Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my husband and I haven't been getting along the last few months. i have found a girl on his phone which he lied about and asked him if he has ever sent pics and he said no. In the past i had caught him on dating websites and setting up ways to cheat and put an end to it. We had been getting along pretty good the last 2weeks and then i found his single profile on a sex dating website. asked if he had any other email accounts he said no. in getting the password for this site to delete his account i found out he had 3 other email accounts and has been messaging all sorts of girls posing as single and saying things like i miss talking to someone as beautiful as you and trying to find ways to hook up since may of this year. Which is the month after i found out we were pregnant with our 4th child (planned btw). I confronted him and he said he will give me his word it will never happen again and we can forget it or get a divorce my decision. I have deleted every account i found but don't know how to get past everything i saw and read including hey sexy girl and pics of him to the girls. I am still madly in love with him, been together for 7 years and have 3 kids already. i need some help in now what do i do?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Heart,
Im so sorry you are going through this!
You will receive plenty of posts and recomendations.
This will not be easy. Your husband has a problem and if the relationship is going to make it he is not going
be able to fly straight and true by himself.

Can you tell us a bit more about your support system, family, friends, church, etc.

Also your ages, kids ages, any other cheating history for you or him.
Is this a first marriage for both of you?
Are you both workkng?
Do you have access to all phone, computer/email, work email, fb, etc accounts?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my 2nd marriage, my daughter is 9, he treats her like his daughter though and our boys are 5 and 3. I have family and one really close friend but i don't like telling my family because they can be judgemental and biased towards him then. I am also ashamed to have people know how our relationship is. He works 5-12 hour days and I am a stay at home mom. He is the type of guy who rarely shows affection so seeing to other women is very hard. The worse part now is i cannot stop seeing and thinking about it. I know now times he told me I could stay late at my parents or take my time someplace was so he could go online and chat or try to hook up even though he never has and i know that much is true. So now i am too worried to leave him home by himself and always wondering if girls have his number or not. I want us to work out in the worse way and I am even calling therapists today. He says he sometimes just gets the urge to let loose and he loves me and is not looking to replace me. Now it's weird to talk not knowing what to say to him and he acts like a lot of it is me. I have always said I'll take half the blame but really it's a lot of him and me trying to make him happy. He said if we can't forget about this then it will take forever to get happy if that is even possible. what do i do with that/ how do i just let it go?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Re: need advice on how to cope....

As hard as it would have been to do, you should have chosen option two, get a divorce. Who does he think he is giving you this kind of ultimatum? You would've shocked him back into reality by kicking him out.

Your weakness is obvious and he's taking advantage of it. Things won't get better until you take control of the situation.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: what to do?

Him saying it will never happen again is one thing, but I think it is vitally important that you get to the bottom of why he was doing what he was doing. Sounds like he wants it swept under the carpet. It would be a big mistake to do that, in my opinion. You deserve better than just an 'it won't happen again'.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Heart,
Thanks for your reply.
Im sorry to tell you that you just cant rush to happy.
on this, you want to make it work, at least for now.
That is importtant to know. You love him and want whats best for him, and the whole family.
I hope you can realize your goal here.
At some point you may have to start making plans if it doed not,
so you need to be mentally ready for either.
There are a lot of stops between here and failure so dont be discouraged.
But being mentally ready will help you be a bit more objective in this.

Go to your control pannel and,
Please pm a mod and have this moved to the infidelity section the posters you need will liklely not see it in the ladys lounge. Or just copy all this and start a new thread there.
Take care
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
141 Posts
You need to read and inform yourself about serial cheaters.
He seems to have built a lifestyle (fantasy or reality) that revolves around lying to you.

I am so sorry, and I hopw that you can work through this dilema. It sounds like you want to stay married?
Is that true?

If so, you are going to have quite a bit of work cut out for you.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I am sorry to say but it is time to call him on his crap. What he is doing is not acceptable. You either need to agree to an open marriage or cut your losses. When you get sick and tired, draw up divorce papers. Present them to him with a choice of giving up the extra attention or let you go. You have been playing misses nice gal. NO MORE!!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
And by the way....he does not call the shots. You guys can work on the relationship, but you have to talk about the issues. You cannot make this work by ignoring it.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Well his word means crap. Just because he said I'll stop doesn't mean he will. You have to stay vigilant. You need to set in stone what will happen if you find him on those sites. If it means that you D or at least proceed with D until he commits fully back into the marriage. He is attempting to rug sweep everything as to avoid real problem which is his addiction to chasing women and the fun of flirting and being playful. He doesn't get that some of those women are real and could easily lead to an A. It can all go from playful fun to a fullblown EA or a ONS in as little as a day. You have every right to be concerned. I would require he start seeing an individual councilor to help him understand why he feels the need to seek women's attention outside of marriage. I would also recommend a Marriage councilor. Doing nothing and just taking his word will lead you on a highway straight to the Coping with Infidelity part of the forum.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Heartbroken30,

I am so sorry you find yourself here. I know it is especially hard finding out about your husband's continued behavior while pregnant.

You need to know, you aren't alone. There are many of us, men and women, who have been through and/or are going through what you are. You didn't make him do this. It isn't your fault. YOU DESERVE BETTER!

Please go to the Coping with Infidelity portion of this website and read the newbie posts at the top. You will find invaluable information there to help you get through this.

I want to point out you have NOTHING to be ashamed of. Your husband is the one that should be ashamed. Not telling anyone about your husband's behavior will hurt you more in the end. You need a release from this dark secret you have been carrying for too long.

*hugs*

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am so glad I have found this site. I have posted in the coping with infidelity also and am feeling better than before. It is definitely har when I love him so much and want nothing more than to have a happy marriage with him. he has agreed to therapy and has taken full responsibility for his actions. Just has no idea how to communicate at all and therefore we need counseling. Thank you so much

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Heart,
After reading these posts you are starting to get an idea of the road you are on.
First you need to look at your options and come up with a plan!!
Dont just rush into somthing. Bring your plan here. If you update your thread many good posters will stick with you and give you support.

There is an order to how things should be done, in general, confront, expose, establish controls, and counceling etc.

You seem like a very capable person, can you do this?
Keep in touch, take care!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
982 Posts

I agree with tony, what a douche bag. An ultimatum of putting up with his bullsh!t lies or go through the divorce process while pregnant?

Kick him out, and tell him that after he decides to recommit to the marriage you'll think about letting him back in.

This may sound extreme to you, but this needs to be quashed fast. If he ever does hook up and go physical hes gonna get hooked, and it'll be that much harder to unhook him.

Hes taking advantage of your passiveness.

I once had a friend whose husband threatened her with divorce over and over again saying how much she chains down his life and future.

When she had ass served with papers after all his talk he went catatonic and was begging the next day.

I'm not saying for you to do the same tho.

Your husband is doing nothing but blowing hot air, but instead of just getting buffeted by it you need to follow up on his crap and get angry with him.

Let him know you won't stand for it, and if he wants to do it so badly hes gonna half to text his wh0res from a crappy run down hotel instead of the family home.

·
Registered
36 Posts

In your post you stated what I think he is lacking. You are still madly inlove with him. This type of love is hard to control and to walk away from. Demand some honesty and prepare yourself for what he might say. If he can not be honest with you about wanting to sleep with other people leave him. There is nothing wrong with having your cake and eating it too as long as the feeling is mutual, based on trust, and communication

·
Registered
9,246 Posts

Have a look at the links in my sig, especially the one for CWI newbies. There are several things you need to do
- Get tested for STD's stat
- STOP having sex with him until you know he is clean
- insist that he give you all his passwords to EVERYTHING - phone, email, laptop, bank statements, credit card statements, EVERYthing.
- insist that he prove to you that he has deleted everything on line
- consider a keylogger to verify for yourself what he's up to

If he balks at ANY of this, kick his sorry ass out the door.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Heart,

It's good to hear that he has taken full responsibility for his actions. Don't feel bad about yourself at all… It is extremely common for cheaters to blame shift onto their innocent spouse.

I'm sure that both you and he now realize that his ultimatum approach of "forget about it or let's just divorce, I don't want to deal with it" is a load of crock. It's his way of taking control and making it your fault if the marriage fails… I can literally hear his train of thought in my head, and it's bull hockey.

This is going to be a difficult journey if you are committed to saving your marriage. Even though you might not feel it now because you're so desperate to get him back, I can virtually guarantee that some trust issues are going to be surfacing in the future on your end. I suspect that, as others have said, your husband is a serial cheater… Even if his serial cheating is only in a fantasy world online. This is certainly not an impenetrable roadblock, but just be aware that you really need to watch her husband like a hawk. Lying clearly comes easily to him and it sounds like he's much better at manipulating you than you are at detecting it, so tread carefully.

If both you and he are committed to marriage counseling, that's great, but it's going to take a lifestyle change on his end to truly rekindle your relationship. Don't feel like simply being in counseling in and of itself will get your relationship back on track… It will take change, endurance and most of all, love.

If this happens again, get angry. Seriously.

But of course, I hope it doesn't happen again. Keep us updated! We're rootin' for you.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Wow I just typed a post and went to post and saw Jelichmann's post, and he said it all, but I gonna post it anyway since I took the time to write it.

Heart,
Read the newbie ink as recomended. remember to Like (bottom right corner) posts that help you . This will will let the poster know.

I think you are seeing that you need to take action with him. You have more of a plan than I could tell from your first post, i'm glad.

You are starting to to look tougher, keep it up
You have every right to expect a mature relationship and to be loved back!

I agree that he is trying to take advantage of your "passive niceness"

If you are going to make this work as you say,than that has to be gone forever! Count the cost, its your decision.

Your husbands problem will take time to be resolved if ever.
I believe these hookups are all about validation, they become an addiction, and to the extent that he does them to that extent it means that he is not bonding with you. Not saying he does not care, but he is un-reachable in his emotions to that same degree.

Is this fixable?
Yes. But he needs help, accountablity, and a understaning of what his problem is and on top of that he has "got to have the want to"

The two statements below are an inane attempt on his part to control the consequences , please dont fall for it

"I confronted him and he said he will give me his word it will never happen again and we can forget it or get a divorce my decision."

"He said if we can't forget about this then it will take forever to get happy if that is even possible. what do i do with that/ how do i just let it go?"

Let us know how therapy goes, and keep us updated!

Take care!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.