Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from the usual clothes and maybe a gadget, I’m thinking of getting him the book “She Comes First”!!!

Also maybe a mug that says "I'm stressed and need a short time out" so he can simply hand me a nice hot drink before he goes off for a cooling off period whenever the need arises to quietly think about whatever is ailing him - then I'll know to just leave him be for a while. (They also have a mug saying “I’m not scared of the silent treatment” – might treat myself to this!)

But I’m still looking for other ideas – what presents have you got up your sleeve to make your spouse smile (or otherwise) this year?

see here for mugs.

·
Registered
450 Posts
What I'm getting my wife is from the National Geographic webstore. My wife is very proud of her heritage and her hometown. So I ordered a puzzle of her hometown with her house as the center. It's very cool.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I already bought the gift from him to me, I couldn't wait and I'm glad I did. I got a 14 cup cuisinart food processor, the discontinued model.:D. I absolutely love it and so does my family since I'm cooking like crazy! I cook quite a bit anyways, but the FP has made my life easier since I like everything made from scratch.

I'm getting hubby new shoes for his bike. He has a triathlon bike and needs new shoes for it.

We usually never exchange gifts, but I really wanted a food processor for making bread. I didn't want my kitchen aid to burn out from the bread since I have an old version and they don't make the kitchen aids solid like this.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dr Rockstar - It's great when you can give something that you know will be 'right up their street' (pun intended).

IILWMH - You are a star for choosing a gift which will benefit not only yourself but the entire family. Can anyone not love the smell of baking bread?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.