Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just need to vent here. I have been with my hubby 5 years, we got married in Jan. 5 weeks after we got married he got a job ( he is in film) that was an amazing opportunity, lots of $$ and it would elevate his carrer to the next level etc. It was supposed to be 6 months that he would be gone, well it turned into 8 due to production delays. When he came home he was acting strange- distant, and when we had sex he was so like not there.. we sat down to talk a few weeks ago and he drops an "i Feel like im not in love with you anymore" WTF!!! We just got married- and he (we) were sooo happy, have a great life etc. So he says this crap then says he does NOT want a divorce..
I told him that the distance and time that we were apart did not do us any favors in our relationship, but now he was home and that we just needed to spend time together-start dating again..But he is not trying to be happy. He is dwelling on little things saying he feels we do not work as a team, and that me not sending him the bills fast enough damaged his credit ( we just checked and its actually better?) We have not had sex in a month.. and he says his desire is totally gone. I think he has depression, and he is going to see a dr next week. Some days he is almost normal, and like today he was cold and distant and calling me by my first name instead of "baby" or "hunny".
IM so confused..:( You just dont turn off a 5 year relationship a few months after you get married!!! He still wants me to show him affection but he will not initiate any. I asked if there was another woman and he says no. And i believe him, and he says his sex drive is just not there- I asked if it was there when you look at other women and he says no, he says hes not even masturbating. I am going crazy with no sex. I dont know if I should try to initiate something... but im afraid of being rejected. Im looking into a councelor for us, but just wanted to vent and ask if anyone has or had a simmilar situation. I know this happens with millitary wives as well... Thanks for listening..

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I asked if there was another woman and he says no. And i believe him, and he says his sex drive is just not there- I asked if it was there when you look at other women and he says no, he says hes not even masturbating.
Just my opinion, but I would suggest you post this in the CFI forum ("Coping with Infidelity"). Listen to the pro's. They'll be able to give you the straight-up on what is likely happening in your marriage.

Me, personally? I'd be checking all his accounts as of yesterday - cell phone, email, twitter, FB, etc. Then I'd ask him, "So what's her name?" And I'm not trying to be funny when I say that.

Reactions: Maricha75

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
I agree with Prodigal... you are likely NOT going to like what you hear about your situation, but....

USUALLY, "I'm not in love with you anymore" is code for "I met someone else.He's cold and distant, finding fault with every little thing...these are often signs that he has been cheating. Why were you unable to go with him? Especially when you were newly married?

Again, I agree with all that Prodigal said...check accounts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.