Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The term passion is used regularly when talking about an intimate or sexual relationship between couples. There are a few threads going on now about being good in bed and the word passion is mentiond alot. Something I've had on my mind for some time is that I don't think I can put into words what passion is or looks like.

I know what the textbook definition of passion is but I want to know what passion looks like to you?

What does your spouse or partner do that makes you say "we have passion in our marriage/relationship"?

How do you show passion to your spouse?

Hopefully this post is clear, it's just something that I've been wondering for some time now.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
For me and my husband, it's all about the kiss. There's fire there...even when my hair is a mess and he hasn't shaved in 3 days.

Reactions: TrustInUs

·
Premium Member
17,770 Posts
For me, passion in marriage is a deep desire to be with my spouse and show her how much I love, respect and admire her through the best I can deliver in physical expression.

It does not matter to me if it is in the bedroom or not. If I am passionate about my wife, I want the expression of it in all parts of our lives.

·
Premium Member
14,147 Posts
to me is ....a craving for your lover... to be filled...or just be in their arms....whether you long for them emotionally or erotically.... just the entangelment of that sweet togetherness... feeling it in his / her kiss, their touch, their love for us......this lifts one on a
"euphoric high" that soothes and fulfulls us very deeply.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For me, passion in marriage is a deep desire to be with my spouse and show her how much I love, respect and admire her through the best I can deliver in physical expression.

It does not matter to me if it is in the bedroom or not. If I am passionate about my wife, I want the expression of it in all parts of our lives.
Love your answer, thank you!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the responses. So I guess my next ? is that is it more of something you feel and not necessarily something you see with actions? I guess I'm a little confused as to how one "acts" passionate. It almost seems is if it's there its there, or not....

For example I would say that I still sometimes get butterflies when my H looks at me, or when he comes home from a business trip. Or like some said in the way we kiss. Would you call that passion?

·
Premium Member
17,770 Posts
For me, that feeling you are getting when he comes home from work means attraction not passion. Sexual attraction does not have to include passion. The act of sex does not have to include passion.

You can do it just to get off. The person you are able to do it with is the person you are attracted to.

Edit: In my opinion, you must express passion for another to recognize it...An example which does not involve sex....

I had a job years ago that I felt passionate about. I traveled when asked. I read books about it. I worked up to 70 hours a week trying to soak up as much knowledge as I could and increase my skills. I worked in the shop for eight hours then outside the shop, on the job site after the first eight. It was difficult to really interrupt me when I was working. It could be done, but I did not like being interrupted.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For me, that feeling you are getting when he comes home from work means attraction not passion. Sexual attraction does not have to include passion. The act of sex does not have to include passion.

You can do it just to get off. The person you are able to do it with is the person you are attracted to.

Edit: In my opinion, you must express passion for another to recognize it...An example which does not involve sex....

I had a job years ago that I felt passionate about. I traveled when asked. I read books about it. I worked up to 70 hours a week trying to soak up as much knowledge as I could and increase my skills. I worked in the shop for eight hours then outside the shop, on the job site after the first eight. It was difficult to really interrupt me when I was working. It could be done, but I did not like being interrupted.
The bolded part makes sense. Also thanks for your example.... This is a topic I will bring up to my H....when I think back I don't recall either of us using the word passion to describe our marriage so after seeing it a lot it just got me to wondering. Thanks for your perspective.

·
Premium Member
14,147 Posts
So I guess my next ? is that is it more of something you feel and not necessarily something you see with actions? I guess I'm a little confused as to how one "acts" passionate. It almost seems is if it's there its there, or not....
I believe how someone treats us...if we love them back...this revs our passion for each other. My husband has said some things in a moment that were so touching, I'd tear up, his feelings for me are very passionate, he has teared up too. Intense feelings is about passion.

When I am into something, no matter what it is... I tend to be very passionate about it. This brings me happiness, to do and be what I enjoy - living my passions.

For example I would say that I still sometimes get butterflies when my H looks at me, or when he comes home from a business trip. Or like some said in the way we kiss. Would you call that passion?
You feel loved & stirred by him, I'd say you are feeling passion - those are feeling that are rising within you towards your husband.

2ntnuf said:The act of sex does not have to include passion.

I've never looked at sex this way....I have never separated the emotional from the sexual - so for me, passion was always present.

Found this on the net, I so agree >>>
Passion is intense feeling, strong excitement, strong affection, love, intense desire and enthusiasm. You can have passion for anything or anyone. We all have a basic need to feel passion. In other words, passion or being passionate is the fire in our eyes, in our bodies and in our lives that drives us forward, whether it is for work, our hobbies or for our relationships.

When people lose passion or fire in their lives or in their relationships, you can see the results. Having passion is a way of living every moment of your life to its fullest. It means being truthful, being both powerful and vulnerable, having a willingness to stay and go deeper and taking responsibility for creating what we want in our lives.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well you can have sex with someone you are not attracted to. To me passion is just a high intensity attraction. I'd be curious to know what you think the distinction is.

·
Premium Member
17,770 Posts
Well you can have sex with someone you are not attracted to. To me passion is just a high intensity attraction. I'd be curious to know what you think the distinction is.
Please don't put words in my mouth.

If I am not attracted to a woman, I cannot "get it up". So, I physically cannot have sex.

·
Premium Member
17,770 Posts
I didn't put any words in your mouth. Lot's of men can easily get it up for any woman regardless without any kind of attraction.
It's new to me.

So, are you saying, by extrapolation, if you see a woman sick in bed throwing up, with fever and diarhea, just trying to rest and get a little sleep when she can, you could get it up and have sex with her?

I gotta believe this would be some really weird form of attraction.

This is where love, respect and compassion take over for me. Not sex.

Will you explain further, please? I obviously do not understand.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.