Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean your typical,daily routine.

I notice that there are lots of people on TAM from all around the globe. I have seen people from the :
USA ,Holland ,Switzerland , Eastern Europe , Tunisia , United Kingdom , New Zealand , Australia , Hawaii , India and generally all over.

We all live in different time zones.

So whether you're a SAHM , SAHD ,Career woman , Business man, Police Officer,Teacher ,Lawyer , Doctor , Retired or whatever,
What does a typical day in your life sound like?

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Well every Monday thru Friday I work what they call the "late morning shift"(11:30am until 8:30pm with an hour for lunch) at a medical lab, and so I get up every weekday about 9:00am and usually sit down with a cup of coffee and a danish or muffin and watch the morning news, and then get online for about an hour here and about 2-3 other sites I belong to before heading into work.

Then I get home about 9:00pm and heat up my food that's on the stove cause the wife has already eaten(she gets home at 6:00pm), and we sit down for a few hours to watch tv shows together and talk about our day and then I get back online after she goes to bed.

Other than that we do chores and run errands on the weekends and try and go out to eat every Saturday night, and we either catch a movie afterwards or maybe head to the malls before heading back home. And from September thru January I watch lots and lots and lots of football on Sundays!

*nothing to get too excited about though*

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
I'm on the West Coast of the US, so I'm GMT -7.

6AM - alarm goes off. Usually a little bedroom fun in the morning:D. We usually hit the shower together.

7ish - Wifey checks that the kids got going, checks lunches etc. I make breakfast. I'm the big breakfast fan in the house so I do that.

7:40 Wifey leaves with the younger two. She works at their school. I head out with the oldest and drop her at high school on the way to work.

Depending on traffic I get to work between 8:30 and 8:45.

I'm a design leader on a project with 6 engineers so I spend a lot of time in meetings. Some of it is formal meetings and a lot is imromptu meetings with subgroups to spearhead resolving all of the interfacing between the engineers. I do talk to Europe a bit (anybody above my boss is in France). When I do I often get my morning blown up because we'll start at 7 or 8 AM.

I head out for lunch anywhere from 11:30 to 1:30 depending on when I can break. Right now I'm an addict to a little BBQ shop. I love the outdoor seating because I can spend all day inside an interior conference room except for lunch time.

I tend to leave sometime between 5 & 6. Two of my kids are on a rec swim team, and I go swim laps 3 days a week and do a deep water aerobics the other two days while they are there. Between changing, swimming and showering I head out for home around 7:30.

My oldest is on an equestrian team and I often end up picking her up from practice on the way home.

Wifey usually has dinner ready about the time I get home. Maybe an hour or two of messing around on the internet and then it's bedtime.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
6am - alarm (press snooze for at least 40 mins)
6.45am - up, get ready
7.15am - get child up
8.25am - despite being up in plenty of time we leave the house in a panic and screech up to the school gates at 8.29am
8.35am - petrol station or supermarket to buy lunch/cigarettes
8.45am - 9am - get into work depending on traffic
9am - 5.30pm - work, very varied, always some crisis or another, deadline after deadline, lunchbreak? what the hell is that, I haven't had one in 8 years
5.30pm - leave work, stop off to buy dinner and a bottle
6.00pm - home, talk to D about her day, make dinner, feed cat, do housework, laundry, etc.
7.00pm - hit the schoolbooks with aid of wine
9.00pm - watch film or TV with D, usually on laptop at the same time catching up on the news, FB etc. or reading a book so I have to constantly ask what's going on. I also have about 20 games of words with friends on the go at any one time :eek:
Midnight - 1am - bed
2am ish - fall asleep

rinse, repeat

·
Banned
0 Posts
I didn't have much of a routine these last two years.
7:00 : Her alarms goes off, it wakes me up.
7:45 : She's out of the house to work. I try to go back to sleep, or sometimes I just lay on the bed listening to some music.
8:00/8:30 : I finally get up and go see what the shower booked as a surprise for me today. Sometimes it's too hot, sometimes it's too cold.
9:00 : I eat something. Really not a breakfast guy. Sometimes an apple, sometimes just coffee and cigarettes. And I get to work. What's annoying is that sometimes you can't get yourself to "design". You can't be motivated when you're creating a website for a canned tomatoes factory.

The whole afternoon depends on whether I have a lot of projects or if I don't. Usually, I have because I take small freelance projects from friendly comm' agencies. So I'd be still on my desktop hating the sh** out of my computer. Then I go to pick her up around 17:00.

The evening, I go for a walk with my dog. Or more accurately me carrying my dog around. See some friends for a couple of beers or plan something with her. Then watch a movie or an episode on bed until I sleep.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
i usually get up around 5:30-5:50am.
i promptly roll off my bed and snuggle on the floor with my dogs...they're so cute when they're all snuggly and sleepy in the morning

i get up and take a shower and start my get ready for work routine.

I'm usually out of the house by 6:40-6:50 and i'm at work by 8am.

The engineering firm where i work is small and very relaxed.I won't be on TAM much if I have a ton of projects but it has been really slow lately so I have a lot of free time.

I leave work at around 5.

Once home I usually take the dogs for a long walk. Thankfully my dog walker is awesome so they don't have a bunch of pent up energy so it's usually a calm walk.

then i make dinner,eat,clean up and if I have nothing planned I'll read or work out.
usually my evening is filled with volunteer stuff.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok.
My location is in the Caribbean.
I run my own business,and no day is " typical."
So here's my routine from yesterday.

4.00 AM - 5.00 AM Woke,checked emails ,checked daily news, checked TAM. also eat a huge " pre breakfast " meal. I usually do this on my " heavy lifting days" at the gym.

5.00 AM --7.00 AM- Head outside for a jog.

7.00 AM - 8.00 AM Woke wifey , I fixed breakfast.

Between breakfast to 10.00 AM , took calls, made calls, checked a couple websites including TAM. Took a shower and got dressed for the gym.

10.00 AM Went to the gym. Spent 1.5 hours, showered, went to lunch.
1.00 PM - 3.00 PM Met with contractors .[ bad news !] Returned home , ate, chat with wifey about business. A call comes through from the office and they tell me a client is waiting for me. I get furious because that meeting was scheduled for 4.30 PM. Shower and head down to the office.

3.30 PM - 4.00 PM Head down to office to meet with client , everything went ok. Contact suppliers, deal with business issues etc. Made a call to a company that's owing me a significant amount of money that's overdue. Try to be polite,but the girl on the phone gives me shyt. Blow a gasket and start to cuss. Hang up . Call back a little later and ask to speak to the accounts payable manager. [ This is a very large company.] She politely promises me that the cheque will be ready by noon today.
** fingers crossed **.

4.00 PM - 5.00 PM. Went to suppliers warehouse to have a look at new fabric samples. Good stuff. Chit chat with the lady owner a little,and head back to office.

5.30 PM - 6.30 PM left office , head to the supermarket to get some of wifey's favorite pastries. I purchase a meal replacement protein shake.
Sat down outside the supermarket by the coffee shop drank my shake.
From outside that shop, I can see the sunset over the landscape.
It was very beautiful.

7.00- 10.00 PM Back at home. Hug my wife, while * playfully squeezing her backside*. She likes the pastries.
Hit the shower, relax , make a few calls. She goes on Skype and starts talking,then its on to Netflix for her.
I settle down , chat on fb , look at TAM in between etc.

10.00PM. Bedtime. Go through bedtime "smooching" ritual. Got a shoulder rub because it hurt from working out. Then she dozed off,and then me.
....................................................................................
The time at present is 9.00 AM, Friday 28th Sept.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy crap, CM, how many times a day do you take a shower? :scratchhead:
Its very hot and humid around this time of the year.
Its hurricane season.

I have to meet with women ALL the time because all of my clients are female. Can't appear to be " sweaty " and smelly around them.
Not good for business!

ETA, I'm Aquarius dear!;)

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
M-F looks like this for me:

I have my alarm clock set 10 minutes fast; don't ask why.....I don't know! LOL

6:00 AM: alarm goes off. (It's really 5:50) I have it set for the radio to come on. I also have it placed across the room, so I cannot just lay there and continue to hit the snooze button. I like to lay in bed and listen to the morning program on a certain station.....plays music, tells the weather, news, and traffic for the morning.

6:20 AM (at the latest): Ease out of bed, put on my shoes, and take the dogs out.

6:23 AM: Feed puppy (Hubs feeds the 10 year old dog)

6:24 AM: Take puppy to Hubs so he can take him out for #2. :rofl:

6:25 AM: Get in the shower (wash hair, wash face, condition hair, shave while hair is conditioning, rinse. Turn off water and apply baby oil. Pat dry.

6:40 AM: Get out of the shower, clean ears with Qtip, apply facial moisturizer, brush teeth, blow dry hair. Plug in flat iron, get dressed.

7:00 AM: Straighten hair, put on jewelry (I don't wear makeup unless going out to dinner with Hubs or out with Sister and friends).

7:15 AM: Make my travel cup of coffee (Hubs has already made the pot of coffee).

7:20 AM: Hug and kiss family bye, "I love you", grab keys, cell phone, coffee and head out. Drink coffee on the way to work.

7:50-8:00 AM: Arrive at office. Turn on 'puter, open accounting program, work email, personal email, and TAM window. Keep all running all day long so I can muti-task. ;) Get breakfast and eat at my desk.

12:00-12:15 PM: Break for lunch for 30 minutes with boss and co-workers. It's only 30 min., so we all eat lunch together in the conference room, reading the news paper and watching the news or cooking channel. :D

12:30-1:00 PM: Sometimes we take a little longer than 30 minutes if we're talking, or something good is on TV. :p

4:30 PM: Leave the office

5:00 PM: Pick up daughter. This could be a little later if I stop by the store. I can get in and out (and cheaper) if I go without her. ;)

5:45-6:00 PM: Arrive home, take the dogs out, feed puppy, pour a glass of wine, and get dinner started.

6:45 PM: Eat dinner

7:00 PM: Take daugther upstairs to brush her teeth, get her shower, be there while she gets on her jammies.

7:30 PM: Back downstairs, get another glass of wine, settle on the sofa for some TV time.....

8:00 PM: Daughter goes to bed. I watch my TV shows for the evening with Hubs. If he does not like what I'm watching, he'll go in the bedroom and watch what he wants.

1:00 AM: Wake up on the sofa and drag my groggy butt to bed.

Rinse, repeat M-F. On Friday mornings, I make sure to turn the alarm OFF, so I can sleep in on Saturday morning. (Oh crap, I forgot to turn it off this morning! :eek: Make mental note to turn off alarm when I get home today. :rolleyes: )

Saturday and Sundays: Sleep in until either 1. Puppy wakes up and starts whining in his crate, or 2. Daughter wakes up and comes downstairs to my room.

Get up, take the dogs out, start laundry, coffee, breakfast. Get on with what ever the plans are for the day.

:)

·
Banned
0 Posts
Its very hot and humid around this time of the year.
Its hurricane season.

I have to meet with women ALL the time because all of my clients are female. Can't appear to be " sweaty " and smelly around them.
Not good for business!

ETA, I'm Aquarius dear!;)
Hi five, I'm aquarius too!

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
I loved the puppy parts, southern. I think it's time for me to get one!
:lol: Ummmmmmmmmmm OMG! The "puppy" stage is such a PITA (pain in the @ss)!!!!!! I recommend a rescue dog that's about 2 or 3. We got this one (a Toy Poodle) at 10-12 weeks old. :eek: It's been puppy h#ll............slowly getting better. Got him fixed, but he's something else. Very strong personality. Smart dog. Sits on command, and "shakes" his paw/my hand. I make him sit and shake before he eats. When I'm putting food in his dish, he sits and holds his paw up to shake. :rofl: But before I can put the dish on the floor, he's up wiggling around. So I make him sit and shake and wait, then put his food down. :D

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Southern,
Both you and I have something in common.

I set the bedroom clock and all my wrist watches 30 minutes ahead.
I do it because I want to be early.
But it still doesn't work.

I am almost always late.....

My wife tells me that I'll be late for my own funeral.

PS,
I like the " no make up " part too!

·
Banned
0 Posts
We don't really have rescue dogs :/ I wish I could get one. I've seen them on documentaries and movies and they're just amazing!!
I know all about the puppy hell, lol. I got Tarzan (french bouledogue) when he nowas too little to even walk. I look at those moments with tenderness now, but at the time I hated it.
I hear you about the strong personnalty. Tarzan has a strong almost-obnoxious personnality. Not smart at all, but f*cking strong personnality, lol.

When I started taking him out he used to choose his own path, smelling around and everything then he suddenly stops moving. He sits and refuses to move. He's done doing all the walking he needs for the day, I'm not his human, I'm his b*tch. And I have to choose either to sit with him, cancel my life, and wait for him to regain interest in walking or carry him.
And I tried everything. He gets depressed if I don't walk him, and he just stops when he's done walking. And if I take him inside before he's done walking, he'll resent me and whine all night long.
I asked trainers, I read books, but stubborness is to my dog a religion. Yet, somehow I want to do the whole thing over again. Because in all that calvary of ungratefullness, there will be at least a dozen of times when you felt really down and only your dog managed to dig you out.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
We don't really have rescue dogs :/ I wish I could get one. I've seen them on documentaries and movies and they're just amazing!!
I know all about the puppy hell, lol. I got Tarzan (french bouledogue) when he nowas too little to even walk. I look at those moments with tenderness now, but at the time I hated it.
I hear you about the strong personnalty. Tarzan has a strong almost-obnoxious personnality. Not smart at all, but f*cking strong personnality, lol.

When I started taking him out he used to choose his own path, smelling around and everything then he suddenly stops moving. He sits and refuses to move. He's done doing all the walking he needs for the day, I'm not his human, I'm his b*tch. And I have to choose either to sit with him, cancel my life, and wait for him to regain interest in walking or carry him.
And I tried everything. He gets depressed if I don't walk him, and he just stops when he's done walking. And if I take him inside before he's done walking, he'll resent me and whine all night long.
I asked trainers, I read books, but stubborness is to my dog a religion. Yet, somehow I want to do the whole thing over again. Because in all that calvary of ungratefullness, there will be at least a dozen of times when you felt really down and only your dog managed to dig you out.
can't live without my dog and foster dogs:D they're precious even when they're rotten

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.