Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after some balloons, card exchange and a nice hug, I asked why did he work 8 hours on Mon, Tue and Wed but 10 hours Val day? I was expecting him home earlier. He says he just got busy, but he is home now, its still early so not really a problem. He then asks if I would like to go out? I say yes, (thinking...geez louise, its Valentines day!) I would really enjoy that. He says OK then lets go ... I should show enthusiasm but if I ask him to personalise his interest he says if he wasnt enthusiastic he wouldn't have asked. He then mentions that he felt guilty about refusing to go out last time when I suggested it so he wants to make it up to me now. Huh?? ... a sidestep to avoid declaring his personal interest, topped off something that looks like caring but feels like something else ... but I really cant fault it!

Yes maybe I could have called him at work in the afternoon adn been told he was busy but would try to get out earlier "for me"... or maybe I should have sorted out an arrangement in the morning but then how could he know for sure if he could make it? How does he know how he will feel about going out later even? ... but again, he will always try to do it for me cos he's a good caring guy ... and that he is, when he isnt befuddling me with this stuff.

... and yes we ended up in an argument when I tried to make sense of it.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I don't understand. He gave you gifts and took you out for Valentine's day, and that was enough for an argument?

Why not just enjoy the night?

·
Registered
589 Posts
The guy worked a 10 hour day, but still remembered Valentine's Day, and got you a card and balloons. And you're upset that he didn't personalize the evening out. Wow, what did you do for him? Did you make him a nice dinner? Did you offer him a back massage? Did you tell him that you appreciate him and that he has a job and he works hard? Gotta say you sound pretty immature. Just be thankful he remembered Valentines Day.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
And women wonder why us guys want to put a gun to our own head on Valentine's day.

Reactions: StargateFan

·
Registered
589 Posts
It's a shame that just because retailers decided to commercialize the day that so many feel they are entitled to princess treatment.
I refuse to go out on Valentines Day, for me it's about showing my love - not expecting him to feel that he has a gun to his head in order to please me.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Argument shouldn't have happened cause you should have spent time trying to make sense of your behavior. What did you do for him?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't know what your past history is like, so I'm sorry if I'm missing something here. But the sad fact is that on a day like Valentine's day when many people are taking off of work early, sometimes someone else has to stay and make sure certain things are done. Your Husband still found time to take you to dinner and the other things you mentioned on top of working a 10 hour day. Maybe he's planning on surprising you some other day or maybe he wanted to get some "brownie points" from his boss and other coworkers by staying and finishing something.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK guys ... please go easy with me ... some of the comments are harsh and have hurt, you have made your point.

I do treat him special. He doesnt normally get me anything because he says he never knows what to get. That goes for birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries as well ...Ive accepted that. The baloons were a nice surprise and I was grateful for them.

Due to your input here, which I trust, I will reconsider my attitude to his actions and how the evening went.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.