Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a little over weight, not bad, but I have many friends that struggle with serious weight issues. Being over weight really effects the sexual desire. Its hard to feel sexy when you look in the mirror and hate your self. And how are we supposed to get turned on when our man is a big pile of jelly. Looks like the FDA is coming to the rescue with a new drug that helps those fighting with weight issues. The FDA just approved a drug called Belviq and it works a little like fen-phen only safer. It works by helping your brain control your desire to eat and with diet and exercise people lost weight.

www.belviq.ws has all the skinny (LOL) on this. It also seems to work well with people battling diabetes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had this issue in the past. Before you can actually lose weight you need to look at your failed attempts. You have to really get to the root cause of your weight and why it spiralled out of control.
Was it stress? Emotional eating? Lack of motivation? "Not enough time" to eat healthy or enough money?

Figure out the reason. That is the first step.

Second, drugs are not the solution to everything. Sometimes you have to do things the hard way. I would try working out. At least once a day for 30 minutes. You can step it up to an hour when you feel ready.

Losing weight takes time and dedication before you see the pay-off. In the meantime just the act of working out will get your blood pumping for sex and help you in feeling more confident.

In a weeks time you will already feel healthier. Oh, and lots of water, of course I had to add that in there. I have quite a few more weight loss tips than this, you may pm me if you like.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Eating right and exercise is really the only way to lose weight and keep it off.

I have always had this problem after giving birth. It is hard to get in the mood when you feel like the Michelin Man ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am currently going through weight loss program right now. This is what I did first.

Look at yourself and you must make commitment to yourself to lose the weight. How did you get fat, why did you get fat. I've used all the nay-sayers in my life as motivation to lose the weight. My weight loss started with changing my attitude towards my weight.

Get a plan. I've never been fat but since i hit 30 with several knee/ankle injuries, I've put on 40-50lbs. I'm 6'2" but it's still alot. Plan on doing "diet" for rest of your life. So plan to live it rest of your life. I've used tools on my iphone/android that keeps track of calories. There are TONS of tools out there, my favorite being netdiary. free on iphone, but cost on android. You can also use computer.

I did not cut out fat. I did not cut out carbs. I eat what I want. However, when you use those tools, something in your brain will change. You'll start seeing everything as calories. What I did was reduce AMOUNT, i.e. 1 chicken wing once a week lol. Can you do that? I couldn't before, but now I can.

Add exercise as boost. First thing I noticed after my diet was how much energy I had. weird but true, less calories I took, more energy I felt during workout. Before I could hardly do 2Miles in 40min on elliptical. I do 4.5Miles in 50min now. What I do is 20min yoga in the morning, 30min weight lifting evening after work, then 50min elliptical following weight. I plan on increasing that to 60min in couple weeks and aim for 5.5Miles. I do this M, T, W(only weight), Th, S.

Consistency is key. One failure should not lead to 2nd failure. If you fail 1 day, pick urself up and do it better next day. I've lost about 15lbs in 2 months. That's with 2 weeks of vacation in between. I got 35lbs more to go. Wish you and me good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know lots of guys that have lost sexual interest in their sexy bride after years of twinkies. Who wants to do a 250# women? Not many.

·
Registered
421 Posts
As we age it gets harder but, it is possible to stay lean but, is harder for some than others. From what i have lived many couple get fat together as they both tend to eat and drink similarly. Some exceptions but...

As others have stated go old school. Cut calories and late night food/drink. Most of the heavy people i know eat too much and or the wrong foods. It sounds like a hassle but, employ a weightwatchers program which limits food intake or get a food scale for 10 bucks and you can see how small a 1/4 lb burger is or how many calories are in a slice of cheese. The body needs a relatively small number of calories to operate. Most of us simply eat too much.

I like to drink and have nothing against it but, it has empty (not nutritional) calories and can lower your inhibitions and make you skip your diet (till tomorrow) if you catch a buzz. If you do drink consider low cal beer, bud select is 55 calories (1/2 of a light beer) and isn't bad. If you drink wine or mixed drinks measure to know how bad you are doing. If you are making diet cokes and rum in a water glass it can easily be 400 calories or more if you like them strong.

Excercise helps but, can lull you into a false sense that you can splurge. If you lift weights it can make you very hungry. If you burn 200 calories at the gym you can easily eat that back with tablespoon of butter and a slice of bread

Be HONEST with yourself about what goes in your mouth.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi
Loosing fat means being super strict with food. No excuses, no "just a reward" ideas.

Exercise increase too, although you don't need to do more than 30 minutes with HIIT, so worth looking into that imho.

I find fat it is affecting me too. Reading the above it sounds logical now.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I would hate to be fat.
Being overweight is a challenge. I struggle everyday to stay thin. Since my neck injury I'm no longer able to walk far or run. I've delt with weight issues since I was a young child. In my teens(13) I got a job as a waitress and lost all my childhood weight. It's not been easy since. I do believe exercise and eating right is vital in losing weight.

There is no miracle pill or food that can successfully keep the weight off once it's lost. This is a life altering challenge. Right now I'm on my bike reading posts. I must keep my upper half body as still as possible.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I watch what I eat and stay active.

It's odd to me because I hear some large people say they have to hate themselves to lose weight.

Huh? For me letting myself go means I wasn't loving myself.

And I recall you mentioning having had a neck injury. My sympathy to you and think it is great that you didn't let it stop you.
I've never had an overweight friend be happy about their weight. I have one friend who is obese and she complains constantly about her weight, yet she eats quarter pounders with Swiss cheese and sautéed mushrooms with onions rings for lunch several times a week, a large pack of cookies a week and candy bars. They cook only with lard.:/. I've heard every excuse from her not to exercise. Really??? The most outrageous foods I eat is a square or two of Hershey's Chocolate. I keep mine in the freezer, so it lasts a long time.

I try not to let my injury get to me. My goal is to stay as active as possible. I can not walk long distances, so I need a wheelchair when shopping.:/.

Exercising was an obsession of mine. I ran 6 miles 6-7 days a week. I pushed myself to shin splints before taking a day off of running, especially during the cooler months. I can only bike, but I'll take it. Since biking, I've become more mobile around the house. I can get more housework done without putting myself through unbearable pain.

I'm not overweight, but I am heavier since my injury. I'm trying very hard to lose the few extra pounds. I watch my calories(900-1200) daily, bike and stay as active as possible. I would never use any pills, powders, shakes, fad diets to lose weight. It works, but only temporary. My husband does the grocery shopping and he rarely buys junk snacks. He buys fruit and healthy foods for the kids. If I'm to gain any amount of weight, I take full responsibility and no excuses. I've always had a slower metabolism.

My husband is very thin. He, too, is obsessed with exercise. I'm sure it helps keep me motivated. I also do it for myself and health reasons.

·
Banned
1,967 Posts
Im 5'2 and 105 lbs..I STILL pick on my body..its not that difficult to be insecure and self conscious no matter how much you weigh..I feel best(physically and emotionally) when Im the healthiest which involves excerisize and eatign clean...

Im not a propennet of keeping to much "extra " weight on you and saying thats just me for the simple fact its proven to cut yoru life short(adn lessen quality) on top of the self esteem issues..But wieght isnt the end all and be all..on how we pick on ourselves..

Dallas

·
Registered
44 Posts
My sister's daughter is always looking at fashion magazines. They are called beauty magazines. They should be called ugly magazines. All they do is make girls feel unattractive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My sister's daughter is always looking at fashion magazines. They are called beauty magazines. They should be called ugly magazines. All they do is make girls feel unattractive.
It's unfortunate that young girls' first impressions on "beauty" is formed by the fashion mags. Nothing more unattractive than some of the stick figures they feature.

Oh, and fyi to the OP: If you think the FDA has your best interest in mind, think again.

As other posters have said, put down the sugar, the soda, the processed foods, and the alcohol, and you'll be amazed at how quickly the pounds come off.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I can say honestly without a doubt that getting yourself in shape will help with your self esteem, the way other people view you and your home sex life.

I have always been into physical fitness and thought that I was in good condition, but I have taken it to another level in my 40s. I look and feel better than I ever have in my entire life and I'm not ashamed to admit that it feels great when you catch strangers staring at you on the beach, in the gym, etc.

My wife - unfortunately not exactly the queen of sex - has been a little better the past few months since I have ripped up even more when I initiate sex. And I am really convinced that there is a correlation.

You will feel so much better about yourself and that is contagious to the people around you. Diet and exercise are the answers to your problems. Good luck.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why not just quit eating grain products and sugar?
such a guy response. food is more than just food. for many women is their only friend and a source of comfort and joy.

If you men started treating us like the princess we are we would not turn to food. and heck, we might even give you a BJ

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.