Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, I find I am very nostalgic. Connecting with friends I have not communicated with in years, reminiscing about an old girlfriend, reliving the early years of my marriage, visiting old locations that hold meaning , but all seems in vain as it does not fill the void I am trying to address.

It is like looking for meaning from past experiences , seeking validation that the right decisions were made , day dreaming what if scenarios , hoping that the past will inform the future.

Is this nostalgic soul searching part of normal life ....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lately, I find I am very nostalgic. Connecting with friends I have not communicated with in years, reminiscing about an old girlfriend, reliving the early years of my marriage, visiting old locations that hold meaning , but all seems in vain as it does not fill the void I am trying to address.

It is like looking for meaning from past experiences , seeking validation that the right decisions were made , day dreaming what if scenarios , hoping that the past will inform the future.

I don't think such thoughts are unusual. In my late 50's nostalgic thoughts more frequently enter my mind. It is a natural progression. As we have more of life behind us than before us, it is easy to look back with fondness, though such fondness may overlook the anxieties and insecurities that we felt in those "happier" times.

How old are you, if I may ask?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think such thoughts are unusual. In my late 50's nostalgic thoughts more frequently enter my mind. It is a natural progression. As we have more of life behind us than before us, it is easy to look back with fondness, though such fondness may overlook the anxieties and insecurities that we felt in those "happier" times.

How old are you, if I may ask?
Same as you, late 50s . There is one particular relationship that has always been to the forefront of my thoughts

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
I do have many fond memories of places and people, but the old saying 'You can never go home again' always applies. So, yes, touches of nostalgia, but those always remind me to look forward and make the most of what is yet to come.

Reactions: FINDING MY WAY

·
Premium Member
12,525 Posts

Same as you, late 50s . There is one particular relationship that has always been to the forefront of my thoughts
Did this relationship happen in your late 20's (say, 27-29 age range) ?

·
Premium Member
12,525 Posts
Reactions: FINDING MY WAY
1 - 11 of 11 Posts