Talk About Marriage banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
12,977 Posts
Conan, did not read your initial quote accurately (no cheaters on to see) prior to my response. Still wounded, I would say not severely anymore, but let’s call it minimal. I am light years from where I was four plus years ago. Carpe diem is my axiom towards life at the moment. Life is good.

i just got off the phone with one of my best pals From the Corps who I refer to as “captain” long story but one day captain went from E-4 to O-3 self promotion. I will call it. Long story but thankfully he was never discovered.

He reminded me of when I and a few buddies was arrested for beating the hell of of some guys who jumped us when I was a Pendelton and went into LA on leave. We had to go to court, and we put on our finest, ”borrowed“ medals from some fellows for our court appearance. The judge looked at us all “highly decorated“ fellows and dismissed our case. We were pulling those medals of as fast as we could as we exited the court house. Point being Marines take care of Marines.

As I type this I have a smile on my face a mile wide. Good times. I have had a wonderful life despite it all. Conan, something tells me you would have made a fine Marine.
That is high praise and I do not regard it lightly.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
As it pertains to karma, I've seen the POSOM (doctor) pretty much lose everything. Suspended from practicing medicine, arrested for assault and publicly shamed in the process, and last we heard- moved back to his home state to try to start over.

All because he finally screwed around with the wrong folks. Haven't heard anything about him in months, and don't care one bit...but man this was sweeter than any punch to the gut I could've given him, and he did it all to himself.
I will paraphrase what I told my wife when she was pissed at my exposure of her diallance...He who does not wish to be ****ed with does not **** over....

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I found his phone, confirmed what I thought was happening, then woke him up and told him to hide his gun from me. I stayed calm, cold, and rational. He was confused, so I told him again, "Get up, find your handgun and hide it somewhere I would never think to look". I told him to come find me when he was done. Once I knew it was where I could not find it, I let all of the rage fly. He later told me how scared he was of me at that moment, because he knew how serious I was.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
A couple of days after DDay, I went by my house while my FWW was gone, took and heirloom 100 + year old bed to my farm , at night I built a bon fire tossed the bed into the flames and took a photo and a video while I sang a line from a George Strait song “Just Give It Away”....that old four poster bed where all that love was made ...just give it away...LOL. Sent photo and video to FWW. Needless to say I drove home my point...although now looking back I wish I hadn’t ..Oh well. It worked.

I still, after all this time, can't believe you would burn an heirloom bed over 100 years old. A nightstand maybe?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well I’m not as strong as you.
The truth is, I don’t talk to him or have his social media accounts because of what it would do to me. It would kill me and torture me.

He still tries to contact me even though he’s blocked. It’s been 1.5 years Of not talking or seeing each other, and he keeps emailing me and the other day he texted my brother to ask about me.
I’ve never responded, and my family knows not to talk to him either. He’s making it hard for me to forget him.
So sorry you have to deal with this still, but happy it's sticking him good. I'm trying to get the ex to finalize our settlement, so I can move on. It's dragging on and I just want to close the door on him forever.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I still, after all this time, can't believe you would burn an heirloom bed over 100 years old. A nightstand maybe?
Lol! I can’t either Pam, but I was working on a pretty good mad at the time. It did drive home the point to my FWW that I was a tad angry. i just felt our marriage bed had been soiled. I did feel somewhat better after doing that. Now I wish I had taken my rage out on something else.

PS: Had the super perfecta Saturday on the Arkansas Derby.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I'm not interested in heirlooms especially defiled marriage beds.

He was far more of a gentleman than I would have been. I think he was fairly well balanced in his reactions.
Conan, you must be a real bad ass sir. I was not a gentleman at the time. After I burned the bed, I used language towards my FWW, that I never used the whole time we were together. For the record they never did it in our bed, if they did, i would be single right now. I was just pissed and wanted to strike back at her by destroying something she loved.

She did see me at my angriest. She told me she hopes she never runs into that guy I was again. She said I can be down right scary. If you saw the DI in “Full Metal Jacket”.....that was me that day.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If they had sex in my house, it would have taken every friend I have holding me down to stop me from burning the entire house down!!

For me, some sins are unforgivable!!!
I filed immediately and never looked back. I still look upon that decision as the single best decision in my life

personally, I believe that marriages are like stools in that it depends on 3 legs...
Love
Respect
Trust

i don’t believe someone could love you and still sleep with another person. No matter what the condition of the marriage, how could love someone and cause the level of devastation and pain to the so called loved on by your selfish behavior of sleeping with someone else?

The cheater certainly doesn’t respect you and therefore sleeps with another person. It would be the epitome of DISrespect if they even brought their lover into your home, let alone allow them to have your spouse in your bed!

And as for trust, how could you ever trust your cheating spouse again? How can you not wonder if she is in bed or the back seat with someone else anytime she is 10 minutes late. Or sure, you could keep constant watch over all of her electronics and watch the tracking program on their phone, but is that the life anyone really wants? That doesn’t sound like a marriage to me.

And yes, I will agree that a stool can still work if one of the legs is damaged, but them it is just too uncomfortable to be useful.

As for my post d-day, the best thing I did was buy a heavy punching bag and set it up in my basement. It got a great deal of use. Looking back on it, I’m shocked I never broke my hand or any fingers.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
My grandmother was a huge antique collector, and I was trained at her side for most of my life.

Good going on the Arkansas Derby! I didn't realize they were actually running this year with the pandemic panic.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
My grandmother was a huge antique collector, and I was trained at her side for most of my life.

Good going on the Arkansas Derby! I didn't realize they were actually running this year with the pandemic panic.
Running but no fans. Look for Baffert to take the Kentucky Derby this year with Charlatan. I do not see any other pony on the horizon that can beat him. Charlatan reminds me of Justify.

Your grandmother would probably not like me LOL. I did try to find a similar bed when we reconciled to replace ours, but hard to do. I told my wife at least I did not burn the entire bedroom set.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Not exactly a reaction to Dday situation but I banged her aunt and her sister.

·
Administrator
43,641 Posts
He was cheating with more than one woman. I called each of the women, they each thought that they were the love of his life and did not believe it when I told them he was cheating on them. It was really weird.

I fixed that for him... I hacked his email accounts and other online accounts and downloaded all the messages, emails, etc. Then I zipped them all up and sent them to all the other women. That way they all got to see all of his communications for the pervious 2 years with all the other women. For example he wrote a love poem and emailed it to each of them. Oh, and I also gave them all each others email addresses and phone numbers.

After that he was hiding from all of them.

That's just one of things that I did.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
He was cheating with more than one woman. I called each of the women, they each thought that they were the love of his life and did not believe it when I told them he was cheating on them. It was really weird.

I fixed that for him... I hacked his email accounts and other online accounts and downloaded all the messages, emails, etc. Then I zipped them all up and sent them to all the other women. That way they all got to see all of his communications for the pervious 2 years with all the other women. For example he wrote a love poem and emailed it to each of them. Oh, and I also gave them all each others email addresses and phone numbers.

Hell hath no fury.....love it. Well played EleGirl. Impressive.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)

I am curious at what his reactions was towards you after he was outed in what I can say again was in spectacular fashion. Did he use the typical cheaterspeak, “its not what it looks like”,etc. I will say that act tops my exposure via facebook of my FWW.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Just came across this thread, hope I am not to late.

Married 30 years, I paid off all my business debt, and decided that I could spend some time working on my marriage. I googled "My wife doesnt love me anymore" and TAM came up. I started reading and studying the ideas to help with a marriage, did a number of them, started to notice my marriage improving, then nothing..... In my readings I learned of the ILYBNILWY speech. One night she gave me that speech. I went hmmmmmm. So after she fell asleep that night I looked at her phone to discover texts with a mutual friend that were out of line. So now its 1 am. I get up. Load my 12 gauge with 00 shot, drove to the POS home with the intent of walking down the side of his truck with that 00 shot making holes. I arrive at his home (now 2am) decided that I might want to check for police, so I drive slowly around a three block area to check for cops. During the drive, I told myself "Hoosier, you are going to jail. Who wins if you go to jail?" My mind cleared, I then drove back to my home, a few blocks away, hooked up to POS trailer that was parked in my driveway. Drove it down the interstate about 12 miles, pulled into a parking area used by commuters. Removed the license plate, and the registration papers, pulled a sign I made that simply said FREE , attached the sign and drove off, tearing up the registration and throwing it out the window as I drove, threw the plate in the lake. Next day by 9am the trailer was gone!

61 - 80 of 102 Posts