Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you have herpes, can you date someone? yes or no
I need an answer from everybody who already experienced this before.

·
Super Moderator
29,455 Posts
You need to be open and honest with anyone you date.

Some years ago there was a TV programme about an organisation that put people together who had herpes. My advice would be to check on Google or Bing to see if there are still such groups available.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Wow. That's a good question.

I admit I had to get a couple penicillin shots years ago, obviously before M. Was fortunate things cleared right up.

I bit the bullet and shared with all "partners" who may have been impacted. Which actually was better, worked out well.

And I got a little more selective for a while. But I knew who it was so was a little ahead of the game.

Great topic.

·
Registered
761 Posts
You could advertise: "herpes man looking for herpes woman". That would solve a lot of problems upfront.

·
Registered
679 Posts
when you have herpes, can you date someone? yes or no

I need an answer from everybody who already experienced this before.
The presence of herpes has no impact upon dating in and of itself. Is your question about sex, or other intimate contacts such as kissing or cuddling or holding hands, or something else altogether?

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
There are dating sites specifically for people with herpes to date other people with herpes.

Yes you can date, but you have to be honest and upfront before any potential sex.

The sites are very expensive and no better than POF. Perhaps slightly worse.

OP, just be normal. Be you. But be honest. You will be ok.

My favorite quote:

“Those who mind don’t matter & those who matter don’t mind”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Other people with herpes. Don't worry, there's A LOT of them out there>:)

This post is an excellent reminder to do your research (even if it was meant in jest). MANY people have it and don’t even know. Most doctors do not include it in a typical VD screening. The internet is a great tool. Use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
As wild as I was, I don't have anything besides sex to share during sex.

WOW!
Meh. Friend of my wife, younger sister to an old girlfriend...bottle of Valtrex on the kitchen shelf. Multi-month prescription. Knowing her, knowing her family, knowing her ex... ...Easy to pick up if you are with a liar.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.