Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I too think that the staying in room for 48 hrs is not a healthy sign.
But... I took a different spin on it.

Too me, it looked like you were "testing" her to SEE if she was going to come & check on you.

It says that you "asked" to be left alone.. & retreated to the spare bedroom for 48hrs where she did not check on you once.

And now you're mad at her for honoring your wish of being left alone? You told her to leave you alone, then put her thru a "test" to see if she cared about you... But she did not get any knowledge that this was a test... Did she have any clue that she should be doing anything other than "leaving you alone" as you had requested?

It just does not seem logical that you are mad about that part.

About her bringing up every critical thing you have ever said in each fight... Now that.. You can deal with.
Make a pointed effort not to critize ANYTHING about her in the next two weeks. When you have another discussion & she starts bringing up ancient past... Ask her to keep the discussion to the past two weeks only. That you are turning a new leaf & want discussion & feedback if the change is helping the relationship. Make sure that she is knowlegable that you want to discuss recent two weeks only. But then.. in the same fairness.. You need to address her lack of companionship to you IN THE LASt two weeks only, as well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.