Talk About Marriage banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Years ago, my first husband and I purchased a used 5th wheel camper with two bump-outs, and parked it at a wooded campground near a small mountain for 2 years...it had electrical, water and waste hook-ups and cost, I think $30 per month to just sit it there year round.

It was THE MOST FUN I've ever had!!!!!! I loved it so much I barely came home during the warmer months!!!!
It was TINY, of course, and I had three little kids, but it was like having a tiny summer home in the woods and right next to a river and hiking trails!!! Plus they had a pool that my kids loved and basketball and tennis courts and a playground.

I pretty much loved living in that tiny camper more than my actual house!!!! Lol!! I would LOVE to be able to do that again someday... :love:
We were pop-up campers for about 6 years. We bought a brand new little bunk house in 2020 and we love it! It's small and charming, I feel I'm in a doll house! I love having my own bathroom! LoL!

Since covid-19 hit we couldn't travel internationally anymore so we booked a bunch of camping trips for the end of 2020 and 2021. Our friends own campers as well so we travel together. We're going to the OBX in a few weeks. That's one of our favorite spots to camp.

I really don't know what I want to buy, but my husband has some pretty good ideas for me. He just bought me 2 $500 tickets for a concert in Florida this year. I love concerts.

He's been hinting he might need a new Tahoe to pull the bunkhouse... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Experience a Formula 1 paddock if you can to see real excess.
I live close to Daytona Beach and it's HUGE racetrack. I have been in the paddock many times for IMSA and NASCAR (crash car) races.

I had such a blast camping in the infield for the Rolex 24 hour race.

·
Registered
556 Posts
F1 $ is crazy or true wealth - or both. I have been fortunate (thank U good buddy Goodyear exec) to have been to a few. All of them it's a contest of who has the most $ to throw away/discard. The 2 China races I've been to might be the worst / most unbelievable but yes Monaco is crazy $ high society and class.

Cool rockon -- I'm a racing groupie... Been to Daytona many times and the 24 hrs 3 times. Fun fun fun !!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
F1 $ is crazy or true wealth - or both. I have been fortunate (thank U good buddy Goodyear exec) to have been to a few. All of them it's a contest of who has the most $ to throw away/discard. The 2 China races I've been to might be the worst / most unbelievable but yes Monaco is crazy $ high society and class.

Cool rockon -- I'm a racing groupie... Been to Daytona many times and the 24 hrs 3 times. Fun fun fun !!
Love the Daytona 24! Camping in the infield with a generator and BBQ grill, heaven!

·
Registered
10,078 Posts
COOL!!!! A music festival sounds SO FUN!!!

YES, we did have a butler AND 24hr room service...it was just all provided by ME!!!! Lol!
I still actually loved EVERY minute of it, and didn't mind one bit!!!
LOL!

We splashed on a hotel room whereby the butler introduced himself to us - whatever we needed, call upon him, even making us a cup of tea in the room. We didn’t call upon him at all. I felt weird asking him to make us a cuppa when I was quite capable of doing this myself in the room. It would feel weird to me to request that. Obviously we weren’t the target demographic. The room was amaze-balls though. We ate at the in-house restaurant one night, wearing jeans. Surrounded by other guests in very formal attire. The meal was good, but we both preferred finding the local hot-spot street food. I guess I like a fancy bathroom but I also like wearing jeans and converse and eating street food - where the locals are lining up is usually a good indicator of where to eat. Not fancy but really tasty.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts