Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this year started with an unexpected bang! On January 1, I was to get together with SO for an afternoon of ice skating and relaxing; first time we’d spent a chunk of time together since the week before Christmas. I walked into his place, and he whispered to me that his youngest daughter was there. He was to be dropping her off with her Mom by noon that day, but her Dad told her that him and I were going skating, and she wanted to come along.

Some of you read my somewhat recent post about how she doesn’t like that her Dad is dating me (not a slight against me; she doesn’t want him dating in general). So, you can imagine my utter shock to find out that she wanted to hang out. But, we all had the best afternoon! We went outdoor skating, and there was a toboggan hill there too, and they had sleds in SO’s car, so to the hill we went. She suggested that we all go down together, so down we zipped and up we climbed over and over again. So much fun was had by everyone, I think (I hope)!

We dropped her off at her Mom’s later on, and she forgot something at her Dad’s so, her and her sister (SO’s oldest, adopted daughter) walked over. So, not only was the littlest one open to hanging out with me, but I met his oldest, who’s a super-duper pleasant girl. Big, big day!

Then, I went home to find that one of my dogs was really out of sorts. She was still that way yesterday morning, so I made an emergency vet appointment; got some pokes and prods and x-rays after finding the source of the problem. Apparently, shih tzus and more compact dogs have some issues with this, but she has compression between 2 of her vertebrae. Apparently, it may eventually result in neurological problems, and losing the use of her front legs, but am hoping that I caught it in time. She’s now on anti-inflammatories and pain killers, and a puppy t-shirt since she also got a couple of warts clipped and cleaned. She’s back to her regular self though, after only a couple doses of meds!

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts
Uh, I gotta say it..

This big bang that you were talkin' about..

Was that you doing the legs "go everywhere' thing on those ice skates and your butt hittin' the ice, with yes...a big bang?

Just wundrin'?

Tessa-

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uh, I gotta say it..

This big bang that you were talkin' about..

Was that you doing the legs "go everywhere' thing on those ice skates and your butt hittin' the ice, with yes...a big bang?

Just wundrin'?

Tessa-
Nope, didn't fall once; pretty impressive for not being in ice skates for over a year!

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Oh I am just SO happy that things are going so well for you and your SO and his kids. Sounds like things are progressing naturally and I really like the sound of that.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your furbaby will be ok and the anti inflammatories do the trick. I bet she looks so cute in a puppy t shirt. My furbaby sends her love, along with mine. You're such a good mama.

·
Administrator
42,496 Posts
Sounds like things turned out very well with your SO and his daughters. Hopefully that's an indication that things will go well in the future.

Sorry to hear about your dog. That's awful. One thing that really bothers me about dogs is that they are so stoic. They just don't often let you know that they are having a problem and suffer in silence.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I am just SO happy that things are going so well for you and your SO and his kids. Sounds like things are progressing naturally and I really like the sound of that.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your furbaby will be ok and the anti inflammatories do the trick. I bet she looks so cute in a puppy t shirt. My furbaby sends her love, along with mine. You're such a good mama.
Me too Lucy, and thanks! Slow but sure wins the race….

My fur ball is doing well, thanks, and was looking much perkier even last night. Thanks for the love from you and your furbaby; much appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Me too Lucy, and thanks! Slow but sure wins the race….

My fur ball is doing well, thanks, and was looking much perkier even last night. Thanks for the love from you and your furbaby; much appreciated!
Ermagerd, she's SOOOOO CUUUUUTE! I just want to snuggle her.

I'm glad things are getting better with SO's kids. This IS great news.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
924 Posts
So, this year started with an unexpected bang! On January 1, I was to get together with SO for an afternoon of ice skating and relaxing; first time we’d spent a chunk of time together since the week before Christmas. I walked into his place, and he whispered to me that his youngest daughter was there. He was to be dropping her off with her Mom by noon that day, but her Dad told her that him and I were going skating, and she wanted to come along.

Some of you read my somewhat recent post about how she doesn’t like that her Dad is dating me (not a slight against me; she doesn’t want him dating in general). So, you can imagine my utter shock to find out that she wanted to hang out. But, we all had the best afternoon! We went outdoor skating, and there was a toboggan hill there too, and they had sleds in SO’s car, so to the hill we went. She suggested that we all go down together, so down we zipped and up we climbed over and over again. So much fun was had by everyone, I think (I hope)!

We dropped her off at her Mom’s later on, and she forgot something at her Dad’s so, her and her sister (SO’s oldest, adopted daughter) walked over. So, not only was the littlest one open to hanging out with me, but I met his oldest, who’s a super-duper pleasant girl. Big, big day!

Then, I went home to find that one of my dogs was really out of sorts. She was still that way yesterday morning, so I made an emergency vet appointment; got some pokes and prods and x-rays after finding the source of the problem. Apparently, shih tzus and more compact dogs have some issues with this, but she has compression between 2 of her vertebrae. Apparently, it may eventually result in neurological problems, and losing the use of her front legs, but am hoping that I caught it in time. She’s now on anti-inflammatories and pain killers, and a puppy t-shirt since she also got a couple of warts clipped and cleaned. She’s back to her regular self though, after only a couple doses of meds!
See I told you to just keep being yourself would work. Don't know why you were shocked that
they like you. I just read words on a computer screen and I can tell your a good person.

Sorry to hear about your dog glad to hear she is doing better. My 15 year old Aussie has similar problems.
Takes pain killers sometimes also. Can't jump up and out of the truck anymore put I give her a boost up.

Take care

1 - 11 of 11 Posts