Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies (and men too)

My husband and I had a heated conversation about cheating.

He admits to flirting but not cheating, I dont' know if he has but I have no proof anyways so I am not opening a can of worms.

He asked me what type of guy would it take for me to have a quick fling or affair with. I told him I would never do that but I have met some men who I think are very hot and I have fantasized about. I shouldn't have said that much I know.

He replied that if I met Ryan Reynolds or Ryan Gosling type he would forgive me since he couldn't compete with them. He says that I should forgive him if he met a Brookyln Decker type girl etc.

He also thinks that it's no big deal if a guy has an affair then the girl deserves a "mulligan" and can have a quick fling too since we know of a couple where he cheated on his wife. My husband says the guy overachieved and his wife should find a young lover to put him in his place. Although I admire his understanding, I don't think that is the answer since 2 wrongs don't make a right.

I guess my question is "What type of guy would it take (a super hot guy)" or "What kind of situation would it have to be, (vacation with girlfriends, etc.)" for you to have an affair on your husband?

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Uh, I think maybe you need to open this can of worms. He talks like a cheater.

I will never say never, but I can't think of a scenario that would make me cheat. I WOULD have sex with another guy if my husband gave his permission, and if I was getting paid like ten million dollars. :D

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
was his marriage vow, "I, (name), take you (name), to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part or until someone extremely hot comes along." ?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
isn't this the same husband who openly checks out and praises other women's breasts??

anyway...to answer the question,I have never and will never cheat. doesn't matter what the situation is there are ALWAYS other options.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He is not sexist. He is quite understanding. He blamed the guy for the affair not the woman. He isn't taking his side. My husband is in great shape, good looking and gets looked at by younger women, some in their early 20's and he is 41.

Yes he is a breast man! I can't change that, we have to learn to accept what we can't change. If I was a man I would be more attracted to DD boobs than B cups as well. I just wish he wouldn't make it so obvious.

·
Registered
854 Posts
He may be a "boob man", but as you said earlier, he doesn't have to make it so obvious..

My H had a weird concept as well.. he would flirt with less attractive, heavier women, "so they would feel good about themselves"....

He felt as if he was doing them a favor... Did he really consider himself that entitled to play with other peoples feelings like that? And he would do this , right in front of me,, or while at work, and then tell me about it.

But in our case, he was cheating as well... THAT , he didn't tell me about,, guess he felt he was doing ME a favor..

The "flirting" behavior is not appropriate,, period.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He never encouraged me at all, that is not what I meant. We have 2 kids and we both agree that a moment of indescrition doesn't mean we need to end our marriage. Cheating isn't right but I agree a one night stand can be forgiven not a long lasting affair!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Uh, I think maybe you need to open this can of worms. He talks like a cheater.

I will never say never, but I can't think of a scenario that would make me cheat. I WOULD have sex with another guy if my husband gave his permission, and if I was getting paid like ten million dollars. :D
*nightmare scenario*

Lets say 1 million, would you still do it?

My problem is... my gut feeling... even if everyone was on the same page... that it would (eventually) ruin the relationship. Its too easy to say 'no amount of money would make me to that', but I know better.

I hope we never get the chance to find out. :eek:

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
1 million? Nope.

I don't think my husband could handle it, though, in reality, so if I did get paid ten million to have sex with someone I would have to be doing it with the realization that my marriage would probably end because of it.

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
A ONS doesn't have to ruin the marriage, no, but it certainly looks as though your boundaries are pretty lax. It actually sounds as though it's all part of the master plan. To each their own, but that would not be OK with me. There is no 'just a one night stand' in my world.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
Yea. I'm not a prostitute so I wouldn't have sex with someone for money, especially since I'm married. What a foreign concept.

There are some things WAY more valuable than money.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
He never encouraged me at all, that is not what I meant. We have 2 kids and we both agree that a moment of indescrition doesn't mean we need to end our marriage. Cheating isn't right but I agree a one night stand can be forgiven not a long lasting affair!
Yea. Not in this marriage. You're either in 100% or you're out.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.