Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days after DDay, I went by my house while my FWW was gone, took and heirloom 100 + year old bed to my farm , at night I built a bon fire tossed the bed into the flames and took a photo and a video while I sang a line from a George Strait song “Just Give It Away”....that old four poster bed where all that love was made ...just give it away...LOL. Sent photo and video to FWW. Needless to say I drove home my point...although now looking back I wish I hadn’t ..Oh well. It worked.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My reactions can be rather inappropriate at times, so DD was a really all over the place day for me. I ran hot and cold all at once. Hurt to the core in tears, and then angry and ice cold. I didn't get much information, he refused to speak and I drilled him mercilessly while I examined him for a reaction. I'll never forget the cold, detached way he looked at me knowing that he did the very thing he knew was a complete dealbreaker.

Apparently I shocked the ****s out of him b/c I laughed and laughed my head off when he told me who it was (a 19 y/o who looked so childlike I never sniffed her out as a threat but was annoyed when she sent her crappy baked goods home, which immediately went to the trash) and said it was appropriate b/c he wasn't man enough for me, and I saw why he was scared of sex. Then asked if he used protection, and seeing as he didn't and she wasn't a virgin, he'd best get tested stat to see what he caught from whoever else she was ****ing. The look on his face was gold like he never considered that possibility.

A few days later I texted him to let him know I was getting tested to see what his ho and her lovers passed on and that my doctor advised me to do it again in a few months to make sure he hadn't infected me. All I could think was Thank God I had my hysterectomy when I did, I already had a Uterine cancer scare 6 years before after my last surgery. The ****er came at me while he was screwing his ho to see if we "had a spark" and me being so pathetically happy he wanted to have sex didn't question it at the time.

I didn't allow myself to fly into a rage, bc I stupidly wanted him back at the time and I didn't want to alienate him. I still maintained civility after I decided to file b/c he couldn't make up his freaking mind what to do... as usual. We're divorced and I still haven't got nasty or vengeful and I don't plan to. We're finalizing our financial disentanglements, I haven't told him where I moved and I'm just going to walk away and never speak to him again. He already regrets it, he keeps trying to be "friends" asking me how I am when we've had to contact each other and I've just ignored everything that didn't pertain to the issue.

No clue if I'm going to explode now that it's nearly done... Has anyone had a delayed reaction? DD was 09/03/19 for me. I've just been focusing on keeping my **** together and moving on as best as I can. I have been out with other men and am seeing one now, I don't know if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
871 Posts
My reactions can be rather inappropriate at times, so DD was a really all over the place day for me. I ran hot and cold all at once. Hurt to the core in tears, and then angry and ice cold. I didn't get much information, he refused to speak and I drilled him mercilessly while I examined him for a reaction. I'll never forget the cold, detached way he looked at me knowing that he did the very thing he knew was a complete dealbreaker.

Apparently I shocked the ****s out of him b/c I laughed and laughed my head off when he told me who it was (a 19 y/o who looked so childlike I never sniffed her out as a threat but was annoyed when she sent her crappy baked goods home, which immediately went to the trash) and said it was appropriate b/c he wasn't man enough for me, and I saw why he was scared of sex. Then asked if he used protection, and seeing as he didn't and she wasn't a virgin, he'd best get tested stat to see what he caught from whoever else she was ****ing. The look on his face was gold like he never considered that possibility.

A few days later I texted him to let him know I was getting tested to see what his ho and her lovers passed on and that my doctor advised me to do it again in a few months to make sure he hadn't infected me. All I could think was Thank God I had my hysterectomy when I did, I already had a Uterine cancer scare 6 years before after my last surgery. The ****er came at me while he was screwing his ho to see if we "had a spark" and me being so pathetically happy he wanted to have sex didn't question it at the time.

I didn't allow myself to fly into a rage, bc I stupidly wanted him back at the time and I didn't want to alienate him. I still maintained civility after I decided to file b/c he couldn't make up his freaking mind what to do... as usual. We're divorced and I still haven't got nasty or vengeful and I don't plan to. We're finalizing our financial disentanglements, I haven't told him where I moved and I'm just going to walk away and never speak to him again. He already regrets it, he keeps trying to be "friends" asking me how I am when we've had to contact each other and I've just ignored everything that didn't pertain to the issue.

No clue if I'm going to explode now that it's nearly done... Has anyone had a delayed reaction? DD was 09/03/19 for me. I've just been focusing on keeping my **** together and moving on as best as I can. I have been out with other men and am seeing one now, I don't know if that makes a difference.
We have almost the same DD date. I had my delayed reaction at about the second or third month. I don't think seeing somebody else makes a difference because it is a very personal thing that only you can work through.

·
Registered
229 Posts
We have almost the same DD date. I had my delayed reaction at about the second or third month. I don't think seeing somebody else makes a difference because it is a very personal thing that only you can work through.
I've had some serious medical challenges alongside this divorce (kidney stone for Christmas, then kidney infection about 6 weeks ago), so that may have distracted me enough, plus I started grad school on 10/19. I kinda let my libido loose after being cooped up for a good decade, this kitten has developed CLAWS!

I find that helps a lot. I decided the pity party is over, time for self-care. I just got freaking tired of crying, you know? How have you been doing lately? Are you able to keep your mind occupied enough these days?

·
Registered
871 Posts
I've had some serious medical challenges alongside this divorce (kidney stone for Christmas, then kidney infection about 6 weeks ago), so that may have distracted me enough, plus I started grad school on 10/19. I kinda let my libido loose after being cooped up for a good decade, this kitten has developed CLAWS!

I find that helps a lot. I decided the pity party is over, time for self-care. I just got freaking tired of crying, you know? How have you been doing lately? Are you able to keep your mind occupied enough these days?
I have the kids and work that keeps me pretty busy. I guess the way I got better was I told myself that I was, if that makes sense. I have days that I think about it but they are only passing thoughts and then I move on. What helps is that karma hit the STBXW harder then I ever could.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just asked for the ring back. She was the one filled with rage. She couldn't believe that I would dump her. She was sitting in my car and took the ring off and threw it. It cracked my windshield.
you must have bought her a good sized diamond. My wife’s engagemet ring diamond was so small it would have had to be shot out of a gun to crack a windshield

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
The day we got divorce we went out to lunch. He thought we were going to be friends for life. There I told him I will never see him, or talk to him ever again. He cried like a baby. When I left, I removed him and his family from all social media, and I blocked all his numbers.
It’s the worst thing I can do to him. He loves attention. I removed myself from the game and haven’t talked to him since.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Confronted the moment I caught her. Next day demanded the ring back. She arrived to my front door were my mom took the ring then slammed the door. I spoke to her once and never again after that. She attempted to contact me a few time since. I don't bother.

·
Registered
19,142 Posts
My ex wife never admitted it, but a couple of days after a friend and her family told me about it, I burned her love letters and a bunch of photos in my mom's bbq (where I had been living).

Then my friends threw me a huge party and I woke up in some girl's bed. From that point on, I started to rebuild my life.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I saw red flags all over the place. I thought she might leave me for this guy she was flirting with but I really believed her that she wasn't sleeping with him. That she would never do that bc he was not her type. Plus she was too smart, too good, too morally upstanding to get involved with a married man. She was very convincing that she just needed the attention. If I had know about this site I would have been told that, duh, to get the attention she was giving sex.

So anyway, I had suspicions. I was 100% sure that, if my suspicions ever were proven true, I would be full of rage. I thought I might actually physically harm her. Instead, when I found out, I confronted her with the proof and then I fell to the floor weeping like a baby. We both cried. We each knew that there would be no coming back from this. Later we lied to ourselves and did try to reconcile but in that moment, the DDay moment, we knew the awful truth that our relationship was over. We mourned the loss together, like a death in the family.

My rage was directed at the MM. To this day, eight years later, I am still taking a toll on his life. If I can, I'll go to my grave thinking of more ways to harm him.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After I got all of the messages recovered and was sure of it, I smashed her old phone into 1000 pieces with a hammer. In front of her.
What was her demeanor after you did that. After I burned the bed my wife knew this ol jarheaded SOB was on the war path. She called me freaked out and crying. I told her get over it.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
As many do, I made the mistake of immediate confrontation. I was at a conference in Las Vegas. Called her at midnight and woke her up, had a 2-3 hour call of despair-laden angst. Didn't sleep all night, had to "perform" at a booth at a conference that next morning. My boss knew something was up, but didn't pry too hard. Flew home that evening, walked in the door about 11pm. She had hot food waiting for me. I ate it, didn't say much. Then she tried to have sex when we went to bed and I refused. She bawled and I felt really satisfied at her pain.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
This is one where I thought that scorched earth was so hot it turned the sand to glass. Had one where she had an affair and as a consequence, he asked her to leave and started a divorce. In retaliation, she put her husband into bankruptcy. She failed to realize that bankruptcy in his profession was a career killer. She accomplished this through illegal means, using her father and a loan document that her husband had signed. He went ballistic. He had payment records but, he lost his professional designation in the bankruptcy. He put a forensic accountant on the case, and said accountant reported that there were no grounds to call the loan, therefore my client was put into bankruptcy illegally. His ex MIL freaked out. She went to his professional licensing body and admitted that they had done this in revenge for him divorcing their daughter. The licensing body was unwilling to reverse their decision. He still had gone bankrupt. The inlaws were absolutely desperate. They tried to settle. In short, his father in law, and his ex wife. They drained their investments and holdings. My client was a good guy, and allowed them to stay in their home until they died. He sold their home. His exW was kicked out of the family by her siblings. They expected millions in bequests. They got nothing. She had to go personally bankrupt as well. My client lives fairly nicely on his FIL's holdings. He could have done better being employed in his profession for the rest of his life. Now, he will occasionally hear from his ex BIL who is still working in his 70's. There are a whole lot of hard feelings all around.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts