Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
You don't need a counselor to find ways to have fun together.

While you are staying home, find ways to bring joy and surprise into his life when he gets home from work. It might be a nice meal one day. It might be sharing a funny story you find on the Internet. It could be that you left him a note in his lunchbox that called him a silly name. Although your child is young and you're very busy, you can do things with your son that makes your husband feel important and loved, too, like fingerpainting with your son/daughter and making YOUR picture about daddy, too. Go ahead and be silly, outrageous, and have fun.

Kid crafts are perfect opportunities for you to give an adult twist that can freshen up your love life. Frisky crayon drawings, macaroni "anniversary" ring to celebrate the 42nd time you told him you love him, etc.

Make him your "king" in your drawings, or your "knight in shining armour" or other crazy thoughts that will please him.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Thanks Kathy,that helps some,just feel like im making such an effort for when he gets home from work....and hes too tired to do anything fun...let alone have a fun conversation with me. I feel hes giving up and i think i am too :(
I understand completely. That's why I suggested things that can easily be worked into what you're already doing and that don't require a response from him. If you do things that build him up, then after a period of weeks or a couple of months even, you'll start seeing a positive response from him - he will look forward to those moments so coming home will be a pleasure to him. When being at home with you is pleasurable, he'll want to please you and connect with you more, too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.