Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this on a man’s profile mean nothing but sex and fun?
And if they have their city/and the ranch they visit often on weekends.
This guy I’ve been chatting with online lives in my town and about 45/hour has a ranch he maintains and visits often.

He put the above for his headline and the 2 locations.

Now of course I think player! Just wants to bed anyone from where he lives and the ranch lol

Trying to be open minded.
Any advice?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s not so much attachment that scares me as the safety aspect. Condoms only do so much and it doesn’t feel as nice. Then to know that their mouth has possibly been on another prior?

Don’t most find that ick?

·
Registered
531 Posts
It’s not so much attachment that scares me as the safety aspect. Condoms only do so much and it doesn’t feel as nice. Then to know that their mouth has possibly been on another prior?

Don’t most find that ick?

I agree. I would rather be with one person at a time.

For me FWB would only work in exclusivity. But I'm looking for emotional interest also...

I have a friend that wants all of the sex he never had as a married man ...meaning multiple partners.

I'd prefer all the sex I never had with a single partner.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here. I like to find that one single partner that we can do all the things I didn’t in my marriage. But it seems like the men want no exclusivity in that.
I would think if it’s good then stick with that one person. I dunno

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Unless you ask him, you won't know. I see the same thing on many women's profiles. I think it means that they are fine dating casually, perhaps even exclusively and long-term, but with no greater goal in mind (i.e., not getting serious, certainly not marriage). That often means FWB - some of which are long-term and exclusive.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think if you are used to one person that is not your guy, FWB, IS HIS IDEA, ITS PLAIN IN HIS HAVE FUN NO REALATONSHIP HEADER,,

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I have to give the guy credit for being honest with his headline that he wants to date but he's NOT looking for a relationship. We all read about those guys who lie and pretend they want a relationship when they really don't.

If you're looking for an FWB or casual date here and there with no strings, he's your guy. If your goal is something more serious, he's not your guy.

·
Registered
16,565 Posts
Random sex, without any kind of a sense of partner attachment and with a pronounced aura of seriousness, is nothing more than a unilateral ploy for using someone for a quick, thankless dose of dopaminic oxytocin!

They're a player ~ Steer clear! If it's the dopamine fix that he so badly needs, then let him find himself a local cathouse and pay for it, along with any of the accompanying maladies of crabs, STD's, and the usually expensive prescription drugs needed to remedy its symptoms!

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
Its great that he is honest.

It could mean anything from hookups to fun dates (probably including sex, but maybe that isn't the goal), but isn't looking for a long term relationship.

That might make perfect sense for someone who has to relocate for a few months, and doesn't have a relationship back home.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Sue, l don't think your even giving yourself a chance yet. You know first learn to be ok by yourself then after a yr or so you can explore it differently then otherwise your on the rebound and that spell's disaster.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Does this on a man’s profile mean nothing but sex and fun?

YES, that's EXACTLY what it means, so at least give him credit for being honest.

And if they have their city/and the ranch they visit often on weekends.
This guy I’ve been chatting with online lives in my town and about 45/hour has a ranch he maintains and visits often.

He put the above for his headline and the 2 locations.

Again, he is being honest, letting it be known that the relationship will be partially long distance.

Now of course I think player!

Guess that depends how you define player. He's not lying about his intentions, so some would say he's not a player. If by player you mean he just wants to play, hook-up with, etc. multiple women with no relationship, then YUP, he's a player and he's letting it be known up front.

Just wants to bed anyone from where he lives and the ranch lol

BINGO !

Trying to be open minded.

Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. You do not seem to want this no strings attached arrangement that he is being up front about. There is no shame in passing on this to seek the type of relationship YOU want. Don't let accusations of "narrow mindedness" lead you into a NSA arrangement that you ultimately would not be happy with.

Any advice?

Yes, steer clear if you are looking for a relationship. Most women who get involved with men who state clearly from the onset that they want nothing serious, do so thinking either that they themselves are the "cool girl" who can handle NSA arrangements (IOW, "open minded) or they think that the guy doesn't really mean what he says and will fall in love, despite his insistence on "nothing serious". BOTH of these situations (the girl being "cool" with it, or the guy falling in love) RARELY, if ever happens.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I have to give the guy credit for being honest with his headline that he wants to date but he's NOT looking for a relationship. We all read about those guys who lie and pretend they want a relationship when they really don't.

If you're looking for an FWB or casual date here and there with no strings, he's your guy. If your goal is something more serious, he's not your guy.
Exactly this. It REALLY is this simple.

With multiple people or one person?
A FWB situation
What does it matter? You know you don't want that, you want an exclusive, committed relationship, so he's not for you.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No it doesn’t matter, but the older I get I want that companionship. And yes I kay not be up to handle a FWB thing but it’s all men want it seems. I know that there is others that aren’t, but it’s not looking that way at all.

I consider myself a sexual person that needs or wants it often. I’ve learned that about myself with dating etc. and I don’t want to go to bars. But when it seems that men just want casual what do I do?

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
A lot of women’s profiles have the same statement, but they go on to explain that they aren’t looming for fwb. I was wondering what that meant too.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
What does it matter? You know you don't want that, you want an exclusive, committed relationship, so he's not for you.
Most importantly, if that's what someone is looking for, don't even THINK of entertaining the idea of, "Well, I'll check, because maybe he/she isn't really set in their ways, maybe they're just using that as a safety screen" so you go ahead anyway.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts