Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have written before about my wife and my marriage relationship in particular from an intimate viewpoint, it exists at a very superficial level, we are in the same house each day, sleep in same bed, celebrate birthdays of family, but that is the extent. There is nothing else, no touching, no hugs, a kiss (peck) when leaving house or going to bed and certainly no sexual activity. It has not always been this way. The first 8-12 years of our marriage she was quite agressive towards me. Now it is just the opposite.

I wish there would be a way to know what she is thinking about those areas that we use to share together regularly? We now have tile in our living room whereas before we had carpet and would sit together on the floor in front of the fireplace, hold each other and often end up sexually. But we have not been that physically close and sexual in over 11 years.

I would just like to know (1) is she simply not interested or have any desire; or (2) is she angry at me but won't tell me?
(3) Does she ever think of the physical closeness of a man but just not me? I obviously don't turn her on but would she with another man, in other words, could she still be interested in physical closeness but no longer with me? I am not suggested to carry this out but only trying to understand is does she have any interest, or is her interest simply gone, or what other possibility. We have been married 43+ years and we are both 68but in good health and we both look much younger than our age. I read that many people our age have active physical and intimate active lifes way past our age. I tried to ask her several nights ago, but she did not answer-silence.

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
I would try to stay with the communication thing, but as time goes so might her libido have too. Women tent to change after menopause thus it being called the change of life. Although she might seem healthy on the outside maybe there are more things going on in the inside with her health or even her thoughts.

Does she show any signs of depression, do you two have kids? WHen did they move out? Do you have grand kids, do you see them? Did someone close to her get really sick or die around the time this started to happen?

draconis

·
Registered
124 Posts
Draconis has hit the nail on the head with what he says , so I won't repeat.
A woman can't tell you any more what your wife is thinking than you can. Women aren't a club, a secret society, or a monolithic entity. Men aren't that way either.
If you can't ask her, or if you are afraid she won't tell the truth, a counselor could help coach you two in better communication skills. You have alot of years invested in each other, and I hope you can have many (happy) years ahead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.