Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a married house wife (married for one year) with four children. One is school age 11, another is 5 not yet eligible for school in my county and a set of 3 month old B/G twins (one is colicky). My husband "usually" is the most understanding person on this earth except when it comes to our intimacy. First off I have a nice sex drive and an open mind regarding fun sex stuff like role playing and will engage in just about any sex he desires. We often argue about how much sex we have even though we have some type of sex at least every other day (minus period time) for 2-4 times. All I ask is that when I want to nap, eat, or watch a movie why do you crucify me if I postpone it a couple of hours. We have an all out fall out agruement and he complains that I should just listen to him as his wife because my body is not my own "sayeth the bible" I agree mostly about "all the give your body" stuff but I say when is a husband being unreasonable. Please advise.

·
Registered
553 Posts
You are doing a great job KNA2009. Two to four times a week is really ideal and more than many married couples have, even ones that don't have to work around youngsters in the house.

It's true what the Bible says about that, but it's also true that men are commanded to "Love their wives". I don't see what part of loving you he is doing when he is not encouraging you to take care of yourself by getting adequate rest and or "you time". You aren't rejecting him by asking for a couple of hours of downtime, you are showing excellent self-care practices and that is a healthy and wonderful thing you are doing for yourself.

Oh, and using the Bible to manipulate his own selfish desires is just tacky. If he's going to quote the Bible, tell him to read ALL of it, especially the parts that tell HIM how to be a good husband.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for respond to my thread. For what it may be worth, here is my thought on your situ.
I think you are more than entitled to have an opinion on when you have sex, it is a mutual act and should be an aggreeable process for both parties. (sorry that didnt sound very sexy did it)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think you are more than entitled to have an opinion on when you have sex, it is a mutual act and should be an aggreeable process for both parties
I agree with James. Does your husband help with the kids, or just sit back and have you do it all? If he doesn't help, let him take over for a couple of days and he'll probably understand why you need a nap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yes he used to help with the twins (the other two kinda fend for themselves) when they came home from the NICU (they were born couple of weeks early) had a c-section and he was home on paternity with me. He used to get up every 2hrs with me and change diapers while I made bottles or vice versa. Now that I'm all back to myself being the overdoit mom he comes home and relaxes and claims I should prop up the bottles for the feeding cuz he doesn't feel like it. He gets mad when I point this out like I'm saying he's a bad dad and that's not what I'm saying I just want him to be fair when he sees that I haven't been to bed for the night (it's daylight out) since our son is very colicky and screams his head off forever he doesn't say to himself hey you know I'll let you sleep for a while. He just says to me that he's aroused so I need to take care of him right away it'll only take ten mins when in reality I'm a darn zombie and ten mins is glory sleep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.