Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think of anything?

I will start
I would say maybe crying , I feel men would get mocked where as women would get caring about them.

·
Premium Member
11,980 Posts

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Make up your mind::grin2:

Re: What is something socially acceptable to do as a man not as a woman?
A great topic!

Be a "hugger" in the workplace.
:surprise: for some reason the first post was removed from my view, which I thought was strange, I thought I submitted.

But the in it's absence I thought well, maybe I didn't, I got a phone call during the writing.

Oh well. How frail the human mind! :smile2:

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
When out,I think it is more socially acceptable to see women going to the washroom together.
You mean, men can't hold hands and skip to the bathrooms together without "looks" ?

Oh, the tragedy! 0:) 0:)

(hand on forehead)

hehehe

Welcome to the real world. Except maybe certain cities in Ca.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Women: Being a hugger...especially the initiator. Invading space in general is more socially acceptable. Non-harassing touching. Making mistakes.

Man: Bodily noises, getting mad, not making mistakes...if you do men get mad.

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
I like the being demeaning to partner thing.

When we get together as couples, often the women will joke (tongue in cheek) about not wanting to have sex. Everyone has a chuckle.

But if one of the guys started saying how he didn't want to have sex with his wife, it wouldn't come across as funny.

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
I like the being demeaning to partner thing.

When we get together as couples, often the women will joke (tongue in cheek) about not wanting to have sex. Everyone has a chuckle.

But if one of the guys started saying how he didn't want to have sex with his wife, it wouldn't come across as funny.
Or just being critical in general. I think women have a lot more latitude openly criticizing their partners.

My husband is a hopeless cook
Wife pats his belly and says My husband is getting that middle age spread starting
No, not that brand of ketchup, don't you pay attention to what's in the fridge?

Things like that. Reverse the role and they are viewed very differently.

Expand that a bit more, and I think verbal and emotional abuse is generally overlooked and accepted.

Woman berates, belittles another woman...what a *****
Woman berates, belittles her husband...he probably deserved it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts