Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
I was talk that TAM's decline in active members has is largely due to the change in the google search algorithm that was put in place a couple of years ago. It's just not as likely that TAM will show up in search results as it was prior to the algorithm change. Sites like TAM rely on a constant influx of new members.
I found TAM via Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
13,344 Posts
As in regards to misogyny -it was always here, even worse.I remeber threads, based on some cockoo guy books, how it is natural for women to submit to men and that tge chaos of today’s wold is basically the fault of people not staying within their “natural” gender norms. Imagine the fights we had on these threads....
LOL but those were shot down quickly though by the majority of the board. Silly red pill nonsense and the men here encouraged much better alternatives to the 180 without harnessing a hatred of women.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
The last time I attempted to download an ad blocker on my laptop, it ended up in the repair shop for a week. I am a technological moron, and I've learned to step away from the computer and leave any bells and whistles to my local geek guys.

@MattMatt - Yes, we have ads in magazines (although "Cooks Illustrated" and "Cuisine At Home" magazines have NO ads), but they're not literally popping up in my peripheral vision. It's disconcerting for me. And, like I said, the old website had a more confidential/anonymous feel to it.

Reactions: Blondilocks

·
Banned
1,357 Posts
Is there anyone that can make the undo feature work? When typing in the reply box and accidentally delete something, I right click for a list of options, including undo. But undo doesn't see the delete so never restores it.

So funky because it worked swell on the old site just like all other websites. Just something else that happened to TAM along with the user-friendly navigation, feel of the board, and less annoying ads.

Funny by product though is the ads are much bigger and much more annoying, but they don't drag/slow the site down like the ads on the old page did.

·
Registered
13,272 Posts
I was talk that TAM's decline in active members has is largely due to the change in the google search algorithm that was put in place a couple of years ago. It's just not as likely that TAM will show up in search results as it was prior to the algorithm change. Sites like TAM rely on a constant influx of new members.

I agree that the loss of the private (or closed) groups is not good. There was at least one long time poster who has a group forum no there. With the transition, years of her threads were just deleted. She no longer posts on TAM as that shocking and hurtful to her and to those who were supporting her.

I agree.
I agree about Google. That was how I originally found TAM and I am grateful I did.

·
Registered
13,839 Posts
I think all/most forums are seeing declines. People are continually communicating online in new and different ways. Message boards (I miss Copmuserv) gave way to USENET to web based forums to Facebook/group chats/Reddit. It’s a pity TAM, while still having a good and diverse community, had a larger and diverser community.

I found TAM via Google. You’d think a company like VerticalScope would be pretty good at SEO.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I found TAM via Google. You’d think a company like VerticalScope would be pretty good at SEO.
Maybe they now make enough money on ads and do not care Anymore about increased traffic? I tried to get some info about advertising here for a friend who specializes in counseling for Narcisstic abuse and never got reply. I called, I e-mailed, I contacted Ellegirl -never got response.

·
Registered
13,839 Posts
Maybe they now make enough money on ads and do not care Anymore about increased traffic? I tried to get some info about advertising here for a friend who specializes in counseling for Narcisstic abuse and never got reply. I called, I e-mailed, I contacted Ellegirl -never got response.
TAM is represents a tiny portion of VS’s portfolio, I think they just don’t care about it period. (Even in TAM’s heyday it was never a “large” forum.)

·
Administrator
44,321 Posts
ffgdfgfdfg abbbbb rrrrrr
I replied to your PM... Check your "conversations". Here's my reply:

Start by writing to the [email protected] email. Explain what you would like to do.

I think that the ads on the side of discussions are from an ad service like Google AdSense.

Let me know if that works.

Ele
The mod team, to include me, cannot help you with this.

·
Administrator
44,321 Posts
TAM is represents a tiny portion of VS’s portfolio, I think they just don’t care about it period. (Even in TAM’s heyday it was never a “large” forum.)
VS has something like 700 forums.

·
Administrator
44,321 Posts
Is there anyone that can make the undo feature work? When typing in the reply box and accidentally delete something, I right click for a list of options, including undo. But undo doesn't see the delete so never restores it.

So funky because it worked swell on the old site just like all other websites. Just something else that happened to TAM along with the user-friendly navigation, feel of the board, and less annoying ads.

Funny by product though is the ads are much bigger and much more annoying, but they don't drag/slow the site down like the ads on the old page did.
I just tired the undo function and it was working. You can also use the cntrl-z keyboard shortcut if you are on a computer.

·
Banned
1,357 Posts
Maybe they now make enough money on ads and do not care Anymore about increased traffic?
I've noticed that they do seem to care. Aside from that, a good amount of traffic also, in some way, increases search engine results. Algorithms may have changed, but traffic does still matter to some degree. So, less traffic affects search engine placement in addition to the algorithm. So it has to matter to them whether or not I or anyone noticed since no amount of money from advertising matters if there's no one around to see them. Seems to me advertisers will pull out. Doesn't make sense to pay to advertise to no one or way too few. The broader the scope, the more they pay. TV ads cost more than radio, for example. Superbowl ads cost more than weekly games. And so on. Web advertisers have their criteria too.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I used to find TAM a great place for advice and people who seemed to genuinely care. The majority of the old guard have appeared for the most part, to have moved on or away from the threads here and I rarely seem their posts. Now I see more misogynists and trigger happy ****-wits (excuse my language) which who have little of any value to contribute. What are your views, do you think the tone of TAM has changed?
Agreed it has become more misogynistic in my opinion which drives off more moderate voices. Also if you dare disagree with some of the misogynists they then outpost you 4 to 1 to make sure theirs is the loudest voice.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Also if you dare disagree with some of the misogynists they then outpost you 4 to 1 to make sure theirs is the loudest voice.
That's why I've found myself using the wonderful "ignore" function more recently. Some of these goofs get triggered over minutiae. Rather than argue and risk getting a ban, I put the douche bags on "ignore." Works like a charm for me.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I used to find TAM a great place for advice and people who seemed to genuinely care. The majority of the old guard have appeared for the most part, to have moved on or away from the threads here and I rarely seem their posts. Now I see more misogynists and trigger happy ****-wits (excuse my language) which who have little of any value to contribute. What are your views, do you think the tone of TAM has changed?
I see lynch mob mentally, instead of hang'em to screaming divorce'em.

From mostly people that were WS and BS paying it forward to help the newcomers.
To, too many people that are not, were not, hope they are never a WS or BS
that never experienced infidelity firsthand posing as experts that only see divorce
as the only solution to infidelity.

·
Registered
13,272 Posts
That's why I've found myself using the wonderful "ignore" function more recently. Some of these goofs get triggered over minutiae. Rather than argue and risk getting a ban, I put the douche bags on "ignore." Works like a charm for me.
I've actually employed that function twice in the last 6 months where I never would have considered it before. But it was for one poster who turned out to have multiple "sock puppet" accounts and another who just seems unstable.

·
Registered
912 Posts
LOL but those were shot down quickly though by the majority of the board. Silly red pill nonsense and the men here encouraged much better alternatives to the 180 without harnessing a hatred of women.
Oh, I've heard VERY little actual hatred of women (or men) on here! I've read tons of frustration and resentment at times, but not outright hatred, for the most part!!

I think the discussions on here are GREAT!

·
Registered
912 Posts
But if you "ignore" people, you NEVER get to hear what they say, right...? What if they post something you would want to read?

21 - 40 of 72 Posts