Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short history: three weeks ago my wife said she wants a separation when the lease on our rent house is up. That will be in November. She insists that right now she does not want a divorce and still loves me, and has since said she feels like she's falling in love withe all over again. She's going through a midlife crisis and is fearful of turning 50. She's 47 now. She says she wants to live on her own for a while to prove to herself that she can do it. It's about her freedom, she says. She's always done what everyone else expected of her and wants to live free for a while.

Okay, fine. But she's not wearing her wedding ring anymore. And when she does wear it she puts it on the opposite hand. I want to hear from a woman's perspective what you think this means? Is it to emotionally distance herself while she figures out what she wants? Is she advertising to other men that she's available? Please offer some insight!

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
I know what it means to me when I don't wear mine. Perhaps the married and single women here will also tell me what they think it means when a man doesn't wear the ring.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Holy ****, I thought we finally got past all of this pathetic idiocy in your last thread on this exact topic.
The first thread didn’t take. You asked all the questions got all the same answers and the same basic advice from everyone here - but you couldn’t seem to grasp it.

Then you started a second thread on the exact same topic, asking the exact same questions and you got all of the exact same answers from all of the people once again. This time, by the end it seemed like you were finally starting to comprehend and acknowledge the obvious reality of your situation. It seemed like it was finally starting to get through.

And now here we are with the third thread, on the exact same topic, asking the exact same questions about the exact same ridiculous situation.

if this is for real, you deserve whatever you get at this point.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy ****, I thought we finally got past all of this pathetic idiocy in your last thread on this exact topic.
The first thread didn’t take. You asked all the questions got all the same answers and the same basic advice from everyone here - but you couldn’t seem to grasp it.

Then you started a second thread on the exact same topic, asking the exact same questions and you got all of the exact same answers from all of the people once again. This time, by the end it seemed like you were finally starting to comprehend and acknowledge the obvious reality of your situation. It seemed like it was finally starting to get through.

And now here we are with the third thread, on the exact same topic, asking the exact same questions about the exact same ridiculous situation.

if this is for real, you deserve whatever you get at this point.
Dude, I just want to know what the women think as to why a woman would do this when we are currently living under the same roof. I haven't wavered from my last post - there will NOT be a separation happening. Once the lease is up it's either we stay together or get a divorce.

My question is why she is doing this RIGHT NOW. What's the hurry? Is it to advertise or for her own emotional state of mind?.

·
Registered
489 Posts
She’s looking to trade up. If she can, she’s gone. If she can’t, she stays.
Which does not mean undecided. She is very decided. She has clearly already decided that she doesn’t want you, and if she can find anything better than you she’s gone.

And even if she stays because she can’t get a better man to commit to her, she clearly does not respect you, is not in love with you, and has nothing but distain for you. Why the **** would YOU want to stay with that?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She’s looking to trade up. If she can, she’s gone. If she can’t, she stays.
So as to why she's doing this right now, you're saying it is so she can find a potential replacement for me to take over as her significant other as soon as the lease is up? That would indicate she's not comfortable out of a relationship and needs to jump from one man to another with no in between.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I want to hear from a woman's perspective what you think this means? Is it to emotionally distance herself while she figures out what she wants? Is she advertising to other men that she's available? Please offer some insight!
It means “I’m not committed.”

She’s ALREADY emotionally distanced herself. There is zero confusion on her part.

It is either an advertisement of availability or a statement for her new boyfriend. Perhaps both.

She won’t even put it on the correct finger but takes the time to put it on... smh. Would you like me to hire a sky writer to spell it out? You are her distant, distant back up option if all else fails. You are her very last resort. She says only what serves to keep you as the last resort. Not even a plan B... more like a plan Z.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
So as to why she's doing this right now, you're saying it is so she can find a potential replacement for me to take over as her significant other as soon as the lease is up?
she’s not wearing her ring because she wa to others to think she’s not married and approach her, or so others whom she is chasing will believe she’s separated or divorced.

she has no intention of returning to you unless she is forced to.

Your need to reconcile the obvious with your hopes—- good luck but it’s not gonna happen.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
It means “I’m not committed.”

She’s ALREADY emotionally distanced herself. There is zero confusion on her part.

It is either an advertisement of availability or a statement for her new boyfriend. Perhaps both.

She won’t even put it on the correct finger but takes the time to put it on... smh. Would you like me to hire a sky writer to spell it out? You are her distant, distant back up option if all else fails. You are her very last resort. She says only what serves to keep you as the last resort. Not even a plan B... more like a plan Z.
Hoped you’d read this again. Exactly correct.

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
Your wife has her ass in the store window and she’s waiting for interested gentlemen to sample the goods on offer.
If she doesn’t get any or even if she does but they’re not suitable for a long term relationship she will have some fun times for a year or so but then will probably come back to good old plan B.
That’s you in case you’re wondering.
Don’t ever be anyone’s plan B.
Plan B never becomes plan A.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The wedding ring on the wrong hand is code for being available, despite being married. As a woman, I don't know why she doesn't just take the ring off altogether instead of rubbing your nose in it. It's cruel behavior, especially from someone who continues trying to convince you that she loves you.

I know she's saying all the pretty words to you, but pay attention to her actions, not her words.\

I'm sorry this is happening, but you have got to stand up for yourself.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Dude, I just want to know what the women think as to why a woman would do this when we are currently living under the same roof. I haven't wavered from my last post - there will NOT be a separation happening. Once the lease is up it's either we stay together or get a divorce.

My question is why she is doing this RIGHT NOW. What's the hurry? Is it to advertise or for her own emotional state of mind?.
When I was on the verge of filing for divorce, I stopped wearing my ring. I felt like I had been punched in the stomach when I took it off.

It isn’t a good sign when your wife no longer wants to feel claimed. She took it off because she doesn’t want to feel married and likely hasn’t felt married for a while.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Dude, I just want to know what the women think as to why a woman would do this when we are currently living under the same roof.
It means psychologically, she's already jettisoned your azz. And why shouldn't she already have something already lined up when youre out of the picture? Most folks have no trouble quickly replacing a tv or a car that they no longer want.

Reactions: QuietRiot
1 - 20 of 46 Posts