Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been speaking to this guy for a while, we have had a few dates and we like each other.
Yet because of living in separate cities and lockdown we have not been able to officially date.
We have been talking on and off over a period of 2 years via text.
Recently he misinterpreted a text of mine and believed it to mean that I was not interested in him yet I reassured him that I was and I wanted to see how it went as mates and see if things progressed from there.
Then followed a period of non-communication.
I then accidently to my horror called him and he asked me if I meant to call.
I have accidently called him in the past twice before when we were communicating more frequently and he didn’t mind.
When I replied that I hadn’t and it was a genuine accident he got defensive and said that he didn’t believe me and thought that I had done it intentionally.
Why was that his response?
I am moving back to where he lives and I am wondering whether I should pursue it.
I have too much strong will and self-worth to ask him but I was wondering if anyone could shed light on what his reaction reveals about his feelings?
Thanks

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
We have been talking on and off over a period of 2 years via text.
Recently he misinterpreted a text of mine and believed it to mean that I was not interested in him yet I reassured him that I was and I wanted to see how it went as mates and see if things progressed from there.
Then followed a period of non-communication.
How old is this guy? Two years is a long time to text. I wouldn't waste that much time on such an endeavor, but that's me.

So since he misunderstood what you texted, he decided to give you the silent treatment. Immature, to say the least.

I then accidently to my horror called him and he asked me if I meant to call.
I have accidently called him in the past twice before when we were communicating more frequently and he didn’t mind.
When I replied that I hadn’t and it was a genuine accident he got defensive and said that he didn’t believe me and thought that I had done it intentionally.
Why was that his response?
Because he's an immature jerk.*

I have too much strong will and self-worth to ask him but I was wondering if anyone could shed light on what his reaction reveals about his feelings?
*Please see previous response.

I don't think it's necessarily "self worth" that is keeping you from asking him a direct question. After all, you are posing such a question to complete strangers who don't know you or this man. Frankly, I wouldn't even waste another second of my time wondering why this guy behaves like he does. You don't even have a real relationship with him. Move on.

Reactions: frusdil and Rowan

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
How old is this guy? Two years is a long time to text. I wouldn't waste that much time on such an endeavor, but that's me.

So since he misunderstood what you texted, he decided to give you the silent treatment. Immature, to say the least.

Because he's an immature jerk.*

*Please see previous response.

I don't think it's necessarily "self worth" that is keeping you from asking him a direct question. After all, you are posing such a question to complete strangers who don't know you or this man. Frankly, I wouldn't even waste another second of my time wondering why this guy behaves like he does. You don't even have a real relationship with him. Move on.
^^This.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This guy I have been texting misinterpreted what I said in a text to mean that I wasn't interested in him.
I reassured him that I was interested in him.
I then accidently called him and he asked me if I meant to call.
I said it was an accident and his response was that he thought I did it intentionally.
I have accidently called him twice in the past but he was understanding about it then as it was a genuine mistake.
Why did he not believe me this time?
Should I text him back clarifying the situation?
We have had 3 dates and like each other.

·
Registered
257 Posts
This guy I have been texting misinterpreted what I said in a text to mean that I wasn't interested in him.
I reassured him that I was interested in him.
I then accidently called him and he asked me if I meant to call.
I said it was an accident and his response was that he thought I did it intentionally.
I have accidently called him twice in the past but he was understanding about it then as it was a genuine mistake.
Why did he not believe me this time?
Should I text him back clarifying the situation?
We have had 3 dates and like each other.
this is very easily solved:

simply text him and say you had a nice time on the dates and that you hope to see him again. Make light of the "accidental calls"

he is feeling unsure and apprehensive, but can be brought back easily.

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
  1. Dude has a girlfriend.
  2. You accidentally told him you are not interested.
  3. Then you "mistakenly" called him not once but three times?

This is Jerry Stringer level stuff right here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.