Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello gentlemen,

I would like to know when you hear the term Alpha Male what does that mean to you? (I'm a woman) And do you consider yourself an Alpha Male? I ask because looking back I think I had a misconception of what it means I think there still is a huge misconception about the term. If you asked me a year ago I probably would have said a a**hole jock but to me that is bully, to me it is someone who is assertive and confident in himself although he can be nice and kind he is not a pushover either. I'm curious from a man's perspective what it means to you. Thanks in advance for reading this.

Kris.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
An Alpha Male in this time of mediocre men is simply a man who has his game under control ,knows exactly what he wants and goes for it.
He doesn't waste time on what people think or say.
He just achieves what he set out to do.

Alpha male in youth is entirely different to an Alpha male who has achieved a certain status or rank in society.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An Alpha Male in this time of mediocre men is simply a man who has his game under control ,knows exactly what he wants and goes for it.
He doesn't waste time on what people think or say.
He just achieves what he set out to do.

Alpha male in youth is entirely different to an Alpha male who has achieved a certain status or rank in society.

I understand the first part of what your saying but please elaborate the difference between youth and society?

·
Registered
319 Posts
To me, alpha is the ability to take charge and lead when that is what is required. But you're also confident enough to go with the flow when YOU decide that is the best course. You're confident enough to make decisions, but you don't make decisions in a vacuum. And you're strong enough to accept responsibility when your decision doesn't produce the desired result and make adjustments accordingly.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
I understand the first part of what your saying but please elaborate the difference between youth and society?
In youth, the characteristics that define Alpha Male if physical size , looks etc. That's why they are the ones you called " a$$hole jocks ."
These types very seldom mature and usually turn out to be the losers with child support cases, prison record and some sort of addiction in real life. IMO.

In the real worldl, the characteristics of Alpha is wealth and power.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
Professionally speaking the alpha male makes the disicions and tells other what to do.

Sexually speaking the alpha goes 1st in the gang bang.

In a marriage....now thats a little more complicated. I think being calm, firm and desicieve is were its at. A man that commands respect by nowing what he wants by having clear and nonnegotiating boundries. Excepting the consequence when he should have went left instead of turning right.

That and killing spiders for my wife.

·
Registered
19,496 Posts
An alpha male is a man who treats every person in his perview with respect and dignity, and then expects the same in return.

If this respect is not returned in kind, he defends his honor with venom.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
An alpha male is a man who treats every person in his perview with respect and dignity, and then expects the same in return.

If this respect is not returned in kind, he defends his honor with venom.
An excellent way to define "commanding respect"

Well said sir, well said!

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
A cowboy. lol. :D Calm and steady, and a little fire in the belly.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
Ya for sure now a days.

Back in the day when I used to push my wife around I thought I was being an alph male....how wrong was I!!

Having the control I now have and the life lessons one learns at 46 yrs old, I can say that I am an alpha male.

But I maybe be lossing this title cuz my wife spotted a snake in the yard and wants me to track it down and kill it....I hate snakes!

Even more, I miss my bestest dog Buster who had things like this all under control a few years ago.

Anyway even with ol'd Buster gone I no longer have to fight for the alpha male spot in my home. LOL

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
to me it is someone who is assertive and confident in himself although he can be nice and kind he is not a pushover either.
I don't think kindness and niceness are traits of an "alpha male", I think they are beta male traits or traits of a caring person.

Being alpha to me is just about confidence and assertiveness, the ability to lead.

Being beta is about caring, kindness, commitment, dependability.

Do I consider myself an "alpha male"? No. I would say that I am confident in my character and am not afraid to lead people, but I am also caring and kind and a caretaker type.

Honestly, I don't care if I'm an "alpha male", I think I have a great combination of alpha and beta traits that makes me an awesome potential mate. I'm working on being a little MORE assertive, because I think being in my marriage kind of hurt my confidence a little, but I'm not going to compromise my character or integrity just to pick up girls. I say that because many guys go "bad boy alpha" just to pick up girls at the bar, which is not something that appeals to me.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
I don't think kindness and niceness are traits of an "alpha male", I think they are beta male traits or traits of a caring person.

Being alpha to me is just about confidence and assertiveness, the ability to lead.

Being beta is about caring, kindness, commitment, dependability.

Do I consider myself an "alpha male"? No. I would say that I am confident in my character and am not afraid to lead people, but I am also caring and kind and a caretaker type.

Honestly, I don't care if I'm an "alpha male", I think I have a great combination of alpha and beta traits that makes me an awesome potential mate. I'm working on being a little MORE assertive, because I think being in my marriage kind of hurt my confidence a little, but I'm not going to compromise my character or integrity just to pick up girls. I say that because many guys go "bad boy alpha" just to pick up girls at the bar, which is not something that appeals to me.
But wait! I'm just trying to kill spiders and snakes around the house.....picking up chicks was the furthest thing from my mind.

Well..............maybe the gang bang comment had me thinking out side the boxs, but thats just how I'm wired.

In all seriousness, COguy has some real points that need to be brought up.

Especially since my history of being alph was as about as beta as you can get.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
So far all interesting views, now my next question is do you consider yourself a alpha male?
Well I am not in ANY group,, but I'm definitely the Alpha in charge of my marriage / life.

Marital problems.............................No
Problems getting laid......................Never
Financial Problems...........................No
Employed........................................No
Employer.........................................Yes
Own Property..................................Yes
Own Business.................................Yes
Own Real Estate.............................Yes
Health problems...............................No
Pot Belly...........................................No
Man Boobs.......................................No
ED....................................................No
Desired............................................Yes
Respected........................................Yes [ can't be successful without it!]
Takes Disrespect..............................No
Gives Respect...................................Yes
Gives a shyt......................................No way!

I think the only thing missing there is power. But I'm working on it;)

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.