Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I don't have many talents but the one that is odd to most is my ability to remember the Capitals of any country or any state/provence. Literally, I know every one. As a child growing up, my "parents" had nothing to say to us but turn dinner time in to a psycho game show. I was eating my food and all of a sudden it would be "What is the capital of Iceland?", or "What is the Capital of Senegal?" screamed in my face.
Two weeks ago, my son's high school had an auction to raise money for his prom and other events, 4 years from now. Most people donated their beach/ski houses, homes in Tuscany, use of a private plane, etc. You get the point. We are the really poor people in a rich school. What did I donate? Ask me the capital of any country/state/province, no matter how obscure and I will know it. If I am wrong, I donate $100. If I am right, you donate $200. I raised $19,600. I owed $400.
Anybody else have weird skills?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Number plates - I have an almost photographic memory for them. Every one of my colleagues, friends - I know the make, model, colour of their car and the number plate. I'll be driving down the road behind someone and recognise it and be hooting and waving and they think someone's starting on them ha ha. Luckily I have quite a distinctive car so they realise who it is eventually. I don't just know current numberplates either - I know them three or four cars back too

I am also brilliant at flags

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Ask me the capital of any country/state/province, no matter how obscure and I will know it. If I am wrong, I donate $100. If I am right, you donate $200. I raised $19,600. I owed $400.
that is freakin' amazing. i wish i had that skill

Reactions: Maricha75

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I can pop my hip in and out of socket.

I can flip you off with my toes.

I can wiggle my ears.

I can hoola hoop for 30 minutes straight. :rofl: did that in 8th grade.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Vanuata, Tuvalu, Cooks Islands and Pitcairn Islands. I know them now.
Posted via Mobile Device
I didn't even know two of those existed, much less their capitals. But if you give me a number, I can name the Washington capitals (CAPS) player, or visa versa. My son also became a huge caps fan (at 9yrs old) and could name them by number, but couldn't remember our home phone number. So we had him use the CAPS players names to help him remember our phone number.:scratchhead:

Ok, I strayed off topic. Another talent of mine.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I can flip you off with my toes too.

I can pick up a soda bottle with my toes and pour it into a glass.

I can sound exactly like a goat.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Number plates - I have an almost photographic memory for them. Every one of my colleagues, friends - I know the make, model, colour of their car and the number plate. I'll be driving down the road behind someone and recognise it and be hooting and waving and they think someone's starting on them ha ha. Luckily I have quite a distinctive car so they realise who it is eventually. I don't just know current numberplates either - I know them three or four cars back too

I am also brilliant at flags
You will be a fantastic witness in a crime. I mean it!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
299 Posts
You will be a fantastic witness in a crime. I mean it!
Posted via Mobile Device
It would make for a really boring lifetime movie. She needs to have temporary amnesia from her jet ski accident, and just have had corrective eye surgery.

...and be banging someone she doesn't know is a distant relative.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
My husband has an eidetic memory. He doesn't remember everything he hears but he remembers every single thing he sees. He could tell you what the guy looked like who was the cashier at Kroger a year ago, the date it happened and the cologne he was wearing or what others around him was. He's like that guy in Criminal Minds. Weird beyond belief.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.