Talk About Marriage banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
One of the best stories on tam was a guy called Hantei who’s mother in law set his wife up with the son of a family friend.
That probably happens more than we'll ever know. It's not rare for friends and family to try to undermine marriages or even try to set people up if they don't particularly like the BH/BW.
My mother-in-law tried to do the same, when one of my wife's then recently divorced ex-boyfriend's started going to my mother-in-laws church with his mother. Since my mother-in-law doesn't like me, combined with her also thinking we're not really married, since we didn't tie the knot in a Catholic Church. Not forgetting my mother-in-law also resents me for our children not being raised as Catholics (although that's down to both my wife and I being atheists).

As it turned out my wife wasn't interested, which is probably why she told me about it. While also telling me he was now ugly because he was bald. Of which his starting down the path of balding (which turned her off), combined with being too eager to please her at his own expense, is why she dumped him way back when.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There was a married couple in my home town. Husband a successful surgeon in his early 40s, wife also a successful doctor in her mid 30s. Two young children, both from good families, you can say local elite. Some time ago she fell in love with her patient, 15 years older, divorced former geography teacher, now bisexual LGBT "activist". They were seeing each other on the side for a couple of months, before they decided to make it official. She took her car, half the money, filed for divorce and move in to newly bought apartment with her lover. To say that everyone was in shock would be an understatement. Her husband, family, friends tried to reason with her. But she didn't listen. All she would say is I love him, want to start a new chapter in her life, she wants divorce. Which she eventually got. Surprisingly husband got the house and the custody over kids, AP wasn't interested in playing stepdad so she waved them(sic!). Whole thing lasted over during which they spent all of her money on expensive clothes, gadgets and trips until she catched him exchanging nude pics and with other dude.
She desperately tried to go back to her ex husband but he was already seiing other women. When that failed she started court battle over the custody. But with no money, job at that time and shattered reputation all she got was some visitation rights.
According to my knowledge she now lives in another city paying of her credit cards debts.

Another story was told to me by my father in law.
Five years ago guy he works with suspected his then wife was having an affair. When confronted she not only denied whole thing but also called the police accusing him of domestic and sexual violence against her and their teenage daughter. She even convinced the daughter to give police false statement. Guy went straight to jail where he spent eight months until the girl told the judge what really happened. During those eight months he lost half of his teeth, most of hear in one ear and a testicle. We could only suspect what else happened to him in prison.

·
Banned
2,626 Posts
Another story was told to me by my father in law.
Five years ago guy he works with suspected his then wife was having an affair. When confronted she not only denied whole thing but also called the police accusing him of domestic and sexual violence against her and their teenage daughter. She even convinced the daughter to give police false statement. Guy went straight to jail where he spent eight months until the girl told the judge what really happened. During those eight months he lost half of his teeth, most of hear in one ear and a testicle. We could only suspect what else happened to him in prison.
Let me guess, nothing happened to that adulterous woman. right? If there were any justice, she should spend 8 months in jail, painfully loose half her teeth, have an ovary removed and suffer whatever-else happened to her ex husband in equal measure.

In such things, unbalanced scales just infuriates me.

·
Banned
2,626 Posts
Pretty much. Suspended sentencen and fine. Her ex tried to sue her for damages but don't if he got anything from her. His daughter wasn't punished at all.
And they call the law a justice system? There's only justice if your interests aligns with politics and corporate interest.

That why I walked out before finishing my law degree, I just couldn't be part of that farce and it's only gotten worse.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
there was a man who found out of his wife's 2 month affair with her boss. he liked her pubic hair trimmed. they were married for 20+ years. so i'm pretty sure she had it trimmed that whole time. her boss wanted her to shave. so what the hell does she do? she shaves! and here's the best part...she said that the sex wasn't good! it was later confirmed by her boss's wife that her husband was a selfish POS in bed. she tried to end her life after her husband divorced her and their kids hated her.
SpaceGoast

Just Found Out: Thought we had a good marriage (survivinginfidelity.com)

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Sounds like SpaceGhost007, he was a legend on SI. He took a strong stance on divorce and handled it like a pro.
I had to quit going over there, that place is like a war zone. The suffering you see from BS is horrendous. I got too deep empathy wise and it was affecting me and my family. My wife seriously resents my sister that cheated. That is what prompted me down that road on infidelity issues.

I told my wife, talking to BS and giving advice is like trying to get a soldier out of razor wire that is cutting them up, they are all tangled up and you are getting cut up also, trying to help them get untangled from the wire. They are crying out for your help but you are also being injured while trying to help.

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
That is a horrifically perfect infidelity story. Shows that anyone, literally anyone can be a cheater even with both partners agreeing they are in a perfect marriage. It is also a perfect example of a zero tolerance for infidelity. It would be interesting to know where he stands today.
Wow. Just wow.

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
The movie "Unfaithful", as painful as it is to watch, is a very honest representation of how even good, happy marriages are susceptible to cheating when one partner has no boundaries. I read Spaceghost's thread and I am literally crying.
It is so crazy. What both agreed was as perfect marriage as possible, with both partners knowing infidelity is a total deal breaker, one still chose to cheat. With a less appealing man no less, just because they liked the attention. Less than a year later the marriage no longer exists.

·
Banned
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
It is so crazy. What both agreed was as perfect marriage as possible, with both partners knowing infidelity is a total deal breaker, one still chose to cheat. With a less appealing man no less, just because they liked the attention. Less than a year later the marriage no longer exists.
I suspect SpaceGoast's issue was his wife's rampant case of hypergamy. Seems as though he didn't know the extent of her relationship with her boss, but I'm sure she had to have telegraphed something... Females always give you one or two hints just so that they can allege they informed you that something was going on, like gifts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not crazy but incredibly sad son caught his mother cheating on his father with his father best friend I mean red handed the kid saw something he really should not have.

I believe the kid was 15 husband divorces her and the kid did not wanna live with his mom after the divorce and the father was granted custody.

The father despite everything did try to help him recover his relationship with his mom but the kid did not speak to her for over 18 years.

·
Premium Member
20,448 Posts
@BlueWoman I remember one instance when it transpired there was no cheating. Can't recall the details, however.
Yes, those details were blue flagged, cold clad, hirsute free.

·
Banned
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
That is a horrifically perfect infidelity story. Shows that anyone, literally anyone can be a cheater even with both partners agreeing they are in a perfect marriage. It is also a perfect example of a zero tolerance for infidelity. It would be interesting to know where he stands today.
Dude, this story is insane... and underlines the fact that adultery can happen to anyone at any point.

Clear case of hypergamy.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Not crazy but incredibly sad son caught his mother cheating on his father with his father best friend I mean red handed the kid saw something he really should not have.

I believe the kid was 15 husband divorces her and the kid did not wanna live with his mom after the divorce and the father was granted custody.

The father despite everything did try to help him recover his relationship with his mom but the kid did not speak to her for over 18 years.
I remember one like it, the son never spoke to his mom again. She got on up in years and was about dead with cancer and son still refused to even see her in the hospital before she died.

Her instance of getting caught by mid teen son, was last time she ever spoke to him for the rest of her life. Welp lady, sometimes in life you don't get a redo.

These cheaters need to really ask themselves is the possible consequences worth the romp in the sack with some strange.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
These cheaters need to really ask themselves is the possible consequences worth the romp in the sack with some strange.
Most cheaters are not even capable of this kind of introspection. If they were they wouldn't be cheaters. It's all about them with zero consideration of collateral damage.
How many times do you see "I didn't think we'd get caught."

61 - 80 of 104 Posts