Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are trying a seperation. I'm very scared and nervous about where this will lead. I am hoping and praying we are able to find ourselves back on common ground and together. I'm curious to know if anyone has seperated but ended up working things out. Should I really be holding on to hope?

·
Registered
61 Posts
My husband and I are trying a seperation. I'm very scared and nervous about where this will lead. I am hoping and praying we are able to find ourselves back on common ground and together. I'm curious to know if anyone has seperated but ended up working things out. Should I really be holding on to hope?
I'd think "hope" would depend on what the issues were and if the two of
you are working toward fixing those issues. If you're just wanting "time
apart" but not trying to dissect what was wrong, that may be an area
to consider working on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it has been a couple weeks and it isn't working for me very well. I'm still as confused if not more about what he needs and what is going on with him. I personally feel if I was with him I could get a better understanding but he keeps saying he needs to figure things out on his own.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well it has been a couple weeks and it isn't working for me very well. I'm still as confused if not more about what he needs and what is going on with him. I personally feel if I was with him I could get a better understanding but he keeps saying he needs to figure things out on his own.
Does he ever share what it is exactly that he's trying to figure out? Or is
he reluctant to even tell you what it is he needs or thinks he needs?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Would he consider couples therapy so that you can work on it together?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Since he isn't communicating, it might be better for you to concentrate on getting life in order so that you can function better without him. That way you are prepared for any eventuality.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Since he isn't communicating, it might be better for you to concentrate on getting life in order so that you can function better without him. That way you are prepared for any eventuality.
Sound advice here. There are surely some areas in which you can start to
"branch out" and take care of by yourself. Whether or not you ever really need to use it, it's good to have the experience of being able to fully function
solo.

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
The wife and I were on the step about a year ago. The problem was in the communication. Without truth in communication you will always feel lost. With it you will know where you stand. I would make it my best effort to open him up. Tell him it is important for the marriage to have a chance.

I wish you the best.

draconis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.