Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
So my husband works a lot. We own our own hot rod shop and he works 12, 13 hour days, six sometimes seven days a week.

Ive excepted this for the most part as it is who he is. We have not been intimate for over a few years. I have worked hard to except that. I am having a big issue with his hygiene though.

I get he is exhausted and tired but you have to shower! He will go a week without taking one. I hate that he climbs into bed like that. Many nights he falls asleep on the couch wakes in middle of night and gets into bed I dont know what time. I mention it to him and he says why didn't you remind me? He is a 55 year old man. I am raising my two year old grand nephew and I need to worry about reminding him to take a shower too?!

Has anyone else dealt with this? Im not bashing him I just would like a clean man.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I don’t know how you get your husband to take a shower other than to say, “take a shower, you stink and it’s gross”.
Who’s coming into his shop buying stuff from a guy who smells and doesn’t take care of himself? Is he actually that salesman or does he stay in the back?

·
Administrator
47,283 Posts
Yep, just tell him that he stinks and needs to take a shower.

How's business in his shop? I would think that his bad hygiene would drive some people to not do business with him.

Your husband sounds depressed. Can you get him into see a doctor and you go with him? Tell the doctor what you are seeing that makes you believe he is depressed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.