Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It bothers me when my friend always tells people her kids have blond curly hair when its brown and not curly. How silly, right? I guess because my son is actually blonde. She says he's not though and that his hair is just white lol.

thats my boy!

Here's her kids hair. I edited the face out lol

Some people have issues with Grammar.. I have issues with colors. I -love- color!

What are some of your silly pet peeves. Things that shouldn't bother you, but do.d

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Three of my sons HAD blonde hair when toddlers, one was curly too, but as they grew so did the brownish tint. Bummer.

Pet Peeves...

I don't care for obsessive talkers...we should all be on guard caring if our listener is engaged in the conversation... Give & take is good.

This is a dumb one.... but men who whistle annoy me...like in stores & places out & about.... I know they are happy chaps, but I just want to run from them.... I hate whistling...and humming. It was funny, everyone in my family knows this.. the last Carpet guys who did the kids room upstairs...one of them was a whistler... my husband was making fun of me all day...he knew I wanted to

I can not stand slow drivers, slow cashiers, Rude receptionists, people who waste food .....

People who are offended by another's difference of opinion, especially if they ask.

People who allow their huge monster dog to lick you all over when you go to their house for a party.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Various shades of blonde, kipani. ;)
You son has blonde hair, but it's very pale... and from that pic, it DOES look white. Regardless, I would say blonde. As for the friend's kid...yes, I see blonde in there. Maybe it's how the light hit it that I can see it? IDK. And, her kid's hair isn't AS curly as your son's, but there are definite waves in it. Like my daughter's, if I were to put gel or mousse in it and fluff it a bit, it would show the curls. The kid's hair isn't straight. My youngest son has straight hair. No curl to it whatsoever lol. And he's blonde... DARKER blonde than your son. Just sayin' ;)

So, my pet peeves... hmmm the to, too, two...their, they're, there.... where/were... were/we're.... your, you're, ur.... OMG I absolutely HATE "ur" and all the other text typing. Seriously. Most phones have the option to speak... just say it and let the phone sort it out if you're too lazy to type the word!

Oh, and these kids calling their friends "the husband" or "the wife", etc... not dating, not married, just friends calling each other that. And it isn't even a WORKPLACE kind of thing either! :rant:

Sorry...got carried away there. :p

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
people who live their lives to put a negative spin on EVERY SINGLE THING

people who walk their dog with a collar around its neck instead of using a harness. how would you like it if someone led you around by a thick strap latched around your neck?

someone not turning off the lights when they leave a room and it's empty.

slamming doors

not saying thank you to someone who is holding a door open for you

getting up to get a drink but not offering to get anything for anyone else in the room

men who think just bc they have a penis,they get to act like d*cks.

women who think just bc they have a vagina,they get to act like d*cks.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
One I've finally lost patience for:
Co-workers that come up to me to ask a question, but feel they need to go through twenty minutes of barely associated backstory before finally asking the question... The question is usually something minor and could have been answered in a couple of seconds.

Also, people who ask questions or want you to do something without providing you the subject or in what context: "Can you get that thing over there for me?" or out of blue "What did that guy say the other day again?" (What guy?, Where?, I talk to a lot of people...) WTF do you want?...

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
-people who don't give the little wave when you let them merge in front of you
-people who don't use turn signals
-tailgaters

-noisy neighbors
-open mouth chewers
-people with no sense of personal responsibility
-someone who doesn't empty the dishwasher even though they know it's done
-people who don't help clean up after dinner
-people who don't pick up after their pets
-hardcore dog haters
-hardcore cat haters

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Yep I have to agree. Your friends child does indeed have blonde hair. Its what's known as sandy blonde or dirty blonde. Your child looks like he has platinum blonde hair.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Driving: people who refuse to get out of the passing lane when they are slower than the rest of the traffic. I HATE passing on the right. People who stop instead of merge.

Grammar: Ending a sentence with "at" and I hear it SO MUCH that it's become acceptable and I heard it on the NEWS one night!!! It is not "where are you at?", it is "where are you?"

I "seen" (wrong tense) using the wrong your/you're, their/they're...

Personality: mean people, judgmental people, narrow minded people, people who have to be right, people who tout they are Christians but are all of the above, people who don't accept responsibility for their actions and the results. People who mosey across the parking lot in front of you - if I let you cross, pick up the pace and wave! People who stay on their cell phone and never acknowledge others - i.e. checking out at a store. Get off the phone and reply to the cashier when they speak to you!

General quirks: dinners with multiple starches. Yeah, I know that is weird. Growing up in the south, all of my friends had Sunday dinners that consisted of something breaded and fried (country fried steak or chicken) biscuits, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and corn. Ug.

Wow - I'm a b1tch!:rofl:

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
When people say "I SEEN this the other day."

GRR.

Or confuse "they're, their, there."
Morons! :mad: That gets under my skin!

My pet peeve is a dirty kitchen. I like the kitchen clean when I come home from work, or get up in the morning. I know I have to cook dinner....or breakfast....and I like to start with a clean kitchen. I hate crumbs all over or somthing spilled and not wiped up! :mad: :mad: :mad:

1 - 20 of 314 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.