Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I take back what I said the other night. I messaged her anyway. It wasn't a dating relationship she was just an old friend from a long time ago that reconnected with me after my mother passed away and vanished without so much as a reason a few months later. And I felt like nothing more than an emotional crutch to her even in the face of tragedy. I don't expect a response back from her but it was closure in a way. I've held onto a lot of pain over the years with several things and this was something I'd never even considered a few months ago but thanks to a hell of a friend I made on another forum (she's the BEST) that's helped quite a bit and our current situation, I did.
So no expectations then?

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
So no expectations then?
Well, it wasn't anything like a dating relationship, I just went to middle school with her and a few months after reconnecting, she just vanished with no reasons given. I have an idea why, but it was just hard to wrap my head around at the time. Should I not hear anything back from her, at least I was the better person here. But out current pandemic just got me thinking.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, it wasn't anything like a dating relationship, I just went to middle school with her and a few months after reconnecting, she just vanished with no reasons given. I have an idea why, but it was just hard to wrap my head around at the time. Should I not hear anything back from her, at least I was the better person here. But out current pandemic just got me thinking.
I agree this is a time for reflection, but again I stand firm. Beware of your humanity, it opens you up to more emotional thinking and when under stress, if you do life altering moves it releases dopamine to the brein. A feel good to your brain, but be watchful Because it requires more and more intensity to continue the feeling.

·
Registered
19,268 Posts
On topic though, the OP does have a point about stress and crisis. There are probably going to be some reconciliations based on the current situation and not on the merit or reformation of the wayward.

I agree with reconciliation sometimes, in the cases where the wayward has absolutely worked their ass off and genuinely changed themselves and the reconciliation is healthy and good for the betrayed.
I think once the crisis has passed, there's going to be a large spike in cheating.

I mean, it will be like kids going away to college for some. They're going to bang everyone just because they're now free to leave the house at will.

·
Registered
13,190 Posts
I think once the crisis has passed, there's going to be a large spike in cheating.

I mean, it will be like kids going away to college for some. They're going to bang everyone just because they're now free to leave the house at will.
That will be interesting to watch. I'm not certain I agree but I'm fascinated to observe.

I'm not sure how accurate this is but I heard from one source, going to have to verify over the next week or so, that divorces are up quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I believe because they really don't like their spouses, and spending this time with one they are finding out just really don't care for them. Will leave I don't think we will see a baby boom it seems most are only interested in them selves. And will make the break when they leave. But the furniture stores will be booming in sales, as the housing market.

·
Registered
105 Posts
This Covid lockdown im in is very strange because it means my wife is stuck here whilst she wants out. Either shel get jealous of me and the kids having a whale of a time without her and commit back to the family or shel be going insane making complex plans for getting money to escape me when it over haha.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited by Moderator)
This Covid lockdown im in is very strange because it means my wife is stuck here whilst she wants out. Either shel get jealous of me and the kids having a whale of a time without her and commit back to the family or shel be going insane making complex plans for getting money to escape me when it over haha.
She'll leave with as much of your money as possible.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited by Moderator)
And she's only upset because the OM, hasn't called her to join him she would go of course, but because she's thinking of the kids she would leave them with you of course. You know the virus thingy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
And she's only upset because the OM, hasn't called her to join him she would go of course, but because she's thinking of the kids she would leave them with you of course. You know the virus thingy.
Good ill take the kids. And she can go be with an old drunk druggie smoking over weight chap who needs liver transplant and reckons he has cancer. Oh but he makes her laugh tho

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sell what ever assets you have and get her on the plane, to the US THEN FILE ABANDONMENT.😎

Reactions: jlg07

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I agree this is a time for reflection, but again I stand firm. Beware of your humanity, it opens you up to more emotional thinking and when under stress, if you do life altering moves it releases dopamine to the brein. A feel good to your brain, but be watchful Because it requires more and more intensity to continue the feeling.
I did it for closure on my end whether I get a response or not. One would be nice, but I find it highly unlikely at this point in time. I still extended the olive branch even though she was the one in the wrong.

·
Registered
19,268 Posts
That will be interesting to watch. I'm not certain I agree but I'm fascinated to observe.

I'm not sure how accurate this is but I heard from one source, going to have to verify over the next week or so, that divorces are up quite a bit.
Ya, we’ve been lucky - we get along, even in close quarters for long periods of time. But for those marriages where they are in conflict... it’s going to be a powder keg, for sure.

But I bet there will be a COVID-19 baby boom, too.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts