Talk About Marriage banner

161 - 180 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
The Navajos in Northern Arizona are in bad shape. Over 60K pounds of fresh produce was just delivered to them this afternoon. For some reason, our nearby reservation of Tohono O'odham are doing fine. I don't know why one tribe is okay, while another is suffering so much. I had the privilege to work with both Tohono O'odham and Pascua Yaqui people. They are survivors and proud of their ancient heritage. My heart breaks to see the real Americans suffering during this pandemic.

Meanwhile, the governor is planning to phase in reopening the state on 5/15. I think we'll be okay here. Arizona hasn't been hit that hard, which might be due to our low population density.

@Blondilocks - I saw the crowds in Huntington Beach protesting on the news today. Hey, I say let them mob the beaches. Just have them sign a waiver that they won't get medical care if they get COVID-19.

·
Premium Member
24,200 Posts
The Navajos in Northern Arizona are in bad shape. Over 60K pounds of fresh produce was just delivered to them this afternoon. For some reason, our nearby reservation of Tohono O'odham are doing fine. I don't know why one tribe is okay, while another is suffering so much. I had the privilege to work with both Tohono O'odham and Pascua Yaqui people. They are survivors and proud of their ancient heritage. My heart breaks to see the real Americans suffering during this pandemic.

Meanwhile, the governor is planning to phase in reopening the state on 5/15. I think we'll be okay here. Arizona hasn't been hit that hard, which might be due to our low population density.

@Blondilocks - I saw the crowds in Huntington Beach protesting on the news today. Hey, I say let them mob the beaches. Just have them sign a waiver that they won't get medical care if they get COVID-19.

Almost every death here has kanaka maoli.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Hm, I submitted it with zero when it looks like I could have submitted it with damn near half my gross sales listed as cogs, mostly my salary. I also pay 8.9% for an outside sales system that handles sales worldwide and handles all sales/vat tax collection and reporting and currency conversion so I don't have to deal with any of it. Hefty commission but worth it to me, the less time I spend dealing with that stuff the more time I can spend creating product.

Hope that zero isn't going to affect anything. Btw, this is what the SBA site says: "In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, small business owners in all U.S. states, Washington D.C., and territories are eligible to apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan advance of up to $10,000. This advance will provide economic relief to businesses that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue. Funds will be made available following a successful application. This loan advance will not have to be repaid." I'm not sure when the actual loan program will come out.
Quoting myself here because I just got my first response to this application after 22 days.

Dear Applicant,

We understand the challenges your business is facing due to the massive disruption caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. You are receiving this message as a notification that your Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) application is currently being processed in the order it was received. You will receive an email notification when there is a change to your application status.

Without question, COVID-19 has caused an extraordinary impact on our nation's small businesses, and the demand for emergency working capital provided by the EIDL program is at historic levels. The SBA is processing applications from small businesses and private non-profit organizations across the country as quickly as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to assist as many applicants as possible.

Additional information on available resources to assist your business during the effects of COVID-19 may be found online at www.sba.gov/coronavirus.
So should I start holding my breath now or what?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #166 (Edited)
I just pray data and research I have seen is wrong, and Sars CoV 2 has been hyped out of proportion. If it hasn’t been there maybe hell to pay later.

May not even know all the implications for another 10 years.

Don’t know how it is elsewhere.
Once governor lifted restrictions people are going crazy.
Despite the call for continued social distances, no crowds, hair cut by appointments only, people are completely ignoring the recommendations. Planning big get togethers since they have had extra $$ and children aren’t in school.

I met a new client for the first time yesterday, and had to stop him from trying to shake my hand, and get in my face.

As for the “new normal“ I am the only one I have seen wear a mask, or practice social distancing since they have eased restrictions. I think my dirty, after work wild hillbilly look when I have had to go in a few businesses is about the only thing which has so far kept me from being confronted because I have damned sure gotten some looks of pure venom I never got before easing of restrictions.

Kind of a side note: although there has been a lot of fraud from people using others ss# to get benefits (using numbers of essential employees still working), I saw as many new television boxes, high $$ telescope boxes etc when I threw trash in dumpsters yesterday as see around Christmas so apparently people are using the extra $ over and above what they would normally get working wisely. (Sarcasm)

Yes i realize a mask doesn’t help protect me per se. I see it as a courtesy to others.

And it seems they are correct opening our state is drawing lots of people with plates from states that are supposed to be still under lock down. A lot of them.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Anyone else live on a tourist area bordering other states that haven’t lifted restrictions?

Local paper said swim beaches had to close off entrance because they were overcapacity for even normal times and people kept showing up.

Was reported So many people from out of state took 2 hours to drive 20 miles

·
Registered
263 Posts
Quoting myself here because I just got my first response to this application after 22 days.

So should I start holding my breath now or what?
I applied too.

I am an independent contractor and I got my advance May 1st I believe. I thought I wasn't going to get anything because I haven't received any emails or letters. I'm still waiting for them to send me an email. We'll see...

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
We applied for the PPP. The day our application was ready to be submitted, the fund ran out of money. We kept our place in the que, so the application was submitted on April 27 (or thereabout, whatever day the funds were added back into the account) and we received an email Saturday morning stating that our loan was approved. The funds were in our account Monday morning. I honestly did not think we would get anything. It is going to be a huge help to our small business.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Anyone else live on a tourist area bordering other states that haven’t lifted restrictions?

Local paper said swim beaches had to close off entrance because they were overcapacity for even normal times and people kept showing up.

Was reported So many people from out of state took 2 hours to drive 20 miles
I live in South East Virginia.

Our beaches are open to fishing and exercise. You see people walking, running, swimming, surfing. People can gather in groups of ten or less.

The weather has been nice. My kids went surfing last weekend and they had a blast!
The weather has helped people here to be outdoors. I see a lot of people wearing masks. I see people trying to keep their distance at the grocery store. I think the majority of people here are adjusting well to social distancing.

We have seen protestors at the ocean front but they haven't been in the news so far. My kids looked at them like they were from Mars. My 16 year old nephew said "why do they have to be so obnoxious here?"

We'll see what happens once we go back to normal on June 10.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I applied too.

I am an independent contractor and I got my advance May 1st I believe. I thought I wasn't going to get anything because I haven't received any emails or letters. I'm still waiting for them to send me an email. We'll see...
I'm glad you posted this. I just checked and I had a $1000 deposit from the treasury on the 4th, two days after I received that email. I never managed to find a bank to take my ppp application but once the stimulus money started hitting peoples accounts my sales rebounded to the point that I'm closing in on ytd 2019 and slightly ahead of ytd 2018 so I'm not too broken up about it.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Are food prices starting To sky rocket in other places?

In one week a ribeye went from 1199-15.79 a pound, and hamburger went up over $3 a pound.
Said Walmart the next town over had ran out of meat.
Other items increasing prices as well and shelves starting to get bare again.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I was in the grocery store on Friday. More meat than I've ever seen in that department. I mean, whole filets - at least four of those monsters. I haven't noticed a price increase yet.

The problem we're seeing in southern Arizona is the cattle farmers can't sell their stock. Less processing plants up to 100% operational + no restaurants open = cattle won't sell. The cattlemen are really hurting here.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
I was in the grocery store on Friday. More meat than I've ever seen in that department. I mean, whole filets - at least four of those monsters. I haven't noticed a price increase yet.

The problem we're seeing in southern Arizona is the cattle farmers can't sell their stock. Less processing plants up to 100% operational + no restaurants open = cattle won't sell. The cattlemen are really hurting here.
Several are having problems selling.
Maybe farmers will start doing the half and quater sales through local independent processors.
Meat Getting scarce here.
Tried to get a take out today. No beef anything they said.
Most recent price for ribeyes.

$3.80 increase in one week.

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
We are not having any shortages here and prices have pretty much stayed the same with the exception of gas, which has gone way down. Maybe its a regional issue?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
We are not having any shortages here and prices have pretty much stayed the same with the exception of gas, which has gone way down. Maybe its a regional issue?
Time will tell if it regional.

This morning someone posted from county on north side of us. Pork chop doubled in a week. Almost $10 pound.

At this rate out grocery bill is set to double.

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
Our state is in the first phase of 3 to re-open. I will be working remotely through the summer. I have zero complaints about that. Meat is kind of hard to find but we are doing well because as an ex-Mormon, I still practice food storage. We want for nothing, really.I was able to buy 10 lbs. Of bacon last week and I stuck it in the freezer. We have plenty of meat.

People seem to feel more brave by not wearing masks in public lately although nothing has changed here. I love our current governor-she is fantastic.

I go out once a week for fresh produce and it's crazy how many at-risk people (the elderly) I see not wearing a mask.

·
Premium Member
24,200 Posts
People seem to feel more brave by not wearing masks in public lately although nothing has changed here. I love our current governor-she is fantastic.

I go out once a week for fresh produce and it's crazy how many at-risk people (the elderly) I see not wearing a mask.
I think there is a misconception folks have about wearing mask in public spaces. One does not wear a mask to avoid contracting the virus. We wear a mask because we may be the vector spreading the mask. So, the only risk to not wearing a mask is to those around us.

Since this virus tends to spread up to 48 hours prior to symptoms, this is significant. I think this is a message lost on most people.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #180 (Edited)
Not my area. Cousin of mine posted.

If that isn’t a mistake of the store printer or something theN WOW!

I think it has to be a mistake though. who in their right mind would pay it. 🙂

Attachments

161 - 180 of 203 Posts