Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sat here watching a film, and it occurred to me I don't know what I miss the most about my husband,
His company: still have it, he rings me and texts me all day, staying here at night
The closeness: although he's here every night I miss hugging him, kissing him, just saying I love you
His love: I know he still loves me, somewhere within him, but miss hearing him say it
Sleeping next to him: just falling asleep in his arms or just knowing he is laid next to me
The sex: yeah, I really miss the sex, the amazing connection we had, feeling desired, sexy, confident, can't bear the thought of having to start it all again with someone else, he's the only person I've slept within over 8 years
Been a family: I miss feeling like we could take on the world together

Just want it all back :(
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My beautiful wife when she was her fun loving self.

My beautiful baby boy who she took away because I was very sick.

How we used to say we were just a couple of kids trying to make a go of it in the world.

Turns out we couldn't make it.
I'm sorry, I too always thought we would make it, through anything, :(
Are you getting better now? X
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I miss having someone that just understands the ins and outs of being me.

True, i know everything about my husband and him me, I spent 8 years with this man, know him completely, supported him through everything, but in the end, did it ever mean anything to him?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
619 Posts
True, i know everything about my husband and him me, I spent 8 years with this man, know him completely, supported him through everything, but in the end, did it ever mean anything to him?
Posted via Mobile Device
Well... as the one that left my marriage I can honestly say I am sure it did. My STBX was very supportive in many aspects of my life, and it is definitely one of the things that I miss the most about him. Having to trudge along on your own is hard, but in my case I just couldn't get over some of the past no matter how much I wanted to.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I don't miss anything. I'd like him to do us all a favor and chug a quart or two of antifreeze and put himself out of his misery.

A year or two ago I would've missed something or other like his company and sex and I recall feeling that way but he's turned into a mutation of the man I once knew and loved. I have no desire for him to touch me now and can't stand being around him. He's just a smelly, vindictive, vitriolic, disgusting drunk. A piece of carrion that should be swept into a deep pit and buried. :mad:

Next time I'll tell you all how I REALLY feel. :D

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
The last thing I need to sit here and dwell about is the sht I miss about him...

it's not going to help in my recovery...or keep me with my already difficult 180. Got to pass for now..

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I miss my best friend. The person I could watch and talk about Nascar with. Sing songs in the car with. Walk and talk about the future. Sit on the beach and touch toes in the sand. Watch her in her towel blow drying her hair. The smell of her skin. The warmth from her as we lid in bed. The warm touch on my shoulder when she would come up behind me. Wipe ice cream from the corner on her lip.

Should I go on?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The last thing I need to sit here and dwell about is the sht I miss about him...

it's not going to help in my recovery...or keep me with my already difficult 180. Got to pass for now..

I'm sorry, the last thing I wanted to do was cause upset, I was just curious as to if there were certain parts of the relationship people missed, there are certainly things I don't miss too. I didn't intend to hinder your recovery
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
15,063 Posts
Company: Yeah my wife still calls/texts regularly, as we've stopped the whirlpool, we've been rebuilding our relationship.
The closeness: Yeah I miss this, but we still have it... sort of, though it's unpleasant subjects =/
Her love: My wife still tells me whenever she can, even though I don't recipocate, it hurts really.
Sleeping next to her: Yeah, I miss her warmth, it feels weird really. I no longer have anyone to hold. But at the same time, it's easier to sleep alone then with someone. I hate it whenever I'm stuck in uncomfortable positions while she's fast asleep and trying to reposition myself lol
Been a family: Well, guess my wife and I still have that.

I am missing her more and more each passing day, but I know that if I take her back now, even if she's going to be happy - it will jeopardise our chances for healing and change to our toxic dynamics.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't miss anything. I'd like him to do us all a favor and chug a quart or two of antifreeze and put himself out of his misery.

A year or two ago I would've missed something or other like his company and sex and I recall feeling that way but he's turned into a mutation of the man I once knew and loved. I have no desire for him to touch me now and can't stand being around him. He's just a smelly, vindictive, vitriolic, disgusting drunk. A piece of carrion that should be swept into a deep pit and buried. :mad:

Next time I'll tell you all how I REALLY feel. :D
Ahhhhh love, it's a beautiful thing :rofl:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I miss being able to say 3 little words for risk of pushing her further away.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I spend all my time trying not to miss her. Last thing I want to do it is make a list. It would be a mile long probably. Instead I'd rather focus on what I don't miss about her.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
I miss watching him play hours, upon hours, of Black Ops.

Wait.

No I don't.

:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: vi_bride04

·
Registered
357 Posts
I miss watching him play hours, upon hours, of Black Ops.

Wait.

No I don't.

:)
Posted via Mobile Device
:rofl:

I was telling a friend the other day...

"I love the fact that I no longer am subjected to hours upon hours of stupid video games and that I no longer have to watch the kung fu movies that I don't like!"

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
:rofl:

I was telling a friend the other day...

"I love the fact that I no longer am subjected to hours upon hours of stupid video games and that I no longer have to watch the kung fu movies that I don't like!"
Hahaha.

I know every spot to "camp" on every Black Ops map.

I also know the MTV evening line-up...at 31 years old.

I am so stoked that I never, again, have to see Pauly D or Jwoww.

:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.