Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
IMHO, I would mean it as a neutral way of saying, without being rude....yep it's a picture and your in it. That way I don't stick my foot in my butt with a jealous hubby/SO, or piss off a lady for not noticing the dress, shoes, hair style, etc. Make sense?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Since there isn’t enough context, it’s difficult to tell. Did you wake up one night and he was sitting at the foot of your bed with a picture he just took of you when he said it? Or was it on social media? If it’s the first one I suggest calling the police. If the second, you can ignore it, block him, or ask him what he meant.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
I've only ever heard those words said in a completely flattering manner by several men over the years - "oh my god, look at you...."

I'm just being honest and bringing that up because if someone remarked, "look at you" after seeing a picture of me and we weren't romantically involved in any way, I would take that as his way of avoiding saying what he really thinks. That's exactly how I'd take it. Because I've done that to others when I couldn't think of anything flattering to say that didn't sound like I was patronizing them. So I'd say, "look at you all happy out on that fishing boat!" or whatever he was doing in the picture.

Lastly, we can only venture a guess as to what he meant as we don't have the ability to read his mind. But if you had already turned him down, I get the sense that the last thing he was going to do was compliment you after you let him know you weren't interested in him. Probably in his mind, only a total simp would continue flattering a woman who has already shot him down.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've only ever heard those words said in a completely flattering manner by several men over the years - "oh my god, look at you...."

I'm just being honest and bringing that up because if someone remarked, "look at you" after seeing a picture of me and we weren't romantically involved in any way, I would take that as his way of avoiding saying what he really thinks. That's exactly how I'd take it. Because I've done that to others when I couldn't think of anything flattering to say that didn't sound like I was patronizing them. So I'd say, "look at you all happy out on that fishing boat!" or whatever he was doing in the picture.

Lastly, we can only venture a guess as to what he meant as we don't have the ability to read his mind. But if you had already turned him down, I get the sense that the last thing he was going to do was compliment you after you let him know you weren't interested in him. Probably in his mind, only a total simp would continue flattering a woman who has already shot him down.
So basically he wants to say something else but took the safe option and said that instead???

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
That sounds complimentary to me.
He sounds pleased to me.
Based on her asking, the comment sounded potentially sarcastic to me.

If it was sarcastic, it really meant look at such a pleasant picture of such an unpleasant person.

As others have said, ask. The worst that can happen, is he will tell you that he is unhappy with you.

Saying no to a guy, for some guys, can make them feel rejected and angry.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts