Talk About Marriage banner
101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Banned
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
This is so funny. Like campfire legendary tales that all are getting mixed together.
That's because they're so hard to believe... that so many people decide to ruin perfectly good marriages because they can't control animalistic instincts is funny and sad at the same time.

And the circumstances, goings-on and goings-about are what make them so comically hard to believe.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Being in my business, I hear all sorts of "Tales from the Crypt". One of my favorites came from one of my CPA tax journals. Seems that a few IRS agents decided that they should appropriate a taxpayer's home. Apparently they built a case where they could take the house based on suspicion of malfeasance. (This is an apparent regularity in the US) The taxpayer, rightfully, did not appreciate having his home appropriated, and was suspicious of the agents' motivations. He approached his former neighbour across the street. Asked if he could set up motion activated cameras across from his former home. Wouldn't you know it? Agents were bringing their girlfriends to the house in the middle of the day. Part 2 of his plan involved hiring a PI to get names, addresses and marital details of each and every agent. Within a week, agents were freaking out being sued for divorce. The taxpayer, then got in touch with senior officials at the IRS. He made it clear that he was the one that was responsible for exposing the agents. Senior officials wanted to save face, and said that the agents in question would be fired, but they were not inclined to hand the house back to him. That is until he pulled out his last pictures. Their boss and several of them were seen accessing the home with girlfriends and prostitutes. He also told them that he was in contact with CBS News and CNN. One near jumped over the table, threatening with incarceration. He pulled out his cell and began sending pictures. One official apparently grabbed the phone and saw that one of their number had just been exposed to his wife. So, in the intervening days, the home was given back to the taxpayer, the home was cleaned and furniture was replaced. The agents were terminated for cause, and district supervisor did one thing the IRS never does, he apologized, and took steps to remedy any problems with the taxpayer's credit record. Several agents over the years attempted to revenge themselves, only to either be fired or disciplined.

·
Banned
2,626 Posts
Being in my business, I hear all sorts of "Tales from the Crypt". One of my favorites came from one of my CPA tax journals. Seems that a few IRS agents decided that they should appropriate a taxpayer's home. Apparently they built a case where they could take the house based on suspicion of malfeasance. (This is an apparent regularity in the US) The taxpayer, rightfully, did not appreciate having his home appropriated, and was suspicious of the agents' motivations. He approached his former neighbour across the street. Asked if he could set up motion activated cameras across from his former home. Wouldn't you know it? Agents were bringing their girlfriends to the house in the middle of the day. Part 2 of his plan involved hiring a PI to get names, addresses and marital details of each and every agent. Within a week, agents were freaking out being sued for divorce. The taxpayer, then got in touch with senior officials at the IRS. He made it clear that he was the one that was responsible for exposing the agents. Senior officials wanted to save face, and said that the agents in question would be fired, but they were not inclined to hand the house back to him. That is until he pulled out his last pictures. Their boss and several of them were seen accessing the home with girlfriends and prostitutes. He also told them that he was in contact with CBS News and CNN. One near jumped over the table, threatening with incarceration. He pulled out his cell and began sending pictures. One official apparently grabbed the phone and saw that one of their number had just been exposed to his wife. So, in the intervening days, the home was given back to the taxpayer, the home was cleaned and furniture was replaced. The agents were terminated for cause, and district supervisor did one thing the IRS never does, he apologized, and took steps to remedy any problems with the taxpayer's credit record. Several agents over the years attempted to revenge themselves, only to either be fired or disciplined.
Brutal, but the "taxpayer" has to have an iron clad shield to cover his own A. Life's not fair and those who collect taxes instead of being executed as is fair get's exulted and imbued with untold power.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Brutal, but the "taxpayer" has to have an iron clad shield to cover his own A. Life's not fair and those who collect taxes instead of being executed as is fair get's exulted and imbued with untold power.
I have seen abuses by now three goverments; Of the three, the worst is in the UK. Inland Revenue scares the living bejabbers out of me. The US and Canada will listen to reason without quoting sections directly out of their respective tax acts, UK wants it quoted back to them. Only had two incursions with those folks, (that and doing things at odd hours due to the time difference) and neither were anything pleasant nor productive. (I no longer accept multi-jurisdictional cases involving Britain)

Reactions: Dictum Veritas
101 - 104 of 104 Posts