Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
EA is an abbreviation for "Emotional Affair" -- this would be an affair where they are "just friends" but spend hours on the cell phone, texting, emailing, etc. but haven't yet had sex.

PA is the abbreviation for "Physical Affair" -- this would be an affair that is a One Night Stand (ONS) or that has crossed from an EA to kissing/touching, or from an EA to having sex.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi y'all - been browsing through the forums while I should be working today. Married 21 years since my mid 20s. Good, bad and lately pretty indifferent. Four awesome kids - 2 in college and 2 in hs. Looking forward to sharing and perhaps getting a little perspective.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, I have had some concerns with my relationship with husband of 8 years (I guess this year will be 9), and relationships within the family too, as we have a blended family, sometimes it gets hairy. I need some support and hopefully provide support for others as well.
So I found this site today and it looks good.:)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hiya Folks!

Im from the eastcoast, so...ummm...yeah..right about now im freezing my ass off and wishing for some sun. 40 married for 16 years, right before the baby was born, GO US! lol, 4 lovely children...well...they arent so lovely right at this moment because my three daughters are yellling their heads off downstairs and im doing my best to ignore it and let my husband handle it.

Im actually a therapist in real life, but i do kids and teens, them i "get", lol, but damn if i can fix what goes on in my personal life, lmao. Its a running joke...usually in my head, hahaha.

Found this site looking for was to NOT stab my husband in his sleep....THATS a running joke in my head too, lmao.

Anyway look forward to reading and sharing. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just found this forum. Thought I was introduce myself. I've been married for 18 years have children and up until five years ago, I had the marriage and relationship that other people envied. We've grown apart, and I'm here to get advice.

I feel like I can't really talk about my concerns with our mutual friends, and I think it's destructive and a breach of trust and respect to talk with my mom or my sister. But I need an outlet to vent and get advice from time to time. This looks like the place for that.

For now, I'll just read and absorb, and maybe comment every now and then. I hope to learn from others.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Janesmith and Bluegentry, welcome. I haven't been here long, but so far enjoy the perspective here, and it's a great place to vent graciously :).
Edited for spelling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

I am looking forward to join the community here. greetings from switzerland!

Monique

Welcome to Talk About Marriage.

Talk About Marriage is a forum to discuss marriage and relationships. Here, we interpret the word "marriage" loosely, recognizing that many different people from different cultures view marriage differently.

I started Talk About Marriage because I know that there are a ton of people out there looking for help and support in their relationships. Talk About Marriage provides a unique opportunity for people to anonymously post and provide feedback to others about their relationships. There is no cost for using this website; it is entirely supported by advertising and it's parent site, The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory.

The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory has been one of the top sites in the search engines for "Marriage Counseling" and "Family Counseling" since 2003. Because of this, I am aware of the masses of people that are searching for help on the internet. Based on some rough statistics, I can estimate that about a half million visitors came to the site this past year.

Talk About Marriage is designed to be a community forum for those interested in talking to others about their relationships, but perhaps not ready to take the extra step to get professional help. Be aware that there are professionals available for relationship help all around the world, and The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory is just a small sample of therapists who have chosen to advertise.

The American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy has a service called Therapist Locator, which lists trained marriage and family therapists in the US, Canada, and Overseas.

The American Psychological Association also has a referral service called the APA Help Center.

In addition, the Open Directory Project has a category full of other mental health counseling directories. And there are advertisers on this site who provide professional services as well.

As you can see, I am partial to professional help. One reason being, that I have a post-graduate degree in Social Work, and I believe it to be a worthy field with impeccable values. The other reason I am partial to professional help, is that I've done my own work in different forms of therapy for many years, and I've found it to be an incredible life-enriching process that has helped me to become a good husband and father. Therapy has a way of helping me see things I wouldn't normally see, and learn things about myself that I might never have learned.

Of course, I've heard all of the horror stories about therapists out there who "did this" or "said that!" I'm very fortunate that the one's I've spent time with have been well-trained and ethical. People should be aware that every state has licensing bodies who are there to deal with unethical behavior, and it is our duty to report unethical conduct.

That brings me back to this forum :D . Please read our posting guidelines. This forum is open to the general public, and there is no guarantee about what anyone here might say. Please be respectful of others, regardless of how different your views are.

Thank you for visiting my site.

Chris Hartwell

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I'm new here, been lurking for ages and just felt like saying hello. I have found this site both a comfort and an inspiration at times.
Reading posts about the pain of discovering cheating I find most heart rending and reading posts about stories of recovery and rediscovery of love heart warming. I am married and find that throughout everything, everything, all the hardest times, times when I felt like closing down and not letting anything hurt me, the most important thing is to keep the communication lines open (I know it's been said before). Talk, touch and sometimes even shout and scream and basically honor the commitment to do whatever it takes to keep the passion and the love alive. If you're going to keep something to yourself only do it until you can recompose yourself. If an issue is important enough DO get it out in the open even if it is painful. Take time to examine yourself, and ask yourself regularly when an issue comes up, "How important is this to me?". Leave stuff until you are clear where you are really coming from. Sometimes I find we can communicate a feeling or an idea and it gets jumbled message across because our feelings are jumbled and we don't know what we really need, talk about it, get it clear what you are really looking for. Is the issue really to do with your partner or are you tired or stressed or hungry and taking your mood out on your nearest and dearest. Are you bored or unhappy with yourself, what do you need, what can you do for yourself? I don't know, I am probably not the best person to give advice. I just wanted to share with you the stuff that made the glue that has helped us to connect and stay together through the hard stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say 'hi'. So, hi. I've never posted on a forum like this, so I'm a little nervous about it.

I've been married for seven years and we have three children (6, 5, and 2). Our eldest is seriously ill (she has a 30% chance of survival). I'm having a little trouble keeping my family together as this situation has really highlighted the different approaches my husband and I have to parenting (of course I realise this is not the best time to be making big decisions).

It's nice to find somewhere to talk to people who aren't directly involved.

Thank you. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi am new to this site and I completely unhappy in my marriage but have kept my unhappiness to myself for the sake of my children and i am also financially tied (for the time being) so found this site in the hope that it may be of some help to me

161 - 180 of 215 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.