batch of frozen chili is great for keeping the cooler cold. But, this is an adult only trip...no kids to worry about so I want to try my hand at some campfire dutch oven cooking. Can't wait to give it a try!!!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
We visited the local renaissance festival yesterday. One of the only fall traditions we have that hasn't been cancelled this year for covid reasons! They sold tickets in advance (only) this year and had a cap of 25% capacity...the result was a festival that was almost like walking through a ghost town! Where it is usually Disney-world crowded. Was awesome and lacking all at the same time. A portion of the fun at the renn fest is always people watching (all of the outlandish costumes and characters that attend!) and the heckling of the crowd and performers.

But, the food was still there! So we were all happy. I got my requisite pickle-on-a-stick. The kids got their turkey legs. We also had (not pictured): pierogies, fried mac-n-cheese, kettle corn, cheesesteaks, german beer and wine, ice cream sundaes, and steak-on-a-stake. All shared between the group, but my 11yo son ate most of it and then had the nerve to complain he was still hungry on the way home!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
@kag123 - Is that the Renaissance Festival in Crownsville? That place used to be jammed pre-COVID. Did you know jousting is the official sport of MD? At least, it used to be ...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
@kag123 - Is that the Renaissance Festival in Crownsville? That place used to be jammed pre-COVID. Did you know jousting is the official sport of MD? At least, it used to be ...
This was one in PA, actually. The MD fest is closed this year - I cant believe it! The MD one is so much better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #857
Blue cheese, walnuts, white balsamic vinegar, honey, canola oil, very light s&p.
I used grapes, strawberries, pineapple, and a little watermelon today, but this salad is one you can purchase at Central market that they just use grapes in. You need a at least slightly creamy blue cheese, not hard blue cheese crumbles. This blue cheese I had to use today is so creamy that it blended right in but I just had to get what I could get. Normally I go to Central market and buy paladin blue cheese for it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #858
I used to make this really quick dinner with sirloin that was Milanese style, cut and probably pounded real thin. I only have one store where I could get that and I'm not going to it and they don't have curbside pickup, so I did a similar thing with sirloins strips, like stir fry strips.

it didn't look pretty enough because it's all the same color because it's basically steak and mushrooms so I didn't take a picture. But it's kind of pretty when you do it with the Milanese. So you brown the meat in butter after salt and peppering it. And you let it cook down so there's very little liquid left and then add a little onion and then some red wine.

Then you remove that and had a pad of butter and the mushrooms and don't salt those until it's all done or they won't cook. Get those brown and then add some garlic and then put it all back together. It's pretty good and it's really quick when you're just using melanese and you're just cooking for two people and basically got two of the thin steaks to a skillet. These strips took longer.

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
Mexican hash

1 package chorizo (I like Johnsonville)
3-4 medium potatoes--chopped small
1 small onion--diced
1 can diced green chiles

Cook the chorizo, set aside and reserve the drippings. Saute the onions then add the potatoes and chiles. Season with coarse salt, garlic powder, paprika and cumin to taste. Cover and cook until potatoes are soft (check from time to time and add a little olive oil if necessary). Mix the chorizo back in and heat through.

I like mine with a little Pace and a sprinkle of cheddar.
That sounds amaze-balls, Sir Fozzy!

841 - 860 of 898 Posts