Talk About Marriage banner

1781 - 1800 of 1822 Posts

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
OK, I'm sure I will take grief for this (yeah, i know I like Black Sabbath and Barry Manilow -- so sue me), but I just heard it on the radio and remembered how great the lyrics were on this song:

Just hearbreaking if you listen to the lyrics.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Solsbury Hill I am having trouble hearing the time. I like the song though. Actually I just heard it near the end everyone turns into cabbage and I was trying to tap my foot out to it. I have a lot better time hearing 3/4 or 6/8 I can pick out the “yo ho ho” pirate sound easy.

Generally I listen to metal and jazz and when playing lately I just mess with the harmony. Not a pro quality player at all :)

I like progressive music inspired by Peter Gabriel but modern metal like Dream Theater.
Thank you!!! :)
I agree about the timing - I have trouble even hearing it!
I think he must be a musical genius to actually compose a song with this timing!!! I'm thinking of getting the sheet music to it, to try and figure it out...

·
Registered
9,012 Posts
Thank you!!! :)
I agree about the timing - I have trouble even hearing it!
I think he must be a musical genius to actually compose a song with this timing!!! I'm thinking of getting the sheet music to it, to try and figure it out...
Thanks for thinking of me before :)
Admittedly, the reading/meaning of time signatures has been lost on me as I have forgotten much of the theory of theory. I roughly understand the concept, but with the piece I'm learning even, there's changes in time signature and I don't really know what I'm doing when reading them!

Reactions: LisaDiane

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Thanks for thinking of me before :)
Admittedly, the reading/meaning of time signatures has been lost on me as I have forgotten much of the theory of theory. I roughly understand the concept, but with the piece I'm learning even, there's changes in time signature and I don't really know what I'm doing when reading them!
Oh, I'm NO expert at it, believe me, but it can help with getting the "sound" of a song I'm learning, that I'm not very familiar with (especially classical pieces, which are my favorites).

1781 - 1800 of 1822 Posts