Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I no longer question my worth
I no longer have constant anxiety all day long
I can sleep for 8+ hours straight without waking up in a panic attack after only a few hours
I don't cry anymore...tear up and feel sad but don't ball my eyes out
I am eating again on a regular basis
I started exercising regularly
Got back into my hobbies
I now enjoy going home
I take the time to enjoy my experience with people, even conversation with strangers
I don't fear change anymore
I am learning to love myself and getting to know my strength/weaknesses
I realize living in fear is trying to control things...working on throwing fear out the window and live in the NOW
Learning to say "no" and have boundaries when it comes to things I won't compromise on (inner values)
I don't worry what people think about me or how I live my life anymore

·
Registered
243 Posts
Vi, that is a great list. I am closer to my children now, I no longer have to pretend to be a perfect Mom, I can accept my limitations, I have shown them how to cope with a difficult time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can sleep for 8+ hours straight without waking up in a panic attack after only a few hours
Got back into my hobbies
I now enjoy going home
I take the time to enjoy my experience with people, even conversation with strangers
I realize living in fear is trying to control things...working on throwing fear out the window and live in the NOW
Learning to say "no" and have boundaries when it comes to things I won't compromise on (inner values)

Wooo Hooo! You took the words right out of my mouth! I would only add that I'm learning to trust my feelings and my intuition. It's only gonna get better from here!

·
Registered
20,603 Posts
I paid off all my debt, paid off my car, went skiing for the first time (bucket list), discovered a passion in cooking, have saved $ for the first time in my life, improved my credit significantly, had my first rebound/dating experience, enrolled in a math class at a level that was always so difficult for me and PASSED with a high grade!, and feel more like a woman now than I ever have in my life. I feel more centered.

********************** | ***************************************** | ***************************************

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Got back into my hobbies
I now enjoy going home
So many times the things you say could be written by me too. it's weird! lol get outta my brain! :D :p

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I paid off all my debt, paid off my car, went skiing for the first time (bucket list), discovered a passion in cooking, have saved $ for the first time in my life, improved my credit significantly, had my first rebound/dating experience, enrolled in a math class at a level that was always so difficult for me and PASSED with a high grade!, and feel more like a woman now than I ever have in my life. I feel more centered.
That's great, Jellybeans!!

I am also paying off my debt and getting things together financially. Its alot different now that I don't have someone wanting to spend money on frivolous things when there are other bills to pay off....

Feeling centered is such a great mood booster. Keep up the great work on yourself. :)

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I have confidence in who I am as a person and like myself
I have confidence in my abilities at my job and at home
I don't worry about what he's going to say or do as much as I used to (I do occasionally worry about court actions - sometimes my decisions are governed by what a judge would say)
I have taken my credit score from below 500 to over 750, paid off a car and bought a house
I am comfortable being alone vs. being relieved that I am alone
I feel I can love now tho I'm still a bit afraid of it.
I'm generally confident that I can handle most things that come my way.
I know how to set boundaries and say No

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I feel more like myself. More like I remember feeling as a kid. Still have a wide range of emotions, more in touch with them and equipped to deal with them. Better at communicating though. I have got rid of a lot of the 'shoulds' that ruled my life. I'm a lot more open-minded about stuff. Feel like life is more real, not having to keep make excuses for H.

Significantly reduced debt, more free time, better relationship, work is more enjoyable, social life is more to my liking.

Life isn't perfect but it is real life which is good. I'm no longer waiting for anything to get better, it just is what it is which is basically good even though sh*t does happen it can be worked through, not the end of the world.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I have a smile on my face when I wake up

I look forward to every day.

I get to dance, something I always wanted to do.

When I go out I get to focus on having fun and not if I am upsetting the ex or how I am making her look, wondering if I'm doing anyhting to set her off.

Won't lie, it's nice to get hit on and not feel guilty about playing back.

I feel like my old self. Big smile on my face, making people laugh, making a positive, lasting impression on people.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I feel more like myself. More like I remember feeling as a kid.
I feel like my old self. Big smile on my face, making people laugh, making a positive, lasting impression on people.
....and feel more like a woman now than I ever have in my life. I feel more centered.
I have confidence in who I am as a person and like myself

:smthumbup:

Amazing that the dark dark days that everyone has went through gives them this much confidence in themselves.

So much positive, even in the most negative situations. Even if it takes a few months/years to get there.

Congrats you guys :)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
thought of a couple for myself aside from snagging the ones from vi's post

i stopped wishing i was someone i'm not.stopped wishing i was prettier,smarter,thinner,etc.
i got happy with me:D

oddly enough,my physical health issues faded away seemingly out of nowhere.now,i can't put the blame on my stressful lifestyle with my exhusband but it sure is interesting how they simply vanished after settling into my single life...

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I think you don't realize how valuable a treasure your true self is until you sacrifice it for another human and have to work to get it back. You think, wow, that was a close one. How could I have turned my back on myself all that time, and given my life energy to another human being who was keeping all their energy as well as taking mine and basically flushing it.

·
Registered
20,603 Posts
oddly enough,my physical health issues faded away seemingly out of nowhere.now,i can't put the blame on my stressful lifestyle with my exhusband but it sure is interesting how they simply vanished after settling into my single life...
:rofl: Sounds like it was a complete coincidence!!! Lol

I think you don't realize how valuable a treasure your true self is until you sacrifice it for another human and have to work to get it back. You think, wow, that was a close one. How could I have turned my back on myself all that time, and given my life energy to another human being who was keeping all their energy as well as taking mine and basically flushing it.
:iagree: Omg so true. When we're in a "couple" we do kind of lose ourselves, our identity. It's strange to have to find the way back from that, the path back to ourselves, our true selves, not bound by a relationship. It's fun though!

********************** | ***************************************** | ***************************************

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I said almost this exact thing to someone the other night.

I can't believe I let someone rob me of myself! My fun loving, positive self that everyone loved and always complimented. I'm glad to be back and I won't ever let someone steal that from me again.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
:rofl: Sounds like it was a complete coincidence!!! Lol
totally:rolleyes:
a lil ot but funny incident that happened, exH and i work at the same firm so about 6 months after i left he made a comment saying something like wow scarlet you haven't called out sick even once in 6 months and you are so full of energy!! that's awesome!

I almost bit my own tongue off trying to keep from being a jerk and saying "yeah it's funny what not living in an anal retentive ocd 'sleeping with the enemy' household will do for a lady!"

but i was polite,smiled and said thanks. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.