Talk About Marriage banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
There was a notable case here that people reference quite a bit where the WW had an A while the BH was deployed or working away from home or something.

She got herpes or some other permanent STI from her AP and when the BH came home she told him she wasn’t in the mood and from there they went SEVENTEEN YEARS of no sex.

For the next 17 years She would say she wasn’t feeling it and he would accept it and let it go…..for 17 years.

Many here consider him a bit of a folk hero because one day he had had enough and tossed her out and went and found himself a little hottie that was laying him like tile.

But what makes it crazy to me is he went SEVENTEEN YEARS without asking questions or putting her feet to fire or addressing the fact they went almost two decades in a sexless marriage with no reason given.

Once he dropped the ax on her, then she broke down and confessed the affair and told him about the herpes.

But in the mean time they had wasted 17 years of their lives.

To me, that is the craziest case of them all.
Think you are talking about Cromer.

he was a good solid guy.
Ex had multiple affairs.

after the divorce, her life fell apart and his soared. He meta woman through church and is now living his happily ever after.

Cromer, if you read this, hope you are doing well and enjoying married life, your kids and grandkids

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Just ran into this thread and reading . . .

This in not the revered "Spaceghost0007" - his wife was getting porked by the owner of the business at which she worked.
SG had her divorce notice presented one day she was at work.

He initially found out something wrong when she didn't answer his call. He worked away from home periodically and one evening she didn't answer as usual. (On a hunch?) He found her a couple hundred miles away via the Apple "Find my Phone" or whatever it is called.

And for the love of Pete - I cannot understand the total lack of sense or foresight of her SHAVING and not thinking he would notice. In case you have never had or done so with someone - the short stubble is fairly unpleasant. Takes a couple weeks
to grow enough. Wife did it once and 'we both agreed' that wan't a good idea!

Dang straight, he launched and nuked both from orbit. They were both ostracized and fired from jobs. Total destruction and ghosting. Dang AP was a jockey and sent GF emails about how he had bought her a strap on to wear him out with. SG made copies of everything! Sent it to employers, families, business partners everything. It was beautiful man! He now trains horses in England I believe.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts

This in not the revered "Spaceghost0007" - his wife was getting porked by the owner of the business at which she worked.

He initially found out something wrong when she didn't answer his call. He worked away from home periodically and one evening she didn't answer as usual. (On a hunch?) He found her a couple hundred miles away via the Apple "Find my Phone" or whatever it is called.

And for the love of Pete - I cannot understand the total lack of sense or foresight of her SHAVING and not thinking he would notice. In case you have never had or done so with someone - the short stubble is fairly unpleasant. Takes a couple weeks
It was during the same time period, but this one was WranglerMan. He was a trainer for show horses and his woman sold tack,etc. The AP was a rider.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Most cheaters are not even capable of this kind of introspection. If they were they wouldn't be cheaters. It's all about them with zero consideration of collateral damage.
How many times do you see "I didn't think we'd get caught."
I find a lot of them do know the impact they will have if they get caught, and decide the risk is fine. Spouse, kids, dog, house, money, history all are less important than porking and getting high on a fantasy. They are out for themselves and just don’t give a damn.

My STBX said, “I knew I would get caught eventually, I knew it would kill you, but I just felt I deserved to be happy for once.” I don’t think he actually anticipated that he would miss the very people he threw away and then hate himself for doing it though, those are things he never saw coming. Internal consequences.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I remember reading a story after 9/11 -- the husband worked in one of the twin towers.
He took that morning to go to his side piece. When the attack happened, his frantic wife tried to get him a number of times. She finally got through and when she asked if he was ok and where he was, he told her he was at the office like normal. Except there WAS no office anymore.....
SO, his side piece maybe saved his life, but ruined the marriage.
I heard that story but figured it was an urban legend/created story.

·
Banned
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·

Yes, that's the one!

Out of the entire story, what caught my eye and ear was how madly in love both were and her reaction to being caught, realizing her world was about to collapse.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Most cheaters are not even capable of this kind of introspection. If they were they wouldn't be cheaters. It's all about them with zero consideration of collateral damage.
How many times do you see "I didn't think we'd get caught."
This is what they all say, but as a somewhat sane, faithful person, I cannot understand that someone cannot see it is POSSIBLE they will be caught. The only way I see that they cannot see that is because they are so arrogant and think they are so slick.
There's also, when you ask them, "how could you risk everything, our marriage, the kids, the house, your job, etc, for THAT?" They say, "it didn't seem like I was risking anything. I wasn't thinking about that. If I thought about that, I wouldn't have done it."

I guess as a former drug addict, been clean and sober for almost 20 years now, I can see the thinking, If I thought about everything I could lose, I wouldn't have done it. But then again, I might have because the sickness was so overpowering. But I'll tell you what, I never thought I wouldn't get caught. I did certain things I wasn't proud of (not cheating) and I ALWAYS thought I would get caught. I can't help but think that cheaters do think about what they could lose but chose to do it anyway because they WANT to do it and feel they probably won't get caught, but if they do, they have plan B. Crying, groveling, and pleading. I honestly feel they think that will work, without a doubt. My husband is seeing that's not working so well for him and he's in panic mode.

·
Banned
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
This is what they all say, but as a somewhat sane, faithful person, I cannot understand that someone cannot see it is POSSIBLE they will be caught. The only way I see that they cannot see that is because they are so arrogant and think they are so slick.
There's also, when you ask them, "how could you risk everything, our marriage, the kids, the house, your job, etc, for THAT?" They say, "it didn't seem like I was risking anything. I wasn't thinking about that. If I thought about that, I wouldn't have done it."

I guess as a former drug addict, been clean and sober for almost 20 years now, I can see the thinking, If I thought about everything I could lose, I wouldn't have done it. But then again, I might have because the sickness was so overpowering. But I'll tell you what, I never thought I wouldn't get caught. I did certain things I wasn't proud of (not cheating) and I ALWAYS thought I would get caught. I can't help but think that cheaters do think about what they could lose but chose to do it anyway because they WANT to do it and feel they probably won't get caught, but if they do, they have plan B. Crying, groveling, and pleading. I honestly feel they think that will work, without a doubt. My husband is seeing that's not working so well for him and he's in panic mode.
For them it's all about the impulse. They can't control it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Oh well -- I had heard it reported on a major news station (CBS radio) at the time, so I didn't realize it was fake!
Sorry!
You heard a report on CBS and didn't realize it was fake? Seriously? It's CBS! They lie all the time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A few years ago two Michigan politicians -- each of them was a married family values conservative Republican, ironically -- were having an affair. That's not by itself noteworthy. What made it newsworthy was that, when they perceived that they were about to be discovered and outed, they launched a cockamamie scheme under which the male adulterer publicly "confessed" to being a closeted gay man who was having a gay affair with a staffer (he paid a staffer to go along with the charade). He did this so the married female adulterer could escape being caught. It didn't work. They were both caught. Plus, by then, the male had lied under oath about the gay part.

To this day, like classic Republicans, they hold themselves out as being decent, moral humans, champions for God in the legislature and such.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
A few years ago two Michigan politicians -- each of them was a married family values conservative Republican, ironically -- were having an affair. That's not by itself noteworthy. What made it newsworthy was that, when they perceived that they were about to be discovered and outed, they launched a cockamamie scheme under which the male adulterer publicly "confessed" to being a closeted gay man who was having a gay affair with a staffer (he paid a staffer to go along with the charade). He did this so the married female adulterer could escape being caught. It didn't work. They were both caught. Plus, by then, the male had lied under oath about the gay part.

To this day, like classic Republicans, they hold themselves out as being decent, moral humans, champions for God in the legislature and such.
There are always those types mixed in with the crowd.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
No, spaceghost's wife's affair was with her millionaire boss. Spaceghost got revenge by getting down with his wife.
We were not discussing SG, but WranglerMan, that occurred during same time as SG thread, I was there every step of the way as they both played out. Someone who didn't know the inside track on the current discussion, confused the 2 and side tracked the Convo.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts